You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Turning shell

4 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

I'm not sure if anyone else notice this, on several occasion, I saw some shells that flew toward me suddenly make a slight sharp turn at the last minute. Just now, I noticed a shell from a Missouri that's about to overflew me suddenly make sharp turn at a last minute and hit me. I'm not making this up. I really seen it. The shell contrails made a sharp turn about 3- 4 degrees or so. What cause this? is it the lag?

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

No it is game mechanic , the shell make a sharp turn due to range compression and your point of view , they fall NORMALLY , but from your view they will make a sharp turn. Better get a replay and watch the shell fly.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Well, WoW aiming system basicly overlapping 2D plane system. (https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6hewpj/some_shell_dispersion_commentary/?st=j4wpn6ri&sh=d69285fe)

there is certain game mechanic aid to enable player to hit. (thats why there is target lock - which not just function to halfed dispersion radius but do more than that)

even so, i dont think shells aided by game mechanics would brazenly do sharp turn