You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

we should reward good gameplay more

34 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

many times when i play these days i get more then 300 XP above everyone else on the losing team, sometimes more then 1k, so i was wondering if there could be some way to reward the players who did really good on the loseing team, i propose that WG does something like the below

give the top ranking player on the losing team the same 1.5xp bonus as those on the winning team if 1.he scores 500 XP above the 2nd place on the loseing team. or 2. gets higher base XP then the 1st place of the winning team before the 1.5xp XP boost

give a heroic achievement with a name like [too heavy to carry] or [you can try your best....], and give 5 dragon flags as a consolation prize

actually im just salty about this match

[Content Removed]

Insults/Derogatory Comments , Post Edited , User Sanctioned 
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

683 posts
7,325 battles

I agree with this suggestion. Too many times tried very hard to carry but end up losing... Top the losing team, but wasted those precious special signal flags, at least in my case.

Maybe can try give those (top 2, top 3 players in losing team) who have significant higher Base XP than the others something more? 

At first I never really bothered about losing, but recently I have lost count how many times my team melted like snow under the sun, or won the game like without doing anything as enemy team melted too fast. It's not once, but very frequent. My DIV bumped into another clan in game and surprisingly they have same issue too.

Wonder if there's a change in player base recently.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles

It'll actually promote even for "For myself gameplay"

Tbh, in ranked battle, when we have 2 or more DD, we try to have DDs in most, one to actually cap, one to delay. The delaying guy judges when to retreat while the fleet provides fire cover when the DD retreat, then we just camp at our cap with DDs screening and try to win by points.

Now. That DD that delays would often have shit EXP gains, but he would be crucial in getting us that win. Carry < Teamplay < Carry while team play.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
9 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Tbh, in ranked battle, when we have 2 or more DD, we try to have DDs in most, one to actually cap, one to delay. The delaying guy judges when to retreat while the fleet provides fire cover when the DD retreat, then we just camp at our cap with DDs screening and try to win by points.

Now. That DD that delays would often have shit EXP gains, but he would be crucial in getting us that win. Carry < Teamplay < Carry while team play.

in randoms there is no cooperation anyways, so teamworking dosnt work unless you are in a div, in rank it's already a every man for himself situation since usually whoever gets a high cal for farming gets to save his star on the losing team

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles
5 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Good point...

Instead, I wouldn't automatically handling top loser a "win", but only hand it out when someone (and not necessarily only one) got base XP in the higher outlier range. The criterion might be (all are not required at once):

1. Lies outside 1-2 sigma compared to mean and standard deviation of the losing team's XP
  2. Straight up better than the top winner, even without winning bonus

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

in randoms there is no cooperation anyways, so teamworking dosnt work unless you are in a div, in rank it's already a every man for himself situation since usually whoever gets a high cal for farming gets to save his star on the losing team

Yeah, feels pretty bad 

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Good point...

Instead, I wouldn't automatically handling top loser a "win", but only hand it out when someone (and not necessarily only one) got base XP in the higher outlier range. The criterion might be (all are not required at once):

1. Lies outside 1-2 sigma compared to mean and standard deviation of the losing team's XP

er, isnt that what i said?

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
Just now, WongSongMing said:

I'll rather they add in rewards for smoking the team first.

i believe that's called spotting damage

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles

er, isnt that what i said?

Similar, but the difference is that it won't limit to just one top loser, as there could be two "failed" carries in the losing teams.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Good point...

But like I said, that DD who sacrifices a smoke to cover a retreating ally, or that DD that delays the enemy's base capture. Or that DD that does area denial to force the enemy to turn and bring their guns off a target teammate or every expose their broadside to be deleted. Or that CV that provides fighter cover to a DD to allow peaceful stealth torping

All these aren't awarded EXP. In each case, the DD could have smoked and spammed its guns to get 10k or even 20k more damage, the DD could have picked a BB about to round an island, the CV could have gone and spotted enemies, rendering your DD useless

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, WongSongMing said:

Smoking not spotting...

Smoking without spots is meh. If you smoke and move ahead to provide spots, spot torpedoes earlier on, you deserve a lot more than just smoking

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

Smoking not spotting...

the best that they can accurately calculate is raw damage, if simply having a ship entering your smoke then it'd be very easy to abuse, like smokeing everyone in the base before the game starts, it's completely useless but fits into "smokeing the team", they could do something like this, 30% of the damage that a ship in smoke does to the enemy in your smoke is added to you when the calculations for team ranking happens. but simply giving credit for a smoke dosnt work

