Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mxx_iron

Ranked Battles

88 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

The reason why i haven't made it to Premier as you say, is that i haven't played one game in a Battleship.  You see BB's are the ones who "CAN" take no risks and only go forward once the "risk" takers have got on top of the zones.  if they don't the BB simply HE spam and get top spot so they do not lose a star.   I do not believe that the BB's win the games without getting close to the action or at least tank some of the damage.  If they sit 10kms from the zone they are simply playing for themselves and expect others to take control.   my W/R is good in ranked .... but it has its ups and downs.... you have a W/R similar to mine .... so in fact you are doing exactly how the game is made.   I am not bagging you for doing it, i merely pointing out that BB's in rank have an advantage based on camp meta.

Sorry, 5% difference is not "similar". Tanking in premier league is stupid and will likely cost your the team the win. If you can't figure out how to BB without sitting right next to the cap and throwing away all your hp for nothing then that's your problem.

 

1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

 

Yeah right...

so in your eyes, being a team player means sitting up the back, watching everyone sink while you do next to nothing....

& according to you I'm not a team player, because I get in & help team mates in trouble, push when seems appropriate, tank, & citadel enemies... & according to you, I'm screwing my team by doing so...

I never push willy nilly, I read the minimap, & I try to work out what I would do if I was the enemy as well, by where they spawn, their terrain etc

I don't believe I'm the one floating with the stars here...

I will let the others make up their own minds about your tactics, if you want to sit up the back, that's fine by me... If they agree with you, then thats ok too..

Enjoy your games

Ordrazz

Your win rate should tell you something about the effectiveness of your teamplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
248 posts

there is some truth to this. i can damage my way to saving a star,

and i can even stay at 5 doing the same thing.

but here's where the rubber meets the road. Is the BB dishing out damage??

THIS is the only thing that matters. I always start a game at range because that's smart.

with 4 bb's on the other team with spotter planes up and AP loaded you do not want to go charging into the centre.

After doing damage at range I generally plan a place to enter the zones and tank the finish.

At this point i'm trying to burn the bejesus out of everything around me.

I win many games playing this way, but the thing that doesn't work is when

people deal ZERO DAMAGE in the opening AP exchange, And then try to hide behind islands because they

received damage during the opening exchange. The main point here is DOING DAMAGE.

it makes the other BB's slow down. It makes cruisers turn away.

it turns the tide of the game. a BB's job is to DEAL DAMAGE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

Sorry, 5% difference is not "similar". Tanking in premier league is stupid and will likely cost your the team the win. If you can't figure out how to BB without sitting right next to the cap and throwing away all your hp for nothing then that's your problem.

 

Your win rate should tell you something about the effectiveness of your teamplay.

Wing.thumb.JPG.05c27745775f3a5cda3d6051e5fc5efe.JPGBurnt.thumb.JPG.ddfc641a4f815e067839c68a8543eb5e.JPG

Stats don't lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[1-ATF]
Beta Tester
908 posts
4,695 battles

Honestly, you don't tank damage right at the start. Not in Randoms and definitely not in Ranked. I play my Bismarck with full secondary build, but I don't rush the enemy. With 5 boats focusing on you, you'll die pretty fast. What I do is to stay at range where you can choose and switch to the best possible target.When the enemies split up a little, you lead your team to kill the isolated targets. If they all bunch up, fire HE until eventually they either split up or show broadside heading back towards their team.

 

In Ranked,

DDs Cap, counter cap and torp stuff

CAs DPM enemies that are "tanking"

BBs Punish mistakes made by the enemy

CVs Massive damage (Don't play CV in ranked if you can't strike well)

 

Edited by FishyPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
2 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

Sorry, 5% difference is not "similar". Tanking in premier league is stupid and will likely cost your the team the win. If you can't figure out how to BB without sitting right next to the cap and throwing away all your hp for nothing then that's your problem.

 

Your win rate should tell you something about the effectiveness of your teamplay.

Oh and here is PROOF that the Asia server camps more than EU.... got to level 15 in nine games ... one loss in which i got top score.

My rank stats shows two things;

1 better team play

2 I do not need to get as much experience to win games as the Battleships move up and tank more damage and as such share the experience more.

 

I think having nearly 90% W/R shows that I am very much a team player.

EU.thumb.JPG.da5614536ff1d5100d232d5dd95773f8.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,021
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,402 posts
26,328 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Oh and here is PROOF that the Asia server camps more than EU.... got to level 15 in nine games ... one loss in which i got top score.

My rank stats shows two things;

1 better team play

2 I do not need to get as much experience to win games as the Battleships move up and tank more damage and as such share the experience more.

 

I think having nearly 90% W/R shows that I am very much a team player.

EU.thumb.JPG.da5614536ff1d5100d232d5dd95773f8.JPG

 

are you seriously bragging about WR in T4?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
8 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

are you seriously bragging about WR in T4?

What T4 are you talking about ???? No i am pointing out a fact about Ranked battles in EU has better team play, these stats are not about my W/R and these are ranked stats not T4?

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Wing.thumb.JPG.05c27745775f3a5cda3d6051e5fc5efe.JPGBurnt.thumb.JPG.ddfc641a4f815e067839c68a8543eb5e.JPG

Stats don't lie.

How about you show the rest? Oh and fyi it's easier in lower ranks where you are.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
31 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Oh and here is PROOF that the Asia server camps more than EU.... got to level 15 in nine games ... one loss in which i got top score.

My rank stats shows two things;

1 better team play

2 I do not need to get as much experience to win games as the Battleships move up and tank more damage and as such share the experience more.

 

I think having nearly 90% W/R shows that I am very much a team player.

