Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvilJade

Big Nef Ever in Wows Shiratsuyu 50% in patch 0.6.8

37 comments in this topic

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

In patch 0.6.8

Balance Corrections

Japanese Destroyers

The Torpedo Reload Booster consumable is a unique and efficient instrument. For ship balance purposes, we changed the reloading time for the torpedo tubes mounted on certain Japanese destroyers carrying this consumable.

To encourage a more aggressive gameplay and to improve the competitiveness of that consumable against the Smoke Generator, the reloading time of torpedo tubes when this consumable is activated was reduced from 30 to 8 seconds for Kagero and Yūgumo.

For Akizuki and Shiratsuyu, a reloading time of 5 seconds turned out to be too efficient as compared to other same-tier ships. Therefore, the reloading time with this consumable activated was increased from 5 to 8 seconds.

For Shiratsuyu, the consumable was placed in the same slot with the Smoke Generator.

Wargamming hates INJ-DDs its that simple. Look at its history  RTS , more radar ships ect: There must be a lot of crying BB players moaning to Wargamming :(

Also lets encourage team play by removing the ability for a DD to support its team as I would say 95% of  Shiratsuyu  players still want to have smoke so they can be useful to the team as well as their own protection ( even with lots of ships radar you need smoke to get away from faster enemy DD) so this means their firepower is reduce by 50% as you should be getting most of your damage by torps rather than guns.

1,125 posts

no, IMO this is quite a reasonable change even for me IJNDD main player

for aggressive and damage dealer, give up smoke for torpedo reload booster. 

for passive and team support, give up reload boost for smoke.

if shimakaze can have this consumable, I gladly give up smoke :D

30 torpedo, see if they can dodge it

-----------------------

I really wish WG do the same for premium ship, make radar and smoke at same slot!!!

Edited by PGM991

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
21 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

if shimakaze can have this consumable, I gladly give up smoke :D

30 torpedo, see if they can dodge it

thats scared everybody,

how about Kitakami with that Reload booster 10x4 x2 Just a joke :cap_wander_2:

381 posts
9,957 battles

I don't like this change. Sure Shiratsuyu is very strong but the nerf is excessive. For a ship line that can and should contest cap fairly frequently, giving up smoke for TRB is stupid. Probably WG has been watching too much Flamu's vids against EU players who don't know how to WASD.

Shiratsuyu should have 30s TRB in a separate slot and so do Kagero/Yuugumo/Hatsuharu.

Akizuki should keep her 5s TRB - I have no idea why WG thinks TRB is too strong on her. 

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

The situation be like ....because every tier 7 DD is bad, so let's nerf the only good one and make them equal :Smile_teethhappy:

It will be funny if ppl will give up smoke and still take TRB instead, hard to demand teamplay in random battle, while the smoke don't give me a single creadit or exp. At least those torpedo is more fun to play with, if i need smoke for teamplay i will go for USN DD instead.:Smile_teethhappy:

Where WG get an ideal that TRB  on Akizuki is too good? she only have 1 torpedo launcher,  the nerf make no sense at all

ps: still waiting for the day Akizuki get DAAF

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
2 hours ago, LunaStinger said:

I don't like this change. Sure Shiratsuyu is very strong but the nerf is excessive. For a ship line that can and should contest cap fairly frequently, giving up smoke for TRB is stupid. Probably WG has been watching too much Flamu's vids against EU players who don't know how to WASD.

Shiratsuyu should have 30s TRB in a separate slot and so do Kagero/Yuugumo/Hatsuharu.

Akizuki should keep her 5s TRB - I have no idea why WG thinks TRB is too strong on her. 

I totally agree. It is a rather dumb change.

Shiratsuyu is too heavily nerfed while the main branch DDs have been buffed in a way that just encourages more torp walls. I thought WG doesn't like walls of skill, so why are they giving that ability back? I am pretty sure that very soon we will be seeing BBs crying about torp walls, and the IJN DDs will be nerfed again.

30s TRB in a separate slot would have been perfect. IJN DDs can send out more torps, but not in a way that creates near unavoidable walls.

Akatsuki will totally outclass Shiratsuyu now as she is much more versatile. Shiratsuyu's main advantage over the Lady was because of her ability to torp spam. Now she can't do that unless she gives up smoke, which is extremely risky, not too mention quite selfish as she can't smoke the team. If she takes smoke instead, then she will just simply be a worse Akatsuki. WG should have just nerfed Shiratsuyu's TRB to 30s and called it a day.

I also think Akizuki is fine with her 5s TRB, but hey what do I know.

Edited by Thyaliad

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

When i thought Kagerou and Yuugumo need Seperated TRB and smoke slot

They do something worst to other IJN DD

IJN DD NEED BUFF

NOT NERF 

OH WG PLS DONT LISTEN TO THOSE CRY BABY BB

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Guess It's time to sell another IJN DD because WG has decided to nerf it...

First it was Minekaze.. then Shira... (I'd try not to miss the ship)

Well so it's gonna be more of I got no smoke because I took torp reload kind of players in the team..