372 posts
10,085 battles

the best that they can accurately calculate is raw damage, if simply having a ship entering your smoke then it'd be very easy to abuse, like smokeing everyone in the base before the game starts, it's completely useless but fits into "smokeing the team", they could do something like this, 30% of the damage that a ship in smoke does to the enemy in your smoke is added to you when the calculations for team ranking happens. but simply giving credit for a smoke dosnt work

Something like that would be better than right now where smoking gives nothing.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

Something like that would be better than right now where smoking gives nothing.

spotting damage was just buffed, if you smoke you team and spot for them you get a fair bit more XP and credits then before

372 posts
10,085 battles

spotting damage was just buffed, if you smoke you team and spot for them you get a fair bit more XP and credits then before

And if there's another dd to the side spotting but not smoking the team you get nothing.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
2 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

And if there's another dd to the side spotting but not smoking the team you get nothing.

but why would you not be spotting after you smoked them? even if another DD gets the xp and credits then good for him, it means he is in a good position to contribute to the team, smoking is playing for the team, if you REALLY wanted to farm for yourself you'd smoke and spam for yourself, by smoking you are already contributing to the team and if another DD helps you contribute then you have a better chance of winning

Edited by drakon233

372 posts
10,085 battles
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

but why would you not be spotting after you smoked them? even if another DD gets the xp and credits then good for him, it means he is in a good position to contribute to the team, smoking is playing for the team, if you REALLY wanted to farm for yourself you'd smoke and spam for yourself, by smoking you are already contributing to the team and if another DD helps you contribute then you have a better chance of winning

The problem is smoking aka team play does not reward you.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

The problem is smoking aka team play does not reward you.

the reward you get from playing for the team, is the 1.5xp bonus for winning. that's how it is for me,

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles
Just now, FishyPower said:

But like I said, that DD who sacrifices a smoke to cover a retreating ally, or that DD that delays the enemy's base capture. Or that DD that does area denial to force the enemy to turn and bring their guns off a target teammate or every expose their broadside to be deleted. Or that CV that provides fighter cover to a DD to allow peaceful stealth torping

All these aren't awarded EXP. In each case, the DD could have smoked and spammed its guns to get 10k or even 20k more damage, the DD could have picked a BB about to round an island, the CV could have gone and spotted enemies, rendering your DD useless

Hmm.. Interesting...

There are several more of the "gameplay" actions that are "useful", but counts for nothing in the post-game benefit:

• Potential damage caused, the inverse of the current potential damage (mitigated), that rewards the one who caused it.
    • The one who fires the shell/torpedoes that lands dangerously close to enemy ships, or simply just bounced
    • The one smoking up allies and the said allies do the potentially damaging actions (as described above)
  • Potential damaged mitigaged from smoked allies that have spotted enemies within their firing range, double this if in their detection range.
  • Contesting point given to players who attempted to capture key area or blocking the key area from being capped while staying in it, regardless of the capture's success
  • The list goes on...

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
14 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

But then people will check your stats in 3rd party sites and see poor rating. Look at MeloMelonSoda, he is the perfect example. He plays for the team, does everything to save allies and win, but look at his rating. I even saw in Disocrd that someone called melon noob because of low WTR rating.

At the end of the day, everyone play for their own stats in randoms. I wouldn't say there is absolutely no team co-ordination, there are some, but happening in small groups or within a flank. Not teamwide. For DDs, neither smoking or spotting does anything good. I have had extreme spotting damage games where I ended up 4th from bottom even in a win, cause I did not farm damage myself.

There cannot be any system that will ever satisfy every type of scenario in all fairness. But I do think that giving flat 1.5x bonus to everyone in winning team can sometimes look unfair. There should be additional bonus multiplier for the amount of teamplay contribution, such as potential damage, spotting damage, cap / defend assist, ship / torp detection etc. I think in last patch spotting damage reward got buffed, but I'm not entirely sure. Although I'm having a feeling that this issue won't look like a priority to devs.

372 posts
10,085 battles
19 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

the reward you get from playing for the team, is the 1.5xp bonus for winning. that's how it is for me,

So you'll be fine with potential damage and spotting damage giving nothing cos "the reward is the 1.5xp bonus"?

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
7 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

So you'll be fine with potential damage and spotting damage giving nothing cos "the reward is the 1.5xp bonus"?

yes, if you teamplay in a DD then the reward is the satisfaction of winning, and the spotting and potential does give if you are in the right place. another DD getting the spotting/potental damage award is like DOTing a BB till he's on very low HP in a CA, but then a BB takes your kill away, it's unsatisfying, but it happens and you deal with it

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
15 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

1.5x XP of low amount is still low amount. In randoms I will never be fine with just that. Lol.

NyL3V5h.jpg

That Tashkent game gave me 900ish XP in a win with 1.5x bonus. Played for the team, smoked and spot for BBs and CAs, but boooooo.