Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Have you ever got stuck?

18 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

Have you guys ever got stuck into the island? You graze the island and suddenly you can't get your ship free whether you throttle forward or reverse. You end up stuck there for the rest of the battle and at the mercy of enemy bombers.

753 posts
8,965 battles

The trick to escape is to wait until your rudder is fully in the direction you want to go and then reverse, then wait until your rudder is fully in the opposite direction and go forward.

Most people panic and try to forward/reverse while their rudder is still moving resulting in you getting nowhere. 

440 posts
3,379 battles

IIRC someone said in notser's video where he got stuck to just reverse in the same direction, kinda like backtracking

1,125 posts

if you hit island bow or stern, is very easy and simple to back out.

but when ship turn at high speed, there's is a drifting effect which may cause ship broadside to slam into parallel position with shoreline 

if that happen, there's good chance that you'll gonna stuck.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Just keep wasd when you are stuck. The ship will show slide movements sooner or later. You can almost always get free within 30 seconds.

If not you will have to ask a friendly ship to nudge you.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Just keep wasd when you are stuck. The ship will show slide movements sooner or later. You can almost always get free within 30 seconds.

If not you will have to ask a friendly ship to nudge you.

last time i asked my div mates to do that he just decided to fire torps and scuttle me for luls, i got free before the torps could hit:Smile_trollface:

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

A couple times I got stuck (almost) when I tried to turn but hit the island with the side of the ship.

Try different rudder positions, forward and reverse.

Eventually, I always got free... or shot.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,323 battles
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I got stuck the other day, the enemy team helped me get unstuck :Smile_teethhappy:

Ordrazz

i got stuck in my hood a couple of days ago the enemy team help me too by blowing me up :Smile_teethhappy:  

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
On 7/16/2017 at 7:48 PM, icy_phoenix said:

You don't need any. When your wifus get stuck, you go down with them.

o7 Going down on with my Waifu

412 posts
9,228 battles

There are few island that has weird hitboxes somehow.....

Doesn't show as shallow water, but my ship still stucked =w=

But then again as @drakon233 said, you need to git gud at hugging island. I still need to git gud because I often get stucked to oneshot-17_06.20_08_36.32-0935.thumb.jpg.7e30a246e655e9af71fb50eab13c0ff4.jpg

163 posts
7,901 battles

I have done Ace Venturas (ala Pet Detective) "Like a Glove" parking maneuver quite a few times into a slot that you could not normally sail into.  More times in a DD, few times in cruisers, and once in Gneisenau while trying to dodge torps.  You are bricked for the match afterwards no way out.  Many of these spots have subsequently been fixed with map updates.

I would have preferred a flag for doing this incredible drift into land rather than being focus fired but hey :-)

Sign in to follow this