Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JuicyLilBee

T10 Ranked?

24 comments in this topic

[TTD]
6 posts
9,744 battles

Why wouldn't WG make ranked battle for T10's. We worked hard up our way here, and it would really nice if we can have the same treatment as WOT.

Being a T10 means you have more experience and know better about what you are doing (for most of people), doesn't it also improve the over all ranked experience for players?

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
29 minutes ago, Arturia_Bee said:

doesn't it also improve the over all ranked experience for players?

Assumptions do not always conform with reality.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
1 hour ago, Arturia_Bee said:

doesn't it also improve the over all ranked experience for players?

Really speculation.

Probably in a year or 2, when the majority of the community had at least 2 tier 10. I mean rank battles in WoT came like 4 years after Asia server established.

But yeah, for as long as WG doesn't give anymore shortcuts to the community then that would be great. *cough cough* ARP *cough*  Bismarck hunt *cough cough* (possible but never) Haifuri Musashi *cough cough*

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles

They want to open ranked up to as many people as possible, so tier 10 would be very limiting.  Plus there's no tier 10 premiums for them to sell, I imagine they have a decent bump in premium sales for ranked season.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

T10 rank is going to be horrible for DDs, everyone has good hydro/radar and concealment, not to mention both CA HE he and BB AP all can get 10k+ with a good salvo

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
3 hours ago, jeff1969jaie said:

Maybe tier 7 to tier 10  this sound`s like a good match up Good luck & happy battles all

No T7....

That would be the Belfast spamfest like in the season 6

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
11 hours ago, Arturia_Bee said:

Why wouldn't WG make ranked battle for T10's. We worked hard up our way here, and it would really nice if we can have the same treatment as WOT.

Being a T10 means you have more experience and know better about what you are doing (for most of people), doesn't it also improve the over all ranked experience for players?

You are joking right?

Good one........

318 posts
6,880 battles

T10 would be too costly for service charges of the ships, so you would spend more time grinding credits to play Ranked and to compensate WG would have to make Ranked season longer.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
54 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

T10 would be too costly for service charges of the ships, so you would spend more time grinding credits to play Ranked and to compensate WG would have to make Ranked season longer.

Or just say "**** U" Buy prem to save time for high rank

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
1 hour ago, Kamanah said:

nah, WG could easily change the repair cost/ammount of credit earned to make it economical to rank in T10s

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
2 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

You are joking right?

Good one........

All i see from T10 players are:

• Camping and sniping fest.
  • Gearing got torped to death while camping in smoke while they should've known by now that smokes are torp magnet.
  • Also to mention that, T10s are completely unbalanced beween nations and ship types (like radars, smokes and stuffs)
  • Someone already mentioned about the service cost.

318 posts
6,880 battles
1 hour ago, FishyPower said:

Or just say "**** U" Buy prem to save time for high rank

This could work, but they would need to give advanced notice/ fixed dates for Ranked. But of course there are some people whom have no interest in paying for Premium ships, therefore they would be excluded from this option.

4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

nah, WG could easily change the repair cost/ammount of credit earned to make it economical to rank in T10s

True. There are some people whom haven't gotten to T10 (yet). So a good portion of people would also be excluded. The options i can see for WG to get people to T10 quicker is by slashing the XP needed, and/or increasing the first win XP. But neither of these would be looked favorable options by players that ground out the XP by playing the game. Also in doing this you would have a lot of inexperienced players at top Tier where they should be T4-5 (example).

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
2 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

True. There are some people whom haven't gotten to T10 (yet). So a good portion of people would also be excluded.

good riddence i say, limiting ships at T6 not only make the battles BB campfests, higher tier ships have a variety of weaponry and tools that allows for a coordinated push of a base while the T6 CAs and DDs have a very hard time to do so

318 posts
6,880 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

good riddence i say, limiting ships at T6 not only make the battles BB campfests, higher tier ships have a variety of weaponry and tools that allows for a coordinated push of a base while the T6 CAs and DDs have a very hard time to do so

There will be campers no matter what tier they make ranked. It is a stagnant way to play, its incredibly boring and i hate it, but its a waiting tactic for the enemy to show themselves or make a mistake.

To get away from camping i don't know why WG doesn't use Ocean Map more frequently on Ranked matches, it forces people to attack and push.

349 posts
7,092 battles
12 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Ranked needs to be on every tier. That way you can become 10 R1 in one season.

Yeah, I don't see why it cant be ranked on more than 1 tier. Other games have various ladders for the different skill levels etc of players.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
1 hour ago, Kamanah said:

There will be campers no matter what tier they make ranked. It is a stagnant way to play, its incredibly boring and i hate it, but its a waiting tactic for the enemy to show themselves or make a mistake.

To get away from camping i don't know why WG doesn't use Ocean Map more frequently on Ranked matches, it forces people to attack and push.

no they wont. they just camping with smoke instead of island

The essence of ranked were being deffensive and punish when enemy make mistake

when you go agresive, the by the game mechanic itself you put into inherent disadvantage

its even the very nature of the battle itself, its a classic military knowledge that to make offensive battle succesfull you need to outnumber defending enemy 3 to 1

[TTD]
6 posts
9,744 battles
15 hours ago, drakon233 said:

T10 rank is going to be horrible for DDs, everyone has good hydro/radar and concealment, not to mention both CA HE he and BB AP all can get 10k+ with a good salvo

I'm a DD player, it does suck when you getting rotating radar scouts by the enemy team, but as a DD, people should always pay attention to positioning (not just themselves, but also enemies with radar/hydro). Which makes it more challenging and fun(I suppose? For me at least)

[TTD]
6 posts
9,744 battles
11 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

You are joking right?

Good one........

As I said, "for most people".

If you've spent all these time grinding up to tier 10, I assume you should know what you are doing and what you are supposed to do with the type of ships you are playing.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Yeah screw Tier 10 ranked. Highest tier ranked should ever be is 8 before radar was introduced.

IMO they need to seriously fix radar and balance CVs before another season of tier 7+ ranked.

[TTD]
6 posts
9,744 battles
20 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

They want to open ranked up to as many people as possible, so tier 10 would be very limiting.  Plus there's no tier 10 premiums for them to sell, I imagine they have a decent bump in premium sales for ranked season.

IMO, people should only be playing ranked if they have enough experience and know what to do with certain ships. By making ranked for T10 only somewhat filters out players who are new to the game. However, it does suck for players who are at T8/9 but not T10 yet. 

WG can always put premium camouflages on sale:fish_cute_2:

Sign in to follow this