You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dire_Venom

Khabarosk, what is this thing???

55 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,553 battles

So to finish up for the night I decided to play a relaxing game in my bismark (manual secondary build). 

But boy, was it anything but relaxing. I went one side of the map by myself and came across a ship I'd never seen before, a Khabarosk.

A tier 10 DD with 22k+ hp you say? Shouldnt you be a cruiser:? He then procedes to close WITHIN 9km range and begin doing 2-3k salvos every few seconds on my Bismark :o (both of us alone at this point) Thus my secondaries open up.... but most do little to no damage or miss entirely. To hit with my main shells I have to lead well off into the distance, however I manage to hit it with about 25% of my shots per volly... some BOUNCE.... and the rest all overpen for 970 damage -_-

I dodge all his torp spreads and try to angle, but within a minute he procedes to 1v1 and completely annihilate me.

Now, Im not complaining (well I am) but how can a destroyer 1v1 a manual secondry built Bismark without hitting any torps while staying within 8-9km the whole engagement (secondary range 10.6km)?? He didnt even try to dodge my shots and sailed Broadside 0_o

He dealt 47k from HE and 27k from fires to my 64.4k hp Bismark, and I delt 18k damage to him (all overpens scatterd across his ship). Secondaries fired 570 times, hardly dealing ak or so of damage -_-

Any advice:? How do I deal with this little moster that bounces my shells, always overpens and is immune to my secondaries (and hits as hard as a battleships he)?

I just looked up its stats as well, 8 guns (5 second reload), with DE gives a 10% fire chance per bullet, 1.6 rounds per second, and about 1 fire every 6-7 seconds O_o...... I dont know if its just me but this thing seems OP as hell, the guy playing it apologized to me as well after the match :,( Also a STOCK base speed of 43 Knonts, which goes up to 49 O_o......

On stats, Highest average damage of a tier 10 destroyer, highest base xp average, highest K/D, highest win rate of all the tier 10 destroyers -_- Why is this 'thing' (never built) allowed to exsist when it is superior in most aspects to all other t10 destroyers?

Edited by Dire_Venom

1,105 posts

its like use Emil Bertin to sunk konig and new york or texas...... the BB captain must wonder how a T5 cruiser rekt a BB...

its called kiting bro, that is why they nerfing the khabarovsk..... dis DD is the real solo warrior

112 posts
1,553 battles
10 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

its like use Emil Bertin to sunk konig and new york or texas...... the BB captain must wonder how a T5 cruiser rekt a BB...

its called kiting bro, that is why they nerfing the khabarovsk..... dis DD is the real solo warrior

He didnt kite, he sailed in a straight line :P He even said so in chat XD Having a 25% hit rate vs a DD is quite resonable for a BB vs DD, is there anything I did wrong? How could I beat a khabourisk in a 1v1 if I came up against it in a Brismark in the future:? How can I deal damage to it when every hit I made on it (broadsie) bounced or overpeneed:? I dodged all his torps as well, it does have 50mm side armour which would result in my secondaries all shattering vs it as well.

Thanks!

Edited by Dire_Venom

283 posts
3,565 battles

to answer your question, hit his citadel :P

jokes aside, khabas are the fastest ship in the game and are recently being nerfed with their torpedo range and stuff but the Khabarovsk is one of the most OP ships in the game along side saipan, Kutuzov and.....wait no still not equal to Belfast. The only way to counter a khaba is via reading this forum thread:
https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/66580-how-to-fight-vs-khabarovsk/

I learnt a lot from this post, very informative as the OP was having the same problems you were having and asked a lot of good question

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Khabab is literally IS 3

While you are just A Slow King Tiger

Go figure

I even have a big problem fighting him in Mogami in 5 km engagement

(Some of my IFHE is not even penetrating, what kind of bullfreak is this?!)

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
46 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Khabab is literally IS 3

While you are just A Slow King Tiger

Go figure

I even have a big problem fighting him in Mogami in 5 km engagement

(Some of my IFHE is not even penetrating, what kind of bullfreak is this?!)

its because 50mm armor on a DD. better than most Bow and Aft of CAs.

