You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shibeta

Suggestion: Show ping and lag in port.

4 comments in this topic

11 posts
2,563 battles

In current version (0.6.7.0), players can only surveil fps and ping in battle, which is a horrific design.:fish_panic:

It's too late to quit after battle start, nothing can be done under 1000ms+ ping and consistent lag (Indeed you can play a PVE battle for test but that's inconvenient).

I found same suggestions in NA official forum and reddit, but seems WG staff and community contributors just ignored them.

Edited by Shibeta

Super Tester
1,310 posts

^

well if u really need to measure the ping before entering the game,

you could always ping with CMD in desktop for now. which's i always do.

try pinging the game site (worldofwarships.asia). this should do the trick

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Open your command prompt (hold Windows key + R & type 'cmd') & type this without quote: "ping -t login1.worldofwarships.jp"

Or if you want more information on your connection from your location to game server, read this guide:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/50

Use login1.worldofwarships.jp or login2.worldofwarships.jp as target/destination

I used Pingplotter to check if my ISP drunkenly took a very long route to Asia's game server in Singapore via Europe.

[PANTS]
39 posts
9,995 battles
On 2017/7/9 at 1:52 AM, ReNation said:

^

well if u really need to measure the ping before entering the game,

you could always ping with CMD in desktop for now. which's i always do.

try pinging the game site (worldofwarships.asia). this should do the trick

On 2017/7/9 at 7:22 AM, Mingfang47 said:

Open your command prompt (hold Windows key + R & type 'cmd') & type this without quote: "ping -t login1.worldofwarships.jp"

Or if you want more information on your connection from your location to game server, read this guide:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/50

Use login1.worldofwarships.jp or login2.worldofwarships.jp as target/destination

I used Pingplotter to check if my ISP drunkenly took a very long route to Asia's game server in Singapore via Europe.

Yes it's possible to do outside of the game but not every player knows CMD well enough or is lucky enough to see this thread, not to mention switching out of the game to check the ping is quite cumbersome. I can totally understand the frustration getting greeted with a 1 second lag upon entering a ranked game, so I would love to see this feature implemented.

A follow-up suggestion: if the additional pings generated by idling clients clogg up the server bandwidth too much, just make a widget that's accessible from port. This way the player can check their ping by a click of a button, but otherwise turned off to avoid unnecessary pings.