Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_224

Torpedo spreads

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
118 posts
1,833 battles

While most  destroyers and torpedo equipped cruisers   have the option of selecting between a narrow spread and a wide spread of torpedoes, the British cruisers and destroyers instead have to choose between firing a narrow spread and firing  them one by one. I think this should be applied to all the ships in the game, as the wide spread doesn't offer much functionality and can be a little hard to use. What do you all think?

(Note: This is my personal opinion and you all are free to disagree with me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

Widespread torpedoes are often useful for area denial against capital ships, specially for ships like Shimakaze. But I also think all three types should be available on all classes equipped with ship torpedoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
440 posts
3,380 battles

Personally from my experience the wide spread can be used well to hope for random hits, area denial or flushing out smoke, so there's a use to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

then again...most British Cruisers only have 1 torp launcher on each side until you reach Neptune.

But talking about launching 1 torp at the time, why do we need to drop all the torp in the launcher in order to reload?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,282 battles

Yeah, this has been discussed even in CBT. Torp launchers don't have to shoot all torpedoes at once. They don't even have to be fully loaded (Looking at you, Haifuri) The only reason that isn't been implemented for all is cause of balance reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
165 posts
2,037 battles

it's much better if the torpedo can collision each other

or shooting incoming torpedo with main gun or secondary or high caliber AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Wide spread has its uses, for the IJN DDs you can narrow fire 1-2 rotations of torpedoes and a third spread area denial if a ship advances or slows down.

I do like that the RNCL has a narrow spread though and single torps. For their range the narrow torps mean you will more often get strikes and the single ones allow very precise strikes from ambush.

 

If some other nations received the single torp, this i think would be OP as their detection is less then their fire range so they could ambush or strike more effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles

 

1 hour ago, greifer said:

Wide spread has its uses, for the IJN DDs you can narrow fire 1-2 rotations of torpedoes and a third spread area denial if a ship advances or slows down.

I do like that the RNCL has a narrow spread though and single torps. For their range the narrow torps mean you will more often get strikes and the single ones allow very precise strikes from ambush.

 

If some other nations received the single torp, this i think would be OP as their detection is less then their fire range so they could ambush or strike more effectively.

We already have a hydro and surveillance radar rich environment in high tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_224 said:

 

We already have a hydro and surveillance radar rich environment in high tiers.

We do, but these are limited and have a cool down. 

 

If totpedoes had a limited number of reloads id day go for single fire torps but with the infinite amount they can fire id still be hesitant in seeing other nations gain the single firing torp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles
12 hours ago, greifer said:

We do, but these are limited and have a cool down. 

 

If totpedoes had a limited number of reloads id day go for single fire torps but with the infinite amount they can fire id still be hesitant in seeing other nations gain the single firing torp

In order to offset the gains made by other nations in receiving the single fire torp, hydro range can be increased and its cooldown can be reduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×