[PST]
6 posts
5,605 battles

hello

its me who sunk you before

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Yakdd6HDG-RldvZ3NWeFZlbEU/view?usp=drivesdk

im using tanky build which use survivability expert and superintendent with repair party (those heal on battleship) thats why i have 26k HP and can heal even tho your secondaries did nothing to me

and im using speed boost mod upgrade so i have 3 min of engine boost ... reason why i didnt dodge ur shell is to keep my speed as fast as posible (47.8 knots is maximum with engine boost and flag ). and my rudder shift is horibly bad at 7-9s rudder shift time... so no point to dodging... also im confident with my side armor which resist a 152mm shell even a 203mm didnt do high damage to it 

to prove it i have a video for you

about fire chance im using both flag which increase the fire chance by 1% and a demolition expert 2% so yes you will strugle on fire with it...

tbh BB shell is most hurt for khaba side armor because AP will deal regular pen than overpen (even tho overpen will deal lot too ) but because your gun is 380mm so your alpha damage is low and didnt get high damage to me.. also you kinda need aim more if you saw khaba using engine boost ( by looking on her engine smoke )

and last 

dont try to 1v1 against khaba even you are a cruiser.. its okay if u have somebody to help kill her

[PST]
6 posts
5,605 battles

oh and 152mm with IFHE can penetrate it... 

ive tried it when i met yuro i khaba and im using kutuzov

you can see on his vid on bussian rias (that part 7 ) on last minute when he got hard hit and heal up

1,105 posts
Just now, Dire_Venom said:

He didnt kite, he sailed in a straight line :P He even said so in chat XD Having a 25% hit rate vs a DD is quite resonable for a BB vs DD, is there anything I did wrong? How could I beat a khabourisk in a 1v1 if I came up against it in a Brismark in the future:? How can I deal damage to it when every hit I made on it (broadsie) bounced or overpeneed:? I dodged all his torps as well, it does have 50mm side armour which would result in my secondaries all shattering vs it as well.

Thanks!

not only Khabarovsk, Bismarck is struggle againts other T9~T10 DD (torp soup plus bad dispersion). the best thing you should do is stick with the fleet (lead the move and tanking), also EQUIP superintendent and premium Repair party for EZ dreadnought. 1 repair party is more usefull than -15 sec fire.

btw, what i mean is facing Khaba is like facing Emil bertin in USN BB or KM BB. Emil will win :V

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

not only Khabarovsk, Bismarck is struggle againts other T9~T10 DD (torp soup plus bad dispersion). the best thing you should do is stick with the fleet (lead the move and tanking), also EQUIP superintendent and premium Repair party for EZ dreadnought. 1 repair party is more usefull than -15 sec fire.

btw, what i mean is facing Khaba is like facing Emil bertin in USN BB or KM BB. Emil will win :V

then the koieng and NY that lost a gun duel to a emil are shit

381 posts
9,957 battles

Am I the only one who struggles to see the OPness of Khabarovsk...

- It has great speed but the turn radius is terrible. If the opponent knows to lead a little more than usual then you still get hit frequently .

- 50mm plating is a double-edged sword: you either bounce shells or eat normal penetrations which hurt a lot. 

- 9,7km concealment with normal build so you will get outspotted by many cruisers and cannot contribute to capping most of the time. Even worse if the enemy team has more DD - your team are automatically behind in terms of cap points at the beginning.

- 13,5km range is too short to reach backline BB on open maps without getting shot at by cruisers.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I'm kinda surprised that there are people with 120k+ average damage in this ship. The only strength I see so far is the monstrous DPM if you are allowed to shoot without disturbance - kinda like a Minotaur or Des Moines but I would take these two cruisers over the Khaba any time. Kinda agree with @icy_phoenix that Khabarovsk is a waste of DD slot.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
5 hours ago, D0MA said:

Well done. Salute you Sir..Forum is much healthier with peeps like you around. V Informative and sporting.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
13 hours ago, Safiuddin97 said:

its because 50mm armor on a DD. better than most Bow and Aft of CAs.

gosh dang it WG!