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Why so much salt? Shiratsuyu is clearly over performing now. Even after nerf, her concealment is still making her very competitive. It's just like nerfing Bismarck's hydro, at that time I have finished Bismarck but I was keeping her and even got the 3k doubloons camo. I do feel bad about it but I agree with it. Bismarck has maneuverability better than other T8 and TDS better than NC, having a big KM hydro is not necessary and over performing. I sold her after nerf, but due to feeling her being crippled compared to how she was when I go through the grind.

Edited by _Halcyon

181 posts
7,548 battles

Still haven't grinded my hatsuharu since the line split occured.

Now I may never need to since I'm not even interested in Akizuki anymore.

283 posts
3,565 battles

Why can't wg get things right? They nerf the ships everyone loves, even me in my nc would rather meet her than a Belfast or Saipan, why can wg just bloody well remove Belfast and Saipan and leave the damn tech tree ships alone so that us peasants can live with equals, premiums should not be better, they should be used for their features (commander re-train, credit boost, Xp boost, free xp and elite status and as a collectors item) not because it is better on the battlefield. I was looking forward to getting the shiratsuyu after I finished with hatsuharu in ranked :(

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I would say

POI Hatsuharu should nerf torpedo reload for long time 0.6.5-0.6.6 sould nerfed

akizuki is IJN DD gunboat

shinakaze is IJN DD torpedoboat (dont mind that yugumo)

welcometosupergreatwalloftorpedo.mp4

now no poi anymore!

1,486 posts

Why don't we just make ALL the ships the same, have the same weapons, same consumables, not allow any adjusting to happen ever, & not allow WG to make ANY money on ANYTHING, & make ALL the ships into stupid anime, with blinding colors & give them all unrealistic fantasy captains with ear splitting screeching voices, & watch the WHOLE GAME disappear down the toilet because WG is not allowed to change anything or make money or bring in new ships, because a vocal minority always says that whatever is new or premium is ALWAYS OP,  & any changes are deliberately made to make people suffer & to punish them.

that should make people happy, shouldn't it? Then we wouldn't have any whingers , ship class BIAS, & then the game can fold because of no new content or development....

this is a view of the world of perfection, stale, boring, dead end.

nerf premiums? Yes great, nerf BB ? Yes great, nerf cruisers? Yes great, nerf CV? Yes great, nerf DD? Waaaaaaaa waaaaaaa

& we get called BBbabies

HA!!

Ordrazz

326 posts
10,515 battles

Yeah right... WG definition of balance.....

Seems [Content Removed] DD's line has go from bad to worst. 
R.I.P Poi..... U shall be miss.(Well I should blame those EU server for this nerf & doesn't understand WASD hack)

------------------------------------------------

Luckily I've start joining BB's line bandwagon. /gg

Insults/Derogatory Comments, Post Edited , User Sanctioned 
~Ephys

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
3 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

IJN DD NEED BUFF

NOT NERF 

OH WG PLS DONT LISTEN TO THOSE CRY BABY BB

before 6.8 came out, Shigure is the easiest IJN DD to play, and WG dont like that :cap_fainting:

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles
1 hour ago, _Halcyon said:

Why so much salt? Shiratsuyu is clearly over performing now. Even after nerf, her concealment is still making her very competitive. It's just like nerfing Bismarck's hydro, at that time I have finished Bismarck but I was keeping her and even got the 3k doubloons camo. I do feel bad about it but I agree with it. Bismarck has maneuverability better than other T8 and TDS better than NC, having a big KM hydro is not necessary and over performing. I sold her after nerf, but due to feeling her being crippled compared to how she was when I go through the grind.

She not over performing, it because all tier 7 DD concealment is the way too bad, while every tier 8+ DD can out spotting (wiht commander+equip), even tier 6 can out spotting them with high skill commander. While the meta full of hydro and radar, not mention CV make tier 7 is hard to live.

WG should buff other tier 7 DD instead nerf Shiratsuyu just because she is the only good one.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles
8 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

and probably akizukek is in WG waiting list.... lol

NO PLZ DO NOT NERF AKIZUKEK! I DONT HAVE ANY DD PLAY NOW!

"sould be moved to tier 6 is real"

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
3 hours ago, MatterCore said:

before 6.8 came out, Shigure is the easiest IJN DD to play, and WG dont like that :cap_fainting:

B-but Yamakaze dont deserve this nerf at all 

Amatsukaze Need it moar buff

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

But you all have to admit that shiratsuyu was a bit OP for a Tier 7. The only problem is the IJN DD playerbase is so pathetic that the OPness did not reflect readily in stats. But if you remember tier 7 ranked, lots and lots of super unicums used shiratsuyu. She needed a nerf. Who cares about the bottom feeders.

455 posts
8,038 battles
17 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

But you all have to admit that shiratsuyu was a bit OP for a Tier 7. The only problem is the IJN DD playerbase is so pathetic that the OPness did not reflect readily in stats. But if you remember tier 7 ranked, lots and lots of super unicums used shiratsuyu. She needed a nerf. Who cares about the bottom feeders.

If you think harder you'll remember she was so popular in ranked mostly because shira countered smoke spam payfast meta

Can't let a tech tree ship counter a premium this hard lol. :Smile_coin:

Sign in to follow this