Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
csoo54

Balance radar pls

10 comments in this topic

43 posts
11,713 battles

Let's count the number of radars! Don't forget the battleships!

mm: huuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr-ddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1.thumb.png.452a284b4dc0998b827d9c24058b738a.png

So it's 1 radar on my team and 6 on the enemy..

This was fun. Of course it was the Missouri radar that killed me.

414 posts
9,265 battles

"Radar OP plz nerf" happened because smoke camping meta, they ain't gonna rant in the first place if the meta isn't going like this.

Being permaspotted and clueless 24/7 in a cruiser isn't fun at all and needs something to counter this. Since CVs aren't a thing most of the time, therefore radar is introduced. Devs treatment to radar is also a bit off - looks at Belfast - so people think it is hella overpowered.

Usefulness of radar also depends on how good the player aims and the surrounding, if there are some/many allied ships that has range and DPM to deal with the spotted target or any terrain that blocks the view.

203 posts
11,795 battles

At first I thought this is another one of those thread.  Okay let's put that aside. :cap_like:
Anyway yes this is also the problem.
One team has to do the spotting "manual way" while the other one can go ham and be aggressive with their consumables.

Don't think mirror MM ( Same amount of radar ships for each team) will satisfy anyone though.
Not only it makes MM even worse you could also run into a CV-like situation where one can performs better than the other.
Because it can happens we're all humans afterall wether its human-error or just one of those players.

165 posts
2,037 battles

you choose random battle, you'll get something random

if the developers add something called "fair battle" then . . . 

oh wait, that impossible for this game :cap_haloween:

43 posts
11,713 battles

right. random battles.. what should i expect.. :fish_cute_2:

@kentanghalla I'm not complaining about radar. It's the matchmaking that's retarded. Radar works fine as a balancer for high tier cruiser imo. As long as both team has the ability to take advantage of it fairly. Radar is a counter for smoke and hidden destroyers, but the only counter for radar is being aware of where the radar ships are. That's impossible to do in this game because literally half the enemy ships have them. That's retarded matchmaking. Again, not complaining about radars being OP. Should've been clear in the title. "Balance radar mm pls". Sorry about that.

@MikuChrome Yeah mirror MM isn't gonna completely fix it. But literally half the enemy team has radar and the 1 Atlanta on my team. That's a bad game.

414 posts
9,265 battles

However, keep in mind that even team that consist of 3 Ibukis+2 DD vs 3 Baltimores+2 DD, the Ibuki team still can win by outplaying the Baltimores. Radar wont last long.

p.s. : that is a bad MM i would say

43 posts
11,713 battles

In domination mode(better with radar), an island filled map(better with radar and baltimores) and random battles.. I'd value personal carry potential rather than hoping the team not being bad.. :fish_cute_2:

yes bad MM, bad game, this game isn't perfect.

Edited by csoo54

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Someone has to fix the CV gameplay rather

Because I understand it's pointless to have AA consumable on US Cruisers since the chances of seeing CV in the battle is mostly zero to rarely 1

PS: Don't ask for perfect. Ask for improvement.

MM wasn't even declared as perfect. It's always improved MM system.

Edited by Mingfang47

43 posts
11,713 battles

I'm just pointing out that in this particular game, my team had only 1 radar and literally half the enemy team has radar which made it impossible for us DDs to cap.

That's the problem. Why is this turning into a balance discussion on CV and whatnot.

Dear WG, this game is not perfect and it never will be I know, at least fix this aspect about the MM. :fish_cute_2:

Sign in to follow this