Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Klaen

Tier 10 Economy 6.7

4 comments in this topic

[-CNM-]
4 posts
3,178 battles

As a casual player I have been slow in my attainment of a Rank 10 Ship.

Now that I have one, whilst I already really enjoy my experience playing the ship - I am now penalised financially for taking it out...

I recently had a win, where, granted I only managed to score around 60 hits, and a measly 40K damage (it is an American Cruiser) - however I noted that my winnings were under the $170K maintenance costs of the ship!

I appreciate this issue has already been discussed in other WG forums:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/65788-tier-10-economy-or-lack-there-of/

Whilst I appreciate both sides of the argument portrayed in the above thread - my real point is this:

I am a premium account player - surely any premium account player who is not an AFK/Bot player (i.e. moves at least 8-10Km in a match and earns at least 30 ribbons as a minimum) should at least break even and in a better performing game make a profit on their Tier X ship?

The whole point of end-game in any MMO is to reward time and hard work for working your way to an end-state, NOT to penalise you through further grinding lower tier ships to fund your top tier ship. Games where end-game grind offers no rewards (and having enough $$$ to afford camo and those tasty upgrades) soon end up in the annals of forgotten gaming titles... and without subscribers... who pay money... which pays developers wages...

Perhaps it is early days and I need to obtain some more Tier X games under my belt to see what the average earnings are on better performing games, but I strongly disagree that Premium Account holders (and premium ship buyers as well) should experience any kind of financial penalty for playing these ships - as long as they are clearly not AFK or Bot playing their ship. 

Thoughts?

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

Leave T10 as it is, otherwise people grinding up T8-T9 are royally screwed by the vast amount of would-be-T10 players. While it is true that the repair cost should not be too much of a deterrence to grind up, all bets are off when it comes to T10s. I would be looking to slightly reduce the T9 costs instead of encouraging people to screw up people grinding T8-T9.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I dont see any issue in the T10 economy. Either you do good and EARN the credits. Or you can always go low tier for credits. 

note : i ve been playing with standard account for the whole time

Sign in to follow this