Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

Idea to help CV against more powerful AA opponents

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
346 posts

Since AA is getting more and more powerful the more ships WG release, how about WG shuffle CVs around around and increase planes in hanger for some CVs?

IJN currently have

IV-honshou

V-zuihou

VI-ryujou

VII-hiryu

VIII-shokaku

IX-Taihou

X-Hakuyruu

Instead it could be

IV-honshou (24 planes)

V-zuihou (increase reserve to 35) (and loadout rework)

VI-ryujou (increase reserve to 55 planes)

VII-hiryu (72 planes)

VIII-shokaku (increase reserve to 84 planes)

IX-Taihou (increase reserve to 100)

X-Hakuyruu (increase reserve to 115)

USN currently have

IV-Langley

V-Bogue 

VI-Independence

VII-Ranger

VIII-Lexington

IX-Essex

X-Midway

Instead they could have

IV-Langley (30 planes)

V-Independence (37 planes) 

VI-Ranger (max plane capacity capped at 58 instead of 73)

VII-Lexington (78 planes) (and loadout rework)

VIII-Essex (90 planes) (and loadout rework)

IX-Ticonderoga (subclass of essex class) or USS Wasp (110 planes) (and loadout rework?)

X-Midway (136 planes) (and loadout rework?)

 

New premium: Bogue (tier 7 planes at tier 6 in 3 squads of 4 planes - planes are only one tier higher instead of 2 so that saipan disaster doesn't happen again)

USS Enterprise could receive 10 extra TBs and 10 extra DBs but no extra fighters on top of her 96 planes.

USS Saipan could receive a researchable 122 which would take pressure off opposing CV and give AA spec ships more planes to kill

 

IJN could feature - short rearming time with more squads but smaller squads and weaker planes than USN.

USN could feature - large size hangers with durable planes but long rearm times and smaller number of squadrons.

 

Larger hangars for both sides would allow CV players to last longer in +2 up tiered matches giving them a better chance of doing enough damage in that kind of bad situation to at least pay for repairs.

Edited by BravaZulu296

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,487 posts

I don't Iike this idea, CV already dominates the skies, & with enterprises new AP bombs, shops are in huge danger now....

the only change I would recommend is to reduce number of fighters in Japanese carriers, because 3 sets of fighters all out at once is ridiculous, esp if the opposing CV is US & is running 1 1 1,  & surface ships still don't get the idea about using AA to ACTUALLY HELP their own CV by targeting planes... Then when all my planes are dead, all they do is boss CV around, then go crook saying noob CV etc...

they need to equalise the planes, give the US CV more planes like an extra set of fighters, because you never know what the enemy CV is running until you are in game.

Ordrazz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

tier 7-8 shouldn't increase hanger anymore

Hakuryu should increase FT by 2 planes TB 3-4 planes and reduce DB 5 planes (233 mod) 100 planes is enough

Midway 113 should increase FT by 2 planes TB 2 planes and reduce DB by 4 planes or more choice 122 or 123 (IMO)

Ryujo don't increase any plane Independence should increase to 43 planes I really hate Indy 37 vs 48 planes

Hiryu should have TB tier 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts

F3 to AA ship and tell everyone to spam HE on that ship. a HE from battleship will rekt a lot of AA module.

also this is the only thing CV need :

 

1. nerf Manual AA skill by 50%, this skill is too strong....

2. revamp the evasive manuver, 75% bomber HP when DOING AUTO DROP (instead of when returning to carrier), increase dispersion of drop by 10%~20 instead of decreasing speed. so its chance of missing is high, but the plane survived.....

3.  decrease a lot dispersion of IJN DB when getting the panic shot AADF

4. DOGFIGHTING EXPERT BUFF, 20%~15% attack againts each tier different.... buffing the Kaga and enterprise PLUS INDIRECTLY NERFING THE OP SAIPAN. saipan will become good strafer instead of mindless rightclicking boss.....

