You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Teamkill, Suicide?

12 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,793 battles

I'm not sure how to interpret this. I was in a binocular view and took a shot at the enemy. Unbeknownst to me, a friendly Kurfust sneak at my side. When I shoot, shells from my rear turret hit the Kurfurst. Well, nothing to it really. The kurfurst is at full health. So i made a turn to move myself away from the Kurfurst. In that turn, i collided with a friendly cruiser. Suddenly, I exploded and received a teamkill penalty. As you can see from the image, apparently I was penalized for killing myself, which I'm not sure how.

rotuye.jpg

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

How this works

Damage or destruction of allied vehicles is frowned upon. All allied damage is tracked and automatically registered on the Offending account.

When an Offending account reach the TK threshold, its nickname turns Pink (TK marker). Further allied damage will be diminished on allies and incrementally multiplied on the offending ship, in HP %. Additional fines apply.

Recidivism is also considered. A number of battles with no allied damage will be necessary to remove the Pink status.

Allied damage is tracked on:

• The amount of damage caused.
  • The frequency of allied damage, over a number of battles.

When you've inflicted enough damage on allied ships, some damage will be mirrored onto your own ship, which eventually could lead to your ship sinking from the mirrored damage. 

What happened in your case could be that 1. the HE shell hitting the Kurfusrt set him on fire and the fire went on 2. the teamkill system keeps counting your firedamage on him 3. the teamkill system mirrored your damage on the Kurufurst back onto your ship, causing your ship to sink

Source: Team Kill - Allied damage https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/818 

Edited by 9mm1n

Super Tester
1,310 posts

ur shoot burn the GK.

and it seems like u got enough burn damage from burning the GK, and it trigger team kill damage tresshold and giving u team kill status

and... any damage that u inflict to allied ship when u have team kill status. will be reflected back at u, and amplified.

so yeah. the burn damage from GK is reflected back at u and u basically damaging ur self

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Take this as a lesson to be more careful about your surrounding. If you try to tell us that a GK, as massive as it is, sneaked into your line of fire, we will just laugh at you. Mistakes happen, and you cannot revert it. Many above already explained the reason. As you play T10 ships, by that time you should be aware of all game and penalty mechanics.

283 posts
3,600 battles
12 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

I'm not sure how to interpret this. I was in a binocular view and took a shot at the enemy. Unbeknownst to me, a friendly Kurfust sneak at my side. When I shoot, shells from my rear turret hit the Kurfurst. Well, nothing to it really. The kurfurst is at full health. So i made a turn to move myself away from the Kurfurst. In that turn, i collided with a friendly cruiser. Suddenly, I exploded and received a teamkill penalty. As you can see from the image, apparently I was penalized for killing myself, which I'm not sure how.

how does a kurfurst sneak up behind you? its bigger than my suburb!

2,225 posts
13,751 battles
9 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

21k dmg to GK

Yep i am sure you caused fire to him and the fire when on

1486 fire damage. I don't think that's what happened.

283 posts
3,600 battles
19 minutes ago, keskparane said:

1486 fire damage. I don't think that's what happened.

maybe it doesnt count allied fire dmg?

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles
15 minutes ago, ellofiend said:

maybe it doesnt count allied fire dmg?

that's the case

team damage and damage are counted seperately

218 posts
3,793 battles
1 hour ago, ellofiend said:

how does a kurfurst sneak up behind you? its bigger than my suburb!

I was in binocular, maximum zoom, Maximum range, pointing at 2 o'clock. Apparently the GK turn toward me while I was bracketing. Since I slowed down, the GK overtake me from behind.

2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Take this as a lesson to be more careful about your surrounding. If you try to tell us that a GK, as massive as it is, sneaked into your line of fire, we will just laugh at you. Mistakes happen, and you cannot revert it. Many above already explained the reason. As you play T10 ships, by that time you should be aware of all game and penalty mechanics.

I've teamkilled before. But never have my health taken away. Is this new?

Edited by Puteralanun

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
1 minute ago, Puteralanun said:

I was in binocular, maximum zoom, Maximum range. Apparently the GK turn toward me while I was bracketing.

I've teamkilled before. But never have my health taken away. Is this new?

This mechanic has been here for almost a year now, where have you been all this time?

1,498 posts

Ummm there is such a thing called mini map, this magical device ACTUALLY SHOWS WHERE FRIENDLY SHIPS ARE... Especially gigantic ships, so I fail to see how it would sneak up... Even if you go into binoculars, you would surely be aware of your fleet...  So team kill around that tier is really dumb...

Ordrazz