EU.thumb.JPG.da5614536ff1d5100d232d5dd95773f8.JPG

 

9 games. Are you trying to prove your a idiot who doesn't understand sample sizes?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
2 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

9 games. Are you trying to prove your a idiot who doesn't understand sample sizes?

just pointing out that EU does play better team play .... nothing to do with W/R.   These guys move up.  I wouldn't want you in my team as you would play for yourself, as you clearly stated.

Enough talking to selfish players ... End of rant.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

just pointing out that EU does play better team play .... nothing to do with W/R.   These guys move up.  I wouldn't want you in my team as you would play for yourself, as you clearly stated.

Enough talking to selfish players ... End of rant.

Alright then, keep sucking at the game and telling yourself that you play for the team and all hose people with higher win rates play selfishly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[OAKUM]
Member
2,107 posts
16,015 battles
2 hours ago, fuzzjunky said:

 

 

it turns the tide of the game. a BB's job is to DEAL DAMAGE.

Apparently it isn't.

a BB 's job is to sit at the back & camp, & watch your team mates die.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
2 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Apparently it isn't.

a BB 's job is to sit at the back & camp, & watch your team mates die.

Newsflash: BBs can do damage without pushing in and taking risks. This isn't the shit fest that is randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[OAKUM]
Member
2,107 posts
16,015 battles
7 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Newsflash: BBs can do damage without pushing in and taking risks. This isn't the shit fest that is randoms.

Yeah.... That's called "camping", & it's a play style that's viewed by most players as selfish, & generally unhelpful...

besides, you wouldn't want to scratch the paint on the biggest ship with the most hitpoints in the match, would you? :Smile_ohmy:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles

To everyone:

The point i was trying to make was the experience gained per game.  This lends to many things, spotting, capping, damage etc... and overall team play.

The stats i showed on the EU was highlighting i did not need to gain as much experience points as the "Team" shared the loads more.... sure its only 9 games but results speak for themselves.

Even in the Asia server the stats of experience needs to be higher as there is a LACK of team play or lets say CAMP/META ... IE Ships staying back and not trying to cap zones or tank damage etc... LACK of team play.

To get above 50% winrate on this server as a DD player you need to get higher XP rates per game.

 

The problem is everyone only looks at the Rank levels .... all the rest to most means nothing.

I know that it easier when a BB moves up with me.... it makes it dam hard if a BB is sitting 10kms behind me.

The Ranked game was supposed to encourage TEAM play .... and it does if ALL do it ... but it really does not lend to team play if you want to get to Premier League.... you need to camp more and be in a BB.  Then either get the top spot if you lose and get a star if you win.

I agree with Ordrazz.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles

I'm done arguing with people who think 9 games in the third league means their an expert in ranked.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[ANZNC]
Member
84 posts
8,817 battles

There's a lot more to Ranked than 3rd league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,021
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,402 posts
26,328 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Yeah.... That's called "camping", & it's a play style that's viewed by most players as selfish, & generally unhelpful...

besides, you wouldn't want to scratch the paint on the biggest ship with the most hitpoints in the match, would you? :Smile_ohmy:

 

 

1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

To everyone:

The point i was trying to make was the experience gained per game.  This lends to many things, spotting, capping, damage etc... and overall team play.

The stats i showed on the EU was highlighting i did not need to gain as much experience points as the "Team" shared the loads more.... sure its only 9 games but results speak for themselves.

Even in the Asia server the stats of experience needs to be higher as there is a LACK of team play or lets say CAMP/META ... IE Ships staying back and not trying to cap zones or tank damage etc... LACK of team play.

To get above 50% winrate on this server as a DD player you need to get higher XP rates per game.

 

The problem is everyone only looks at the Rank levels .... all the rest to most means nothing.

I know that it easier when a BB moves up with me.... it makes it dam hard if a BB is sitting 10kms behind me.

The Ranked game was supposed to encourage TEAM play .... and it does if ALL do it ... but it really does not lend to team play if you want to get to Premier League.... you need to camp more and be in a BB.  Then either get the top spot if you lose and get a star if you win.

I agree with Ordrazz.

you two really dont understand this season's meta do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
8 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

 

you two really dont understand this season's meta do you?

Clearly not...only what i see in different servers when i play.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Clearly not...only what i see in different servers when i play.

How about you shut up about Europe and talk about Asia where we play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

How about you shut up about Europe and talk about Asia where we play?

Yawn.... when you get your average experience up to 1400 per ranked game then i will respect the way you play ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,021
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,402 posts
26,328 battles
Just now, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Yawn.... when you get your average experience up to 1400 per ranked game then i will respect the way you play ;)

and not even the R1s that's already ranked out this season has 1400 avrage XP, not in T6 anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
330 posts
9,323 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

and not even the R1s that's already ranked out this season has 1400 avrage XP, not in T6 anyways

stop sticking up for your mate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,021
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,402 posts
26,328 battles
Just now, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

stop sticking up for your mate :)

1st, he's not my mate, i personally dont like how he trys to bring stats into everything

2nd, it's not sticking up, it's the objective truth, you dont like it? deal with it

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
12,306 battles
1 hour ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Yawn.... when you get your average experience up to 1400 per ranked game then i will respect the way you play ;)

Average exp includes flags and premium account so its very flawed. Also, you seriously want to use stats against someone with a 14% higher win rate?

1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

1st, he's not my mate, i personally dont like how he trys to bring stats into everything

2nd, it's not sticking up, it's the objective truth, you dont like it? deal with it

I bring stats in because people who say stupid shit are usually those with terrible stats and bringing up their stats helps to counter it by showing that the nonsense their spewing isn't working for them.

Edited by WongSongMing
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×