You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

Tips for the Oggy?

9 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Unable to deal much damage with the guns, keep getting hit by enemy shells and I feel worse than when I am in IJN DDs. Any tips to become better git gud in the Ognevoi?

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

First prioritize on caps. Use torps against larger ships trying to push against you. Don't engage a free enemy. Always engage someone who is already busy dealing with one of your team mates. Smoke camp only when facing multiple targets close by.

Recommended captain skills: PT, LS, SE, CE, AFT, BFT/DE, AR.

1,338 posts
8,823 battles

It has been quite some time since I played it. But I remember getting more success when I played it like an IJN torpedo boat, except with worse concealment and better guns.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,066 battles

Play it more like a torpedo boat.

And it will be more like it since in the next update, Ognevoi's torp reload gets buffed. 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, EJL said:

Play it more like a torpedo boat.

And it will be more like it since in the next update, Ognevoi's torp reload gets buffed. 

About time! I have the new ognevoi sitting on my port since the last patch DD line split. Its hard to pick Ognevoi when you have a Benson, Lo Yang and Harekaze on your port tho.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,066 battles
40 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Its hard to pick Ognevoi when you have a Benson, Lo Yang and Harekaze on your port tho.

I only have the Ognevoi (in my other account), but yeah, I'll probably take the Benson or the Lo Yang if I had them, as they're more versatile for me.