You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mxx_iron

Ranked Battles

88 comments in this topic

14 posts
13,857 battles

At present it is only tier 5-6 participating in ranked battles, which I enjoy. However, Ihad to go back and buy all my tire 6 ships again.

I would love to see battles that included: Tier 7-8 and 9-10. I have 2 tiers 10 ship and a number of 9s. I also love my tier 8s.  ANY CHANCE this could happen???

Just something to ponder.

440 posts
3,386 battles

Last season was tier 7, but that season was just belfast and premiums galore. This season is only tier 6, but who knows, maybe the next season will be tier 8's only or something else

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

Tier 8 was two seasons ago. It was a good but tough season.  lots of options from chappy radar to bismarck with the OP hydro at that time. 

Lots of smoke meta too. Kutzov was a choice ship for burning. 

[HMASW]
1,551 posts

I would like to see next ranked season as t7 or 6, but with no premiums allowed, then we would be able to see who is skilled or not, no scharnhorsts or polish dds, no Saipan's or Belfast's, or Loyang's,  No anything except for the regular tech tree ships... Could people handle it??

Ordrazz

440 posts
3,386 battles
21 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I would like to see next ranked season as t7 or 6, but with no premiums allowed, then we would be able to see who is skilled or not, no scharnhorsts or polish dds, no Saipan's or Belfast's, or Loyang's,  No anything except for the regular tech tree ships... Could people handle it??

Ordrazz

WG : "m-muh moniez...!"

112 posts
1,553 battles
On 7/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, PGM991 said:

tier 1 rank battle

oh~~~~ no smoke, no radar, no torpedo, no plane, all gun

if there's tier 1 RB, I wonder which country is strongest

Tier 2 Super league filled with Mikasas :D????? Now thats something I would like to see! 

On the whole this actualy sounds like a ton of fun. I havn't played tier 1-2 ships in about 7 months. Itd bea nice extra event they could chuck in with some unique rewards (also as a way to help new players rank up/get experiance)

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
25 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

Tier 2 Super league filled with Mikasas :D????? Now thats something I would like to see! 

On the whole this actualy sounds like a ton of fun. I havn't played tier 1-2 ships in about 7 months. Itd bea nice extra event they could chuck in with some unique rewards (also as a way to help new players rank up/get experiance)

rank 2, it's going to be aurora/albany/tachibana/smith CQC spam

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

T3 Konig Albert! Though imagine the capmbeltown asst that tier. St loius would be a beast at t3.

No tater cvs either! Derzki torp death runs vs the kawachi dispersion.

The Friant would actually be strong

[HMASW]
1,551 posts

I love my Konig Albert !

Also face to face point blank with Smith, & those single slow torpedoes.

& Mikasa battles yeah.

unless they make the rank battle for cruisers only, then it could get real intense.... Bring out my Oleg or Katori or Albany !

Ordrazz

218 posts
3,868 battles

I enjoyed ranked battles more than random. Maybe it's the smaller team, making teamwork easier. Maybe because everyone the same tier, so there's no top or bottom tier. For some reason, the battle feel's easier in ranked

Edited by Puteralanun

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
3 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

I enjoyed ranked battles more than random. Maybe it's the smaller team, making teamwork easier. Maybe because everyone the same tier, so there's no top or bottom tier. For some reason, the battle feel's easier in ranked

I enjoyed it too. But I wont say its easier. To me its much harder. Yup, I like it the same way you do, same tier smaller size. 1 problem tho the further you go the less player will be in it.

P/s : Way less player using bad word this season.. maybe they dont like getting bombarded by 11 report.

89 posts
6,550 battles

Ok i like Rank Battles but this season :Smile_sad: because like most people i had to buy back some of my ships & grind for 1 only to be let down. I think maybe 15 or so games in Rank & i have moved down to rank 14 from 15.

Now i play a lot in the day time here in Melbourne & when I tryed to talk to some one in game I get :Smile_amazed: no one can talk or say lets go to A or B What is a Captain to do. I know this is an Asia Server but this is a joke.

It is very frustrating talking to myself in game:cap_wander:. I asked a friend if we could go in to rank as division but NO, so it looks like a hard battle to rank 10 this season & to think 7 good tier 6 ships sitting in port 

going rusty & 3 are buy backs & 1 new BB.

I play a lot on the P.T game server & I get more talk out of that server & that`s Russian based. 

Come on every one Rank Battles are for 1: Fun 2: Team battles & talking to help each another 3: Winning the battle with helping each other. 

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,669 battles

Tier 6 is far better than 7 or 8 ATM as Radar ruins games IMO.

Having said that I do dislike the camp meta.

Was in a rank 9-11 match on the weekend and our Cleveland and Leander did nothing all game cept camp behind an island in smoke. I would be fine with this but they weren't even firing... ...

Edited by S4pp3R

307 posts
6,427 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Tier 6 is far better than 7 or 8 ATM as Radar ruins games IMO.

Having said that I do dislike the camp meta.

Was in a rank 9-11 match on the weekend and our Cleveland and Leander did nothing all game cept camp behind an island in smoke. I would be fine with this but they weren't even firing... ...

The problem is that all said and done...battleships are now sitting back and he spamming,  hoping for the rest of the team to win and if 'they' fail he gets top spot for basically burning anyone ...its easy tactics except when 3 Fuso's are doing it, then you all know its a loss.   Many games without cruisers and completely void of Carriers,  so it's very one dimensional games.   This is especially true when the map rotation is limited.   Got to 11 so far in a DD.....needed a w/r of 57% to do it...but i see many BB's with below par w/r in the sub 40% at this rank.