5. when not enganging in dogfight fighter have 70% damage reduction againts AA SHIP

6. give Bogue 1/1/1 loadout strike, after that the strike loadout at least have 1 fighter

 

7. BUFF CV SECONDARY minimum of 5 km for T5 and below, and 6km for T6~T8, 8km for T9 and above.....

- Kaga Secondary should be 11km for AP and 7km for HE

- Graf Zeppelin have 8km secondary with 6 sec reload :V

 

running out of bomber bcos AA ship? well, lets the secondary talk :V

 

do this, and the CV will become more balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles

Nah I think CV's are doing fine now. High tier CV's are borderline OP compared to other classes anyway. One change I would like is that instead of giving particular ships massive AA while others are pretty much helpless against planes, AA power is a bit more balanced across all ships. This is one factor how high tier MM can put a huge disadvantage on one side if its a CV game and there are not enough AA screens on that side. Also makes fishing divisions using a CV and 2 high AA cruisers is too effective.This way CV's wont feel helpless against a team with 3-4 DM/mino while surface ships wont be forced to hug the aa monsters just to stay alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
2 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Nah I think CV's are doing fine now. High tier CV's are borderline OP compared to other classes anyway. One change I would like is that instead of giving particular ships massive AA while others are pretty much helpless against planes, AA power is a bit more balanced across all ships. This is one factor how high tier MM can put a huge disadvantage on one side if its a CV game and there are not enough AA screens on that side. Also makes fishing divisions using a CV and 2 high AA cruisers is too effective.This way CV's wont feel helpless against a team with 3-4 DM/mino while surface ships wont be forced to hug the aa monsters just to stay alive

Why dont i feel borderline OP all when playing as cv, all i get is moar and moar fishing AA party with an ever growing number of AADF that leave you frustratingly take up minute after minute of vectoring only to have it aborted at last moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles
7 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Why dont i feel borderline OP all when playing as cv, all i get is moar and moar fishing AA party with an ever growing number of AADF that leave you frustratingly take up minute after minute of vectoring only to have it aborted at last moment

i did talk about cv feeling helpless when they get fished by aa monsters. But in the absence of aa boats on enemy team a good cv can do massive damage and keep most of the enemy team spotted. I dont think its healthy for an entire class' performance to depend so highly on enemy and friendly ship lineup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,487 posts

Usually what I do when playing my CVS is I try & spot for our team, keep dds spotted if i can , & try to keep enemy out of caps or stifle pushes.

doesn't help when my own team refuses to help target enemy fighters for me, as I do when in my surface ships...

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
13 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

doesn't help when my own team refuses to help target enemy fighters for me, as I do when in my surface ships...

Reminds me of the time I sent my bombers to a friendly Neptune to take cover from enemy fighters, only to find she had turned off her AA for some inexplicable reason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
Just now, Thyaliad said:

Reminds me of the time I sent my bombers to a friendly Neptune to take cover from enemy fighters, only to find she had turned off her AA for some inexplicable reason...

lol he must have a grudge againts you, a friendly Des Meme turn of its AA when i send all bomber to kite the enemy fighter.... how do i know? the fighter of enemy CV not shotdown, its flying above the Des Meme. after that i rage quit CV and decided to spam HE on every AA ship......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
112 posts
1,553 battles

Changing the max loadouts doesnt do a lot when your faced with 40+second reloads for losing a squadren. In some cv's youd have to do absolutly terrible to run out of planes. The main issues for me is not knowing where the AA bubbles are or having a ship in smoke suddenly decimate my entire squadren in 2 seconds.

Being able to get an indication of where the dangerous AA bubblesare would help a lot, knowing the ships well doesnt do a lot since if a player builds for AA it completly changes the ship in most cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
5 hours ago, Dire_Venom said:

Changing the max loadouts doesnt do a lot when your faced with 40+second reloads for losing a squadren. In some cv's youd have to do absolutly terrible to run out of planes. The main issues for me is not knowing where the AA bubbles are or having a ship in smoke suddenly decimate my entire squadren in 2 seconds.

Being able to get an indication of where the dangerous AA bubblesare would help a lot, knowing the ships well doesnt do a lot since if a player builds for AA it completly changes the ship in most cases.

The only one that have no shortage of planes is Midway.Any other cv can be striped nake of their planes within reasonable amount of time.

40s reform time is not a big issue, it is only relevant on US squads who can take a whooping 2 minute to reform a lost squadron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles
19 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

The only one that have no shortage of planes is Midway.Any other cv can be striped nake of their planes within reasonable amount of time.

40s reform time is not a big issue, it is only relevant on US squads who can take a whooping 2 minute to reform a lost squadron

Specially the Independence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×