Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

The only thing that this ranked season has proved is how overpowered battleships are

20 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Firing in smoke: raise spotter plane and delete
In the ocean: one click and your gone.

Behind island, who cares, SEA Meta is 20km sniping boi. Not even Cleveland shell arc can compete with us
DD, oh BBs shells counter DD now. 
CV, what is CV ?
Game is fair and balance

Edited by silenthunter19944

213 posts
4,335 battles

Yes... in terms of killing things, but they don't decided the game.  In fact if you're in a game with too many BBs and the other classes all die (happens quite often this season) it ends up as an indecisive slog fest.

In terms of influence - CVs, DDs, & Leander & Perth decide the game.

The problem with the balance is that the reward system is not inline with actual contribution to victory.

(This isn't to say BBs can't influence the game - they can; by killling the other classes).

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
Just now, Skarhabek said:

buff CV and nerf USN BB AA. we will see decreasing number of BB....

btw,  must admit WG really buff CV economy. its so nice no credit minus on Shokaku

Yeah, right, soooooooo relevant.

This season's rank is T6 only and none of the T6 BBs I known of have strong enough AA to deal crippling damages to squadrons unless one really heavily invested in AA spec.

Spoiler

Oops... I forgot this is a shark bait and I fell for it once again...

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

:facepalm_intensifies:

Again:

(1) If you find BBs OP, just play BB for easy success.

(2) If you were deleted in a cruiser by BB salvo, then rethink about your positioning choices.

(3) All T6 BBs are practically defenseless against CVs (may be New Mex / Bayern is a little exception, still they are not that much powerful).

BBs are mean't to be long lasting, being able to take a lot of pounding, deal massive damage over longer period of time. They can do 12k with 1 shell, but that is not a metric of being OP. At the same time, cruisers are agile and they do damage in short bursts but cannot withstand prolonged engagement with anything bigger than a desrtoyer. Most T6 BBs are pretty balanced and proven over a very long period of time without any changes at all. So I don't agree.

1,105 posts
Just now, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Yeah, right, soooooooo relevant.

This season's rank is T6 only and none of the T6 BBs I known of have strong enough AA to deal crippling damages to squadrons unless one really heavily invested in AA spec.

Hide contents

Oops... I forgot this is a shark

i am forgot Texas is actually T5 :v

and i should say cleveland and la glass need AA nerf instead :V they are too strong for CV

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

:facepalm_intensifies:

Again:

(1) If you find BBs OP, just play BB for easy success.

(2) If you were deleted in a cruiser by BB salvo, then rethink about your positioning choices.

(3) All T6 BBs are practically defenseless against CVs (may be New Mex / Bayern is a little exception, still they are not that much powerful).

BBs are mean't to be long lasting, being able to take a lot of pounding, deal massive damage over longer period of time. They can do 12k with 1 shell, but that is not a metric of being OP. At the same time, cruisers are agile and they do damage in short bursts but cannot withstand prolonged engagement with anything bigger than a desrtoyer. Most T6 BBs are pretty balanced and proven over a very long period of time without any changes at all. So I don't agree.

actually, the bayern is very powerful when specced for AA

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
1 hour ago, silenthunter19944 said:

Firing in smoke: raise spotter plane and delete
In the ocean: one click and your gone.

Behind island, who cares, SEA Meta is 20km sniping boi. Not even Cleveland shell arc can compete with us
DD, oh BBs shells counter DD now. 
CV, what is CV ?
Game is fair and balance

T6 is the high point of BBs before T10 and CA/CL/DDs at the tier arnt very good, it to be expected that this season is a BB heavy meta

1,482 posts

:Smile_facepalm:

Here we go with another anti battleship rant post.....

why are players looking to throw salt around so much these days???

1. BB fires over long distances, Get over it.

2. BB are large ships, that can withstand a lot of punishment, & in the hands of a good player, they can last longer. Get over it.

3. BB have secondary guns, DESIGNED to counter DD to some extent, & yes we also have HE to try & protect ourselves from the massive damage that DD & cruiser torpedoes do. Get over it.

4. BB does have AA as well (except for lower tiers, they have very little to none) to try & protect ourselves from aircraft. Its not just a cruiser spec.It doesn't always work, but there we go. Get over it.

if you don't like BB,  then play a different game, because we are here to stay, just like DD , CV, & CA/CL.

SO GET OVER IT !

Ordrazz

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts
25 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Here we go with another anti battleship rant post.....

why are players looking to throw salt around so much these days???

1. BB fires over long distances, Get over it.

2. BB are large ships, that can withstand a lot of punishment, & in the hands of a good player, they can last longer. Get over it.

3. BB have secondary guns, DESIGNED to counter DD to some extent, & yes we also have HE to try & protect ourselves from the massive damage that DD & cruiser torpedoes do. Get over it.

4. BB does have AA as well (except for lower tiers, they have very little to none) to try & protect ourselves from aircraft. Its not just a cruiser spec.It doesn't always work, but there we go. Get over it.

if you don't like BB,  then play a different game, because we are here to stay, just like DD , CV, & CA/CL.

SO GET OVER IT !

Ordrazz

Well said.

+1

To OP - Deal with it.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

I enjoy BB's in general, but yea am seeing heavy BB teams as they seem to be the meta this ranked season, and it certainly seems who plays them best wins, which kinda means best players win and isn't that how it should be?

