Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dire_Venom

Special Upgrade changes, but has anything really changed at all:?

3 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,553 battles

The following was changed:

• Surveillance Radar Modification 1 was moved to slot 4
  • Hydroacoustic Search Modification 1 was moved to slot 4
  • Defensive AA Fire Modification 1 was moved to slot 4
  • Damage Control Party Modification 1 was moved to slot 1
  • Spotting Aircraft Modification 1 was moved to slot 1

Smoke Generator Modification 1 - smoke lifetime penalty reduced from 12% to 5%.

\\\\\

So far, have any of you found a use for any of the special upgrades with their new slot allocations:?

To gain +40% Dam Con time or +30% spotting time you have to give up durability for your gun/torp/aa moduals. For some ships, might be worthwhile while others you gain very little. E.g for my Dunkerque theres no way I'm risking losing 50% of my firepower to a random pen in return for 'meh'. For my NM or Arizona, the Dam Con mod might be useful (only 8 more seconds to invulnerability though).

For the rest you have to either give up acceleration or rudder shift time, both of which are vital to most ships.

Nice buff to the perth from the smoke mod, but your chances of getting the mod from super containers is pretty much nill ayway so it makes no difference. I've got about 7 special upgrades now (most of them duplicates) and none of them have been the smoke mod -_-. I really wish you could trade in Special upgrades (for a price maybe?) to get the ones which you could actually benefit from. That would've been a far better change.

What do you guys think:?

\\\\\\\\\\\

(Also a bit off topic, but would any of you recomend using the +30% spotting mod on the Perth:? With it you get (2) spotters for 234 seconds (3:54 min)  with a (3:48 min) cooldown in comparison to (2) fighters for 6 minutes with a 2 minute cooldown:?) For the spotters you get about 50% uptime and for the fighters about 75% uptime and are more tanky.

Edited by Dire_Venom

112 posts
1,553 battles

Ive never used radar myself, but I presume its something you would use regradsless of what slot it takes up. Its a 40% time buff I think:?

Sign in to follow this