You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

Who here has had a 1 v 1?

25 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,577 battles

Are 1 v 1's common? i just had my 1st one nearly 2000 battles in:

Capture.thumb.PNG.b515415d2e39042fb10fd20d075d462f.PNG

Of course being in PTS, I get ships i have never played and have barely gone up the line in (RF dd's) and this guy reckt me :) 

Also, how do you guys figure these matches out, do you knife fight them? (thats what I did) or do you sneak about and try capture points?

Me and Djneith met at E/F 6/7 (agreed to in chat) and fought it out and then we smoked up at about half h/p, he went to my base but I got to his first so he came down and we did another knife fight where he knocked out two of my guns and caught me on fire, no idea what I did to him. So I smoked up again to repair but he had heal so he just got back up again and torpedo walled my smoke cloud, I escaped, meanwhile the caps were about 480ish : 400ish around 6 minutes in and we were fighting around Djneith's base cap. So I was forced out of the torpedo wall and he detected me, I torpedoed him with a torpedo sent from my smoke screen, HP-wise it was about 5000ish - 7000ish and then he just gunned me down completely engine gone, steering gone, two guns gone, torpedo tubes gone and my smoke is on cool down and I couldn't run away at this point, we were about 5-6k's apart and then he killed me and he won ><

1,490 posts

Yes, I've had 3 such matches in my time..... The first one was a st louis against my st louis, the second one was when oleg came out, because i was in it & i was against a kolberg, The last one was 2 months ago, I was in my scharnhorst, & I came up against a nagato. He won because heavy shells & he also dodged my torpedo's, & I ran aground while trying to run away.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

412 posts
9,240 battles

Well if you play the game with T10 bote at 4 - 8 AM GMT +7 it supposed to happen :Smile-_tongue:

shot-17_07.10_07_37.29-0077.thumb.jpg.d0b8247c3280f13c8b683bb5120c0c10.jpg

Recently, I always played in the morning, high tier morning MM (4 - 8 AM) seems to have less than 12v12 most of the time

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Fairly common when you play low tiers at off-peak hours. Or play games past midnight. Since the population of players in our server ain't that high, you can get instances of such when there are aren't enough players in the queue.

I've had 1v1 games in my Albany. There were aren't enough tier 2s and 3s in the queue that time.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

I got a 1v1 once. It was in wee hours of the morning at tier 2 or 3.

Apart from that I have gotten 4v4s and 5v5s before involving high tier CVs. Which is why I don't play them at those hours.

All these were live server.

440 posts
3,379 battles

To this day I still remember that miraculous battle where I survived in a takao with a montana and hakuryu against a hakuryu, NoCal, and yamato (good god it was one heck of an adrenaline dodging shells and plane drops)

120 posts
22,861 battles

LoL, almost 1.5 yrs back, around 3 months after WoW's public release, I got into a 1v1 game with my Pensacola against an Izumo. However my opponent was kind enough to let me have the victory by capping areas, with the condition of no hitting each other [back then the repair cost depended on the amount of dmg one has taken]. :P

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

With 1-year ago MM in the morning, I was in a match where it put 2x T7 ships against 2x T9 ships. I need to fight an Iowa in a pre-citadel fix Nagato. No miracles there.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

165 posts
2,029 battles

ah, i remember my first and only once 1v1 back in 2015 when i start play this game

i use clemson and against isokaze

yeah, win by gun fighting  

283 posts
3,577 battles
7 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

2 vs 2

shot-16.11.02_07.13.31-0700.jpg

he he, Atlanta vs nurnberg, fair fight. Atlanta just has the AA advantage so I am guessing you won?

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles
Just now, ellofiend said:

he he, Atlanta vs nurnberg, fair fight. Atlanta just has the AA advantage so I am guessing you won?

totally I won this match

me 202 vs 013 wat??????

283 posts
3,577 battles

What am I to say? lol :P

On a more serious note, why the heck would a lex go 013?, I don't do CV's so if there is a serious explanation, i'm all ears

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
2 hours ago, ellofiend said:

On a more serious note, why the heck would a lex go 013?, I don't do CV's so if there is a serious explanation, i'm all ears

Because they want to farm damage? Don't blame them though, the USN CV loadouts are horrible. AS has little carrying power while balanced means you are outnumbered in the air.

Personally I don't like the strike Lexington. That loadout loses to everything if the enemy CV is competent. Even a strike Shokaku can shut you down. I grinded the Lex in the 1-1-1 mostly, sometimes the AS loadout if I was lazy or evil.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
45 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Because they want to farm damage? Don't blame them though, the USN CV loadouts are horrible. AS has little carrying power while balanced means you are outnumbered in the air.

Personally I don't like the strike Lexington. That loadout loses to everything if the enemy CV is competent. Even a strike Shokaku can shut you down. I grinded the Lex in the 1-1-1 mostly, sometimes the AS loadout if I was lazy or evil.

222 cannot effectively shut a 013 , but a 312 will totally owned it.

I personally have used 013 and it is much much more effective at making an impact in the game ,,esp when there is an escalation in AA power. Biggest problem is which target you choose and how quickly you can execute the run.Strike Lexi carry extremely hard if he can snipe or outkill shokaku. You will need decent brain to effectively place your pieces as you have no FT.

I recommend anyone who want to try the 013 to read up aviation dispersed fighting tactics and backhand blow theory.Extreme situation awareness is required at all time to plaxe your squads at unexpected vectors

39 posts
12,834 battles
On 7/10/2017 at 11:51 AM, EJL said:

Fairly common when you play low tiers at off-peak hours.

Exactly my experience.  As an early ships fan, I mostly play low tiers, and during weekday mornings, small teams of 3 or 4 ships per side are pretty common.  I think I've had about a half dozen 1v1's.  The most memorable was against Noomjung007, one of Asia server's top-ranked players.  He sank me.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles
On 11/7/2560 at 3:38 PM, ellofiend said:

I would say

USS CV has less effective

Index has 37planes vs RJ has 48planes

Ranger has to choose 111 or 202 or 013 in the same time Kaga, Hiryu and Saipan if you play 013 and enemy use FT mode GGWP

Lexington too since Enterprise has arrived with gitgud AP bomb need buff

111 and 202 you can YOLO with out division but 013 you must division

Essex I don't have choice if you play 113 you have to division

211 OK damage from flooding and fire

When face Taiho OK done!

About Midway pls don't care her, she can beat Hakuryu anyway except 422 (must have tactical to beat too) or play 113