Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

RDF vs Concealment Expert vs Manual AA on Algerie

45 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

finally got the 10pts commander skill, i am planning to stay at T7 wih Algerie. this ship is so good but lacking in some aspect. its fragile (not as fragile as La Glass), its AA are crap, and have a bad turning speed and radius making it hard to dodge torpedo. so here is the question :

1. do Manual AA turn an average AA ship into AA monster? i have already have 6km AA range.

2. do DD afraid of RDF? since it can located them and making its hard to ninja torp a CA.

3. concealment expert? worth it? since i am firing from max range 15km~18km

anyone have French CA? or anyone have RDF? can someone explain how usefull is RDF??

~Algerie Best Ship, there is a bench to enjoy sunbathing.

its food are good and there is a spa inside the ship :V

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

i laughed when i saw RDF, i 100% agree with euro, "nooblord"

anyways the only T4 skill worth it for frenchies is CE, everything else is trash

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
11 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

It depends on player. CatOnBoard uses RDF on most of his cruisers. He is definitely not a nooblord.

i meant for the algere, at T7 unless you have a shit ton of free captain XP you'd have at most a 15 point captain, and there are far better things to invert in in lower tier skills, if you have a 19pt captain and you feel like getting it, i dont see why not, the HI-V has enough speed to run down DDs anyways, but not the algerie

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles
9 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i meant for the algere, at T7 unless you have a shit ton of free captain XP you'd have at most a 15 point captain, and there are far better things to invert in in lower tier skills, if you have a 19pt captain and you feel like getting it, i dont see why not, the HI-V has enough speed to run down DDs anyways, but not the algerie

I think he is grinding the line, that means taking the captain upwards along with the grind. But yes, CE is a lot more important.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think he is grinding the line, that means taking the captain upwards along with the grind. But yes, CE is a lot more important.

he asked for the algerie, *shurgs*

1,496 posts
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

I thought we were only supposed to refer to the ship as Henri 4, or Henri IV cause of rules? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
26 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I thought we were only supposed to refer to the ship as Henri 4, or Henri IV cause of rules? :Smile_trollface:

as long as you put the - in the middle it's fine

1,496 posts

The  dvinyls sang a song once, called "its a fine line between pleasure & pain" lol... Meaning that it's splitting the hair mighty fine....:Smile_trollface:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

The  dvinyls sang a song once, called "its a fine line between pleasure & pain" lol... Meaning that it's splitting the hair mighty fine....:Smile_trollface:

eh, the asian forums is about as strict and weird as #bestkorea, so there's that

1,496 posts

You never know... Da dump, da dump. Da da da da da da...you know how the jaws theme goes? :Smile_teethhappy:

Got to be mindful of what we say

283 posts
3,591 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

You never know... Da dump, da dump. Da da da da da da...you know how the jaws theme goes? :Smile_teethhappy:

Got to be mindful of what we say

indeed! but then again, I am careless :fish_palm::fish_glass:

435 posts
6,169 battles

Why CE? For one reason, once you stop firing in 20s you can disappear and save yourself. Only when you get “Repair Party” (IX) is when you can consider dropping CE for a different play style.

1,105 posts

well, its look like i am gonna take RDF instead

3 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Why CE? For one reason, once you stop firing in 20s you can disappear and save yourself. Only when you get “Repair Party” (IX) is when you can consider dropping CE for a different play style.

:cap_wander_2: This WORK!

17 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

i dont have credit to buy Taiho, Charles Martel or the FDK. i am planning to stay at this ship for a while until i got a credit to buy em all. btw thanks for advice bro. i will take it later... 

14 hours ago, ReNation said:

Air Superiority Ofc.

most suitable for @Skarhabek's Frenchies

the troll start here, btw, i took AFT for my CV. Shokaku secondary are crap againts T8 DD or CA.

18 hours ago, drakon233 said:

i laughed when i saw RDF, i 100% agree with euro, "nooblord"

anyways the only T4 skill worth it for frenchies is CE, everything else is trash

i am emperornoob. u gonna see a located instead now

435 posts
6,169 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

I still think that any ship which is not a BB (or CV) must take CE as early as possible. CE is a must on any ship that cannot withstand prolonged engagement. At least that's how I play.

Consider removing CE from the Zao, stock is already at 12.6km, this is still very deadly and a workable range (12 to 18km) to drift in and out of concealment. Since the gun flash/blast is now visible at maximum range (no stealth firing), there no justification for concealment anymore (4 pts).

Edited by BuckleUpBones

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

a squishy long range cruiser and take RDF? are you trolling? lol

let him be, i dont meet him anyways since i mostly play T7s, and if he actually managed to get up to T8 with a RDF charles.... well more food for me, i dont mind

1,354 posts
8,881 battles

Hey it could work!

Psychological warfare. The enemy DD sees "Located!" and they go "Oh noes there is a DD near me" and plays more cautiously but actually it was Sharkbait in his Algerie... :cap_haloween:

1,105 posts
Just now, Thyaliad said:

Hey it could work!

Psychological warfare. The enemy DD sees "Located!" and they go "Oh noes there is a DD near me" and plays more cautiously but actually it was Sharkbait in his Algerie... :cap_haloween:

oh so RDF is so good on DD, i am thinking if it could be good on Bismarck. DD should be more cautios if there is an Atlanta or Belfast in my team, so it will run instead of capping.

3 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

a squishy long range cruiser and take RDF? are you trolling? lol

Algerie have a bad turning, its so hard to dodge torp from unexpected place. i thought it could be usefull...

Just now, MatterCore said:

RDF no, 100%no

CE yes, very useful

MAA unless U are Demon

do MAA work on low AA ship? Algerie AA is not good. if i have MAA, can it command the catapult fighter to chase enemy bomber? i see a Bismarck catapult fighter (my friend have MAA) intercepting the bomber. when i launch the catapult fighter on my own.... it did nothing -_-

Just now, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

when you have played this game for a long time and you improve your awareness...you'll see that RDF/RL is just a waste of skill points .

i am playing CV most of the time, so it need more 500 match in CA to get he experience.

Sign in to follow this