Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bradly_colin

Six Months of Trying My Luck

8 comments in this topic

30 posts
516 battles

Hey all, I posted this on NA, but I thought SEA folks would want to see the data as well:

I've been pulling at least one Try Your Luck (TYL) container almost every day since the containers have been introduced, and for the past half year I've recorded all my pulls. A few people documented their container contents in the first few months after introduction, but I haven't seen any recent data. With some changes to supercontainer balance apparent in 6.8, I thought it was a good time to look at this data.

I pull TYL because I don't really care about the other three: I want a better chance to get something I couldn't otherwise get by playing the game (i.e. Doubloons or god forbid a ship). 

Here is the data in Google Docs: Column A is the date, Column B and C are the container contents, and rows 2 to 8 are some distribution stats. Major patches are shown in orange, supercontainers are flagged in yellow. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F0yNb48HcZRYuMpTOb7VmClyds04Rq_ZdfNaehCMrU0/edit?usp=sharing

This image summarizes the above data. Total was 175 TYL containers.

170707a.thumb.jpg.079378800b2aeeac8cd5ed6fd062a31a.jpg

tl;dr the chance of pulling a supercontainer with TYL does seem to be around 3% (consistent with that people have suggested), if not *higher*, and I will explain the "higher" aspect at the end.

A categorical summary of the containers is as follows:

• 122 (69%) flags
  • 27(15%) free XP
  • 14(8%) camo
  • 7(4%) credits
  • 5(3%) supercontainers 

Flags is by far the most common type of TYL container, but only 12 of the 17 flags you can normally obtain in-game were represented in the 122 flag containers sampled. The flags that are missing are:

• Hotel Yankee (ramming)
  • India Bravo Terrathree (repair costs)
  • India Yankee (fire duration)
  • Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (flooding duration)
  • Mike Yankee Soxisix (secondaries)

This seems like somewhat of an odd combination of flags to exclude from the TYL flag containers, but possibly I just didn't get them, though that seems unlikely. The chance of getting any of the other flags range from 2% to 11%: the flags I got the least of were the India X-Rayflags, and the flags I got the most of were the Zulu Hotel flags. Personally, I doubt that the actual distribution of getting a particular flag is anything other than flat.

Free XP is the next most common type of TYL container: 27 of 175 TYL containers sampled contained 750 Free XP. This container seems to have been nerfed hugely after 6.1 because it used to contain 3000 Free XP, more than four times what it currently contains (whereas the flag crates were only nerfed by 20%). I don't know if the drop rates were less before 6.1, though.

Camo made up 14 of the 175 TYL containers, and I only saw five of the thirty-ish(?) consumable camos in the game. The Type 5 was the most common at 6 out of 14, and the Gamescom 2016 was the rarest at 1 out of 14. There really isn't enough data here to say anything else about the camo containers, other than that they seem to be much rarer than the flag containers. 

Credits containers were almost as rare as supercontainers: only 7 out of 175 TYL containers contained credits. This is a good thing, though, because 75k credits is probably the most useless container you can get. 

Finally supercontainers: 5 out of 175 TYL containers were supercontainers, and of the four supercontainers I got after the special upgrades were introduced, three of them were special upgrades: damacon, hydro, and spotter aircraft. The one very good supercontainer I got was just yesterday and it was 1000 Doubloons. Ultimately the 3% supercontainer drop rate is pretty consistent with what I felt I was getting before I started recording this data, albeit those supercontainers were a lot better because no special mods.

Now, I said earlier that the chance of getting a supercontainer with TYL could actually be higher than 3%. The data for my NA account isn't the only data I collected, the 2nd and 3rd page of the Google Doc document the contents of another 28 TYL containers pulled between fellow NA player qqmoore and my SEA account. Each of those accounts got two supercontainers out of 14 TYL containers, and while those are individually very small sample sizes, cumulatively between all three accounts we have:

• 203 TYL containers
  • 9 supercontainers
  • 5 special mods

4.4% chance of pulling a supercontainer from TYL.

Probably just luck, but that's almost 50% more than what I saw on my own account. If you pull a container every day it means you should on average see a supercontainer every month.

Anyway, that's all I've got, maybe useful maybe not. I intend to keep recording this data as long as I'm playing the game, and if anyone else is tracking their TYL containers, I'd love to see the data. 

Edited by bradly_colin

372 posts
10,098 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

Why did I get spotting aircraft 4 times more than useful upgrades :fish_palm:

Rip

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Gonna hate me for this-

I always go flags and camo, but last week, i decided on a TYL for once.

And guess what?

Spoiler

Ld0d4cb.jpg?1

112 posts
1,553 battles

Ive already posted a thread on this, but last two TYL containers I got were both Supercontainers and BOTH gave me the useless Aircraft spotting mod one -_-

I really wish you could swap/trade in a couple of the rare mods for a mod of your choice. Then at least if you get enough Supercontainers your guaranteed to get the mod you want 

30 posts
516 battles
3 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

They have a Q&A that they will reduce the Dice Container from getting some Signal Flags. the devs don't want crappy signal flags on the RNG Containers

43 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

Ive already posted a thread on this, but last two TYL containers I got were both Supercontainers and BOTH gave me the useless Aircraft spotting mod one -_-

I really wish you could swap/trade in a couple of the rare mods for a mod of your choice. Then at least if you get enough Supercontainers your guaranteed to get the mod you want 

Yeah, the devs have suggested that they are going to tweak container payouts in 6.8, that's partly why I wanted to post this now. They're also buffing the special mods (by a little? by a lot? unsure) and reducing the chance of getting them (of course, right? can't let people getting good items in supercontainers right?) so hold onto them at least for a bit!

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

i been trying TYL  over the last week and first container  i open couple of days ago  i got 30 days premium,  i want to know are these kind of rewards/gift  one off or can we get them again

Sign in to follow this