112 posts
1,553 battles
13 hours ago, D0MA said:

hello

its me who sunk you before

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Yakdd6HDG-RldvZ3NWeFZlbEU/view?usp=drivesdk

im using tanky build which use survivability expert and superintendent with repair party (those heal on battleship) thats why i have 26k HP and can heal even tho your secondaries did nothing to me

and im using speed boost mod upgrade so i have 3 min of engine boost ... reason why i didnt dodge ur shell is to keep my speed as fast as posible (47.8 knots is maximum with engine boost and flag ). and my rudder shift is horibly bad at 7-9s rudder shift time... so no point to dodging... also im confident with my side armor which resist a 152mm shell even a 203mm didnt do high damage to it 

to prove it i have a video for you

about fire chance im using both flag which increase the fire chance by 1% and a demolition expert 2% so yes you will strugle on fire with it...

tbh BB shell is most hurt for khaba side armor because AP will deal regular pen than overpen (even tho overpen will deal lot too ) but because your gun is 380mm so your alpha damage is low and didnt get high damage to me.. also you kinda need aim more if you saw khaba using engine boost ( by looking on her engine smoke )

and last 

dont try to 1v1 against khaba even you are a cruiser.. its okay if u have somebody to help kill her

That videos pretty halirous XD Thanks for posting! I really appreciated all the information you gave me, maybe sometimes in the next 20 years Ill get to kill one :3

It seems like a tremendously fun ship to drive, but a frustrating one to fight :P

283 posts
3,565 battles

Khabarovsk may be able to eliminate ships but it cannot contribute to the real objective, it just simply cant play the objective. From the 60 or so matches I have had at tier 8 and above, the caps are hotly contested by usually 1 dd, 2-3 cruisers and a battleship or two behind so if the Khabarovsk comes round from behind the island 5-6 kilometers from your squad then your cruisers should be able to quickly whittle him down within two minutes and he is no longer a threat to your team, the only thing a Khabarovsk can  do to support the objective is provide fire-support to his/her team that is trying to take a cap, the IJN dd's can sneak around and provide area denial torpedoes and limit the enemy teams movements, a USN dd can provide smoke to conceal his team or teammate when they are retreating and a KM dd can provide hydro to protect the team against torpedoes and spot destroyers or ship hiding in smoke while the VMF? sits at the back and spams HE and runs away when a cruiser gets near and the smoke is shite as well as the torpedoes so apart from guns, what can it offer? nothing. It is a ship that has to almost always reveal itself to get use and then it is available for cruisers and dd's to torpedo it!

Notser talked about it on one of his live streams and raised some good points

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, LunaStinger said:

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I'm kinda surprised that there are people with 120k+ average damage in this ship. The only strength I see so far is the monstrous DPM if you are allowed to shoot without disturbance - kinda like a Minotaur or Des Moines but I would take these two cruisers over the Khaba any time. Kinda agree with @icy_phoenix that Khabarovsk is a waste of DD slot.

I have tried playing objectively, and ignoring objectives totally. From playing objective, I barely do much damage, only around 60k which is not that great. Partly because if you are in range to shoot BBs, you are also in their effective range. No BB will miss a salvo on you regardless of your 48 kts speed (The ones who can actually play BB. I know cause I delete Khaba pretty regularly with Montana and stuff).

And if I ignore objective and pick places where they cannot focus me I get 120k+ easily, but usually doesn't contribute much to winning. Cause it is all just fire damage, if you can't kill something you just give him free fireproof medal.

Although I need to test more, just finished retraining my captain on last day of playing. Its a 19 pointer, so took a long time.

525 posts
7,946 battles

The only ship that can reliably beat a Khabarovsk is the Minotaur, she can literally ambush Khabarovsk with her low concealment

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
5 hours ago, Skooma said:

The only ship that can reliably beat a Khabarovsk is the Minotaur, she can literally ambush Khabarovsk with her low concealment

so can a montana and GK providing that the kaba dosnt smoke spam with someone spotting