You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bundy_1111

Confused... and how..

12 comments in this topic

37 posts
9,884 battles

So I was bum rushing a Kaga last night with my Kiev on speed boost, I got within 11km of him, peppered him down to half health and somehow the kaga got away.

Yes.. he out ran my ship.  How is this possible I was pointing straight at him.

Is it possible for someone to hack that??  I was teamed up with a saipan we were both confused as to how he got to where he did in such a short amount of time.

But only a Leningrad & Khaba can outrun a Kiev.. Something smells here.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

Are you sure you were running straight at the Kaga? Maybe you were running at an angle towards the CV, and the CV changed course that caused it to slowly get away from you. :Smile_hiding:

37 posts
9,884 battles

Was powering straight at it the whole time.. Was going for my final cv kill in the honorable service.. 

He had put out a fire, was trying to light another 1 or 2 before I got spanked by the 7 ships shooting at me.  (poor kiev didn't make it).

Kaga didn't actually go for me.. He was hitting the dd next to me who was as confused as me when he got away.

But ok, I can't explain how he could have outrun me, but I figured I'd ask.  

[MEGA]
4,569 posts
17,570 battles
2 minutes ago, bundy_1111 said:

Was powering straight at it the whole time.. Was going for my final cv kill in the honorable service.. 

He had put out a fire, was trying to light another 1 or 2 before I got spanked by the 7 ships shooting at me.  (poor kiev didn't make it).

Kaga didn't actually go for me.. He was hitting the dd next to me who was as confused as me when he got away.

But ok, I can't explain how he could have outrun me, but I figured I'd ask.  

it could have been a smoke puff from a DD that saved their kaga, there really isnt any other explanation for a kaga getting away from a kiev on speed boost

37 posts
9,884 battles

Could have been, but I couldn't see that either though. 

Even if I was dodging in the kiev, should still have been going faster than the Kaga.  Doesn't make any sense to me but maybe we missed something.

I will remember to save replays in future.  

Cheers for the replies.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

If there were planes about or something like that his secondaries may have extended his detection radius for a while, allowing you to see him. When they stopped, and with the fire extinguished, his detection range dropped back down to 10.2km. Kaga = 12.6 - 16% (CE) - 3% (Camo) = 10.2km.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Whats wrong with my answer? He said the Kaga disappeared when he was 11km away. What is abnormal about not being able to see a ship with 10.2km detection at 11km?