You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_224

Getting my strike squadrons shredded (ranked)

5 comments in this topic

118 posts
1,833 battles

I usually take my strike independence for ranked and I've noticed 2 things.

1.  Most carriers I've met are Ryujos.

2.  And they use the Air Superiority load out. 

Most of the time, when I try to sneak in my strike squadrons to snipe the enemy carrier, my poor strike planes get  strafed or just get killed by 3 fighter squadrons. 

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I do not mean this to be a rant thread.

118 posts
1,833 battles

Indy is the only tier 6 carrier I have . Other than that I only have a Hosho,which does not meet ranked criteria.

Another thing is that I might turn out to be  helpless if I am detected, since 1 DB squad is not enough to stop most ships.

Edited by Admiral_224

283 posts
3,587 battles

if you cant play the independence without losing planes like that, i would have to say stop playing the Indy, you will have to practice on random or co-op. When you lose your planes, you lose the match as I just saw on PTS when an as midway lost all of his planes to a Hakuryu and we lost the match because he Couldnt spot or protect us from the dive bombers and torpedo bombers, you cant take out a ship you are not confident in to a mode where winning is crucial and all things that can boost your chances are used

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I have no qualms about you using strike loadout in random battles but please don't use strike in ranked battle.

CV's job in ranked is not about anti-surface ships, CV's job in ranked is about spotting and providing support for your team.