I have had losses where I didn't lose a Star and am playing the Perth so fair to say our team sucked :)  Cruisers are full pain in the game atm, beats me how you peeps do it without smoke, skill or some such hack I guess :)

The good thing is that ALOT of the BB's seem to have come direct from world of tanks, did you know they stand still to shoot!!! PLUS they make the ship go backwards, while full broadside on to our entire fleet!!! God bless world of tanks, it IS good for something :)

BB's are flammable at least and a lot of other BB's load HE and go to the BBQ, at long range that seems to work well. 

Perth needs buffs, longer range guns, speed boost, better AA, some armor, any dam armor really speaking :)

1,482 posts
2 minutes ago, Soloun said:

Perth needs buffs, longer range guns, speed boost, better AA, some armor, any dam armor really speaking :)

Well, most of the upgrades you seek are available......

Its called a "Battleship"

more armour, longer range guns, more AA... Everything you want (except for the speed lol)

ship designers found out long ago, that you can only fit so much into a cruiser hull before you need to increase size :Smile_child:

Ordrazz

[APS]
80 posts
6,404 battles

Capping first without loss is a huge advantage. Sets you up to defend. DDs and CLs are the ones who do that.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

Wait until you have that good buddy player who will non stop spam you with HE getting fires galore while kiting like his life depends on it, they can be nearly impossible to hit. Also good DD players who survive and get the upper hand will decimate a BB heavy team. There are some hard counters to BB's even at T6 it all depends on whether you have the skill to play the ships to the level required to be that counter.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

BBs Overpowered the Ranked Meta 

while the DD become the Underdog that do anything for the team to win with highest risk along with CV

and CA play more BB-like and rarely able to cover DD at the frontline

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

I've played a lot of Warspite as well as some DD play in Shino and Anshan this season.  Taking it slow, currently R6 after 60-70 battles.

I am usually the first to argue that BB's are overpowered - but in the context of this ranked season they really aren't.  The reason I say this is because DD's have a much greater influence on the outcome of the game than a BB.  A good DD player will win you games far more than a good BB player.

However, the meta is clearly a BB meta this season.  There are always 3-4 (usually 4) BB's per team (the cap is 4).  Why is this if BB's have less of an effect than DD's on the win? The main reason is that even though a well played BB won't win games for you that much - a poorly played BB won't lose games for you that much either.  BB's are so forgiving occasional poor play really isn't punished - hence you can maintain an average win rate.

Play poorly in a DD however and your team is heading straight for a loss.  Even a mistake in one game out of every 3 or so will mean that you're going nowhere in ranked in your DD.  BB's are everywhere, and nothing punishes a mistake like 40 BB shells flying at you within seconds of being spotted out of position when it only takes 4 reg pens to kill you.  Play your DD consistently well and you'll be moving up the ranks nicely in comparison to an equally well played BB however.

307 posts
6,412 battles
9 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I've played a lot of Warspite as well as some DD play in Shino and Anshan this season.  Taking it slow, currently R6 after 60-70 battles.

I am usually the first to argue that BB's are overpowered - but in the context of this ranked season they really aren't.  The reason I say this is because DD's have a much greater influence on the outcome of the game than a BB.  A good DD player will win you games far more than a good BB player.

However, the meta is clearly a BB meta this season.  There are always 3-4 (usually 4) BB's per team (the cap is 4).  Why is this if BB's have less of an effect than DD's on the win? The main reason is that even though a well played BB won't win games for you that much - a poorly played BB won't lose games for you that much either.  BB's are so forgiving occasional poor play really isn't punished - hence you can maintain an average win rate.

Play poorly in a DD however and your team is heading straight for a loss.  Even a mistake in one game out of every 3 or so will mean that you're going nowhere in ranked in your DD.  BB's are everywhere, and nothing punishes a mistake like 40 BB shells flying at you within seconds of being spotted out of position when it only takes 4 reg pens to kill you.  Play your DD consistently well and you'll be moving up the ranks nicely in comparison to an equally well played BB however.

Exactly....hit the nail on the head.   However if you have two DD on each side the side with the Fubuki loses in most cases as its always the first sunk...or it's never seen in a cap zone...torp spamming and hiding in the corners.   Any other DD can win you the game.

207 posts
8,178 battles
17 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

and i should say cleveland and la glass need AA nerf instead :V they are too strong for CV

ooooo more nerf to cleveland .... :cap_wander:
nerfing the ship who is already got nerf by WG... 

154 posts
3,359 battles
13 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Exactly. DD's have proven to be far more pivotal than many realise. Especially in a game with 2 on each team. If you lose both yours to none of theirs, it's game over.

No matter how OP people think your BB is, if the odds are against you, even a competent BB player will go under pretty quickly. 

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles
36 minutes ago, ArtickWarspite said:

Exactly. DD's have proven to be far more pivotal than many realise. Especially in a game with 2 on each team. If you lose both yours to none of theirs, it's game over.

No matter how OP people think your BB is, if the odds are against you, even a competent BB player will go under pretty quickly. 

I've had exactly 1 battle this season where this wasn't the case, we lost 2 dds to none early, but pulled it back with some never-say-die determination (and the enemy team definitely got cocky). 90% of the time, you're absolutely right though.

Sign in to follow this