You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

The Free XP Premium Ship Experiment

16 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

As far as I've known, Missouri a.k.a #63 was released as for WG to experiment whether players liked the idea of "buying" premium ships using Free XP.

Does anyone know whether WG is continuing to work with this idea, still assessing data or have abandoned it already. if they find this idea a good one, are there any ships that are planned to be released this way?

1,835 posts
8,065 battles
3 minutes ago, BottleneckedGaming said:

As far as I've known, Missouri a.k.a #63 was released as for WG to experiment whether players liked the idea of "buying" premium ships using Free XP.

Does anyone know whether WG is continuing to work with this idea, still assessing data or have abandoned it already. if they find this idea a good one, are there any ships that are planned to be released this way?

HMS Nelson, i doubt its either a Free XP researchable ship

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles
4 minutes ago, BottleneckedGaming said:

They have no plans for now regarding free exp super ships or anything similar.

Musashi is also one of the hottest candidate for a free exp ship

Concurrently, if the playerbase whine hard enough , a new free exp based ship will be put in

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles
20 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

top secret

I suspect she will have the original config (that extra 2 155m turrets and less AA).

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles
8 minutes ago, Alvin1020 said:

I suspect she will have the original config (that extra 2 155m turrets and less AA).

1944 for TX

1942 for T9

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles
Just now, Alvin1020 said:

Remember it will meet Tier 7s.

Musashi 1942 <<Yamato 1944

beside WG wont produce TX premium, best place is T9

with Musashi 1942, Haifuri collab can go further --> HSF Musashi

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles
2 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Musashi 1942 <<Yamato 1944

beside WG wont produce TX premium, best place is T9

with Musashi 1942, Haifuri collab can go further --> HSF Musashi

Nevertheless, the idea of having 18 inch gun in Tier 9 really bothers me.

Missouri was ok as it basically is a Iowa with Radar (Meh, Big deal), but Mushashi @Tier 9? No I do not want that to happen.

And there is no "Rule" in WG. WG said they won't touch Premiums. WG said we will have unified gold. WG said many things.

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles

fun fact if, only if Musashi come at T9

IJN BBs shal dominate at many tiers in term of biggest guns

T2 Mikasa

T4 Myogi

T5 Kongo

T6 Mutsu

T7 Nagato

T8 Amagi

T9 Musashi/ currently FDG

TX Yamato

Edited by MatterCore

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
17 minutes ago, Alvin1020 said:

Nevertheless, the idea of having 18 inch gun in Tier 9 really bothers me.

Missouri was ok as it basically is a Iowa with Radar (Meh, Big deal), but Mushashi @Tier 9? No I do not want that to happen.

And there is no "Rule" in WG. WG said they won't touch Premiums. WG said we will have unified gold. WG said many things.

I don't think 18 inches in T9 will matter that much. You are looking at 50-100 mm worth of extra penetration at further than 10km over the Izumo. The only ship that will really be screwed is the Myoko since her 32mm weather deck will be overmatched. The rest of the T7 ships will be overmatched and screwed by other T9 BBs anyway.

So, give the Musashi a "gimped" 1.7-1.9 sigma (from Yamato's 2.1) and 1.7 ROF (from Yamato's 2.0) and call it a day (plus the already crap AA and her familial glacial-slow turret traverse) then she might be balanced.

zhe1kS9.png

0nWpmlz.png

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

I am hoping for an HSF Musashi at Tier 9. That way WG can balance her by giving her worse AP shells or whatever they want since it is a semi-fictional ship. Can just say they are "training shells" or something.