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,669 battles
22 hours ago, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

The problem is that all said and done...battleships are now sitting back and he spamming,  hoping for the rest of the team to win and if 'they' fail he gets top spot for basically burning anyone ...its easy tactics except when 3 Fuso's are doing it, then you all know its a loss.   Many games without cruisers and completely void of Carriers,  so it's very one dimensional games.   This is especially true when the map rotation is limited.   Got to 11 so far in a DD.....needed a w/r of 57% to do it...but i see many BB's with below par w/r in the sub 40% at this rank.

Yeah since hitting 10 the camping is real. I'm maining Fuso this season and I try and get team to push up as often as I can by tanking.

Only works sometimes.

I just don't understand how so many BB players don't understand how to tank, it's called angling and throttle control... If I can do it in a Fuso, surely Bayerns and New Mexico's can too?

I really hate the camp meta...

[HMASW]
1,551 posts

I go in & push, in my t6 BB, I usually take new mexico, & I love citadelling fusos, I often end up with 4 or 5 citadels per game, its great fun.

of course, you won't get them by camping, you got to get in there & dirty, & tank for your team..

& I find never to follow DD captains commands when starting the match, if your in a battleship, because if they say "let's go a" etc, the DD charges off & all the lemmings follow, BBS & cruisers should not follow blindly like that, because DD players tend to forget we are big lumbering elephants, & they are little fast mice, who can nip in & out quickly , we can't.

our job is to help secure the closest cap, & cover the DD with our guns, & to help distract enemy & tank, while the DD nips in & lays his torpedoes.

we are supposed to tank damage, that's why we have more health... So what if your on fire for a bit? We can heal, no biggie. & if we see one of our BBS in there tanking, go & help, so the sacrifice isn't for nothing, don't be scared rabbits.

if you see a cruiser in trouble, go in there & help by distracting, taking the pressure off him, so he can withdraw...

while we are doing this, remember DD can sneak in with his torps & smoke

this is the way we should ALL play, each ship to their role, not just sit back & snipe, nor charge in like bulls, or follow each other like stupid lemmings.

in these ranked games, I always listen to battleships, or if I'm battleship I give instructions, because we are the slowest, & knowing what BB will do, helps me work out what I can do while waiting for BB to get into position. Its not about pride, its about mission completion.

Ordrazz

307 posts
6,427 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I go in & push, in my t6 BB, I usually take new mexico, & I love citadelling fusos, I often end up with 4 or 5 citadels per game, its great fun.

of course, you won't get them by camping, you got to get in there & dirty, & tank for your team..

& I find never to follow DD captains commands when starting the match, if your in a battleship, because if they say "let's go a" etc, the DD charges off & all the lemmings follow, BBS & cruisers should not follow blindly like that, because DD players tend to forget we are big lumbering elephants, & they are little fast mice, who can nip in & out quickly , we can't.

our job is to help secure the closest cap, & cover the DD with our guns, & to help distract enemy & tank, while the DD nips in & lays his torpedoes.

we are supposed to tank damage, that's why we have more health... So what if your on fire for a bit? We can heal, no biggie. & if we see one of our BBS in there tanking, go & help, so the sacrifice isn't for nothing, don't be scared rabbits.

if you see a cruiser in trouble, go in there & help by distracting, taking the pressure off him, so he can withdraw...

this is the way we should ALL play, each ship to their role, not just sit back & snipe, nor charge in like bulls, or follow each other like stupid lemmings.

in these ranked games, I always listen to battleships, or if I'm battleship I give instructions, because we are the slowest, & knowing what BB will do, helps me work out what I can do while waiting for BB to get into position. Its not about pride, its about mission completion.

Ordrazz

Nice Post Ordrazz, that's is how you should play a BB.  However the camp meta clearly shows many other BB's not even coming close to doing that.    Last night i made it to first division but this was not after the opening 2 games lost.  A Leander decided he didn't want to follow us to the B cap and decided he could take A by himself, of course he got caught with a Nurmberg and a BB and quickly died.   While i had 3 Fuso's about 7kms behind me while i was competing with a DD and two BB's that were 7Kms in front of me.   Well not only did i need to retreat with half of my health we lost BOTH caps.   Stupid play by the Leander cost us that game.  Next two games i played the Leander myself ... did the opposite to that Potato, in that i supported the DD and then sunk 2 DD's in one game then a Cruiser and and DD in the next.   BTW we all ask that guy why is he going alone.  Stupid mistakes.   If he got there and noone was there yes he would be the hero, however that is a 50/50 chance no more.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

218 posts
3,868 battles
On 17/07/2017 at 6:44 AM, Burnt_Out_Koalas said:

Many games without cruisers and completely void of Carriers,  so it's very one dimensional games.

Which is why I use Aoba a lot in ranked, even when it's not a good ship to use for this season's ranked. I would've use my Independence too, but I'm not good with carrier and I sold it.

For BB, Damage control party II and Repair Party II is a must. Luckily, the tier 6 service cost is low enough that you can still make some money, even after you spend the 45000 credits for both consumables.

372 posts
10,219 battles
5 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

.......no. 

[MEGA]
4,667 posts
17,947 battles
Just now, fuzzjunky said:

T6 seems to be a good choice.

probably hardest for the dd's.

there's not as much salt this season as i've ever seen before to be honest aswell.

that's because this season is the "be stupid and just spam HE and you still somehow still win" season, and the only reason you arnt seeing the salt this season is becsaue many CN unicums who can speak english are too busy dealing with the shitstorm in the CN circles now

218 posts
3,868 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

that's because this season is the "be stupid and just spam HE and you still somehow still win" season, and the only reason you arnt seeing the salt this season is becsaue many CN unicums who can speak english are too busy dealing with the shitstorm in the CN circles now

What kind of shitstorm?