Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Commander skills for Dunkirk DD's

16 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

With the introduction of 2 DD's with 19 point commanders for the upcoming Dunkirk event I was wondering about what others think would be a suitable build for their skills?

I'm thinking along the lines of an AA build obviously and I'm not really sure if CE will be worth it as a level 4 skill.

I think smoke consumable skills will also be handy.

Obviously this is for Anthony and Cyclone as Gallant (If purchased or won) would be entirely different.

Interested in others thoughts.

[LBAS]
4,467 posts
25,615 battles

no battleships, no cruisers, Torpedo boats without guns, no need CE, full build for guns and AA :cap_like:

Edited by MatterCore

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles

From what I've seen of the scenario so far, full AA build is the way to go. Not sure if manual AA is worth anything on those ships though, so you might have those 4 points to put somewhere else anyway.

1,336 posts
8,823 battles

Some of the Youtubers like Jingles have put out videos with their recommended Captain builds.

Basically you want to maximise AA power and consumables. So BFT and AFT for AA and JoaT and SI to allow more consumable usage. The Cyclone comes with smoke while the Anthony has DFAA.

753 posts
8,965 battles
19 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

A secret achievement for the operation Dunkek:cap_wander:, we need to work out

My guess is that the reward is Dunkerque because as with the Bismark event the end result was camos and the ship.

[LBAS]
4,467 posts
25,615 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Basically you want to maximise AA power and consumables. So BFT and AFT for AA and JoaT and SI to allow more consumable usage. The Cyclone comes with smoke while the Anthony has DFAA.

20046743_1443528535731159_54292267191022

1,336 posts
8,823 battles
33 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

20046743_1443528535731159_54292267191022

Manual AA skill is useless because it only affects higher calibre AA I believe? I don't think it works on those DDs though I could be wrong.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Manual AA only works for guns with over 85mm caliber. Anthony has only 40mm Vickers and 12.7mm MGs, while Cyclone is 37mm and 13.2mm AA guns. Since Cyclone has smoke consumable the French captain should take Smoke Screen Expert skill. Helps the little ships alot.

162 posts
3,307 battles
4 hours ago, Storm_Raiser said:

Both ships have manual AA control built in so there's no need to select it as a captain skill.

The manual AA captain skill allows guns of a caliber of 85mm or more to deal more damage to designated AA targets, so your explaination is invalid.

That being said it's useless on the dds here cos none of their AA guns are 85mm or above

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,953 battles

I would unironically recommend mounting RDF detection for this mission. As soon as a torpedo boat spawns on the map, you can be prepared to point your guns at the exact direction of the incoming attacts

Edited by 9mm1n

[BRU]
279 posts
2,066 battles
On 7/19/2017 at 5:21 PM, Trojan63 said:

With the introduction of 2 DD's with 19 point commanders for the upcoming Dunkirk event I was wondering about what others think would be a suitable build for their skills?

I'm thinking along the lines of an AA build obviously and I'm not really sure if CE will be worth it as a level 4 skill.

I think smoke consumable skills will also be handy.

Obviously this is for Anthony and Cyclone as Gallant (If purchased or won) would be entirely different.

Interested in others thoughts.

I dunno, when I opened the game yesterday, the commanders were already specced for AA and Last Stand, with 9 points left for whatever skills we want.

I got Superintendent, Jack Of All Trades and Survivability Expert for the Anthony, while I got Smoke Screen Expert instead of SE for the Cyclone.

CE is never worth it in this mode since all enemies will charge towards the convoy anyways, no sense decreasing detectability. Plus the Schnellboots spawn within gun range as well.

Edited by EJL

Sign in to follow this