You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

A further nail in the coffin for BB's

29 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,065 battles

Well there I was top tier in my Bismark, full HP and then a single attack from the SBD-5's rom the newly introduce CV Enterprise and wham x2 fires and get this 69,850 damage from 9 bomb strikes!

Game over for me.

P2W or what gg WG well played.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
7 minutes ago, Ranork said:

At full speed and turning.

Bow on to incoming and fighter airborne.

Never bow in to dive bombers. That's the worst possible thing to do against DBs. Bow in to TBs, show side to DBs. Also KM BBs are weak vs DBs, not every BB.

112 posts
1,553 battles

Huh thats odd, they are only suposed to be a counter to slow, bow on gameplay, If your doing a full turn at speed most of them should have missed -_- Will everyone have to fully spec for AA now and go on a hate crusade vs CV's??? 

HE bombs are midly effective vs DDs, but hard to hit. AP bombs should be the same vs BB's, making them able to oneshot a BB is pretty ridiculous, no other ship could one-shot a BB like that (except ramming, or 1km torps). I've also heard that the Germans armour layout makes them particualy vunrable to these bombs, but considering they are meant to be a brawling BB line this significantly de-values them. This will onyl encourage long range sniping, try to push in a BB (especialy German which are built around pushing) and expect to recive 6x citiadal hits from the air -_-

Edited by Dire_Venom

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,943 battles
4 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

This will onyl encourage long range sniping, try to push in a BB (especialy German which are built around pushing) and expect to recive 6x citiadal hits from the air -_-

I donlt quite see the pattern here. How would that encourage long range sniping when AP bomb is effective regardless of where you position?

Edited by 9mm1n

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
Just now, 9mm1n said:

I dont quite see the pattern here. How would that encourage long range sniping when AP bomb is effective regardless of where you position?

Probably he meant that CVs will be more interested on ships nearby caps than the ones far back. But I think this event is insignificant in the grand picture. A Shokaku can kill a full HP Bismarck in one go. I don't see the problem. Specially when OP made it easier by staying bow in to DBs.

783 posts
4,808 battles
2 hours ago, Ranork said:

Well there I was top tier in my Bismark, full HP and then a single attack from the SBD-5's rom the newly introduce CV Enterprise and wham x2 fires and get this 69,850 damage from 9 bomb strikes!

Game over for me.

P2W or what gg WG well played.

>69,850 damage to a Bismarck with a Top hull of 69, 200 (unless you have SE which I have another thing to say)
>x2 fires to "new" AP bombs which don't even cause fires
>69,850 damage, from 9 bomb hits that do a maximum of 8000 damage which mathematically add up to a potential 72,000  damage. So 9 citadel hits?

:Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles

Well, have enough support to deter your enemies from choosing you as the target. Doesn't change the fact that 70k damage from 9 bomb strikes is definitely too big a number, so WG definitely has to reconsider.

Edit: I look at the screenies @Onlinegamer sent. The numbers in there are pretty reasonable given how CV has a much longer reload time. Basically, AP bombs vs BB AP = no counter vs DPM

Edited by FishyPower

372 posts
10,085 battles
47 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Well, have enough support to deter your enemies from choosing you as the target. Doesn't change the fact that 70k damage from 9 bomb strikes is definitely too big a number, so WG definitely has to reconsider.

Edit: I look at the screenies @Onlinegamer sent. The numbers in there are pretty reasonable given how CV has a much longer reload time. Basically, AP bombs vs BB AP = no counter vs DPM

Bismarck, tirpitz and fuso get demolished but most other bbs are fine.

183 posts
3,790 battles

At least I can exit my izumo faster with enterprise in the game. Already owned izumo for 5 months, still fully stock. At least now I can start an Iowa game before I get tired of the game again tnx to izumo.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
4 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

Bismarck, tirpitz and fuso get demolished but most other bbs are fine.

Kind of surprising given how CV was made to counter camping BBs and the Bismarck and Tirpitz are the least campy High Tier BBs I know.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
13 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Kind of surprising given how CV was made to counter camping BBs and the Bismarck and Tirpitz are the least campy High Tier BBs I know.

You are wrong. Ships are not campy. Players are.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

You are wrong. Ships are not campy. Players are.

Yeah, true. But these boats are meant to be brawlers with the quick turret traverse, and good secondaries am I not right.

372 posts
10,085 battles
4 hours ago, FishyPower said:

Yeah, true. But these boats are meant to be brawlers with the quick turret traverse, and good secondaries am I not right.

Yes, meanwhile campers like Yamato only eat 10-20k dmg from AP bombs...

683 posts
7,325 battles

Less brawling BB, more camping BB as enterprise make players less likely to bring in Bismarck/Tirpitz? :P 

Well, it actually affects me when I first heard the introduction of AP bombs in CV. I put more time and effort on Montana instead of GK, though I personally love GK more for her capability of pushing.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

There is a reason why there are no battleships anymore.

Real life= Battleships made obsolete by air power. 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,976 battles
13 hours ago, SZYZWY said:

>69,850 damage to a Bismarck with a Top hull of 69, 200 (unless you have SE which I have another thing to say)
>x2 fires to "new" AP bombs which don't even cause fires
>69,850 damage, from 9 bomb hits that do a maximum of 8000 damage which mathematically add up to a potential 72,000  damage. So 9 citadel hits?

:Smile_facepalm:

Yeah.... thats some fishy shit right there.

Still, even if it were true, what happened there was that a braindead ship whacked another braindead ship. DEAL WITH IT.