Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

I can't believe this just happened...

20 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Preface: I know there are threads like this every so often, this one was just unbelievable.

Just jumped in a lowbie match yesterday, just me and a friend in Furu/Koenigsberg and a friendly DD rushing to top cap. Obviously we are going to protect him.

Friendly DD is in cap, not spotted, not shot at. There's an enemy Aoba heading around the outside of some islands on the north side of cap.

So I pop of some torps just outside the island so that he won't want to turn into cap.

A bit of time ticks away...

"Don't fire at your allies"

You're kidding me, the DD ran a full one and a half grids straight into a torp of mine, without even slowing down or turning...

It's ok it's only like 1/2 to 1/3rd of his HP and he can't have used his repair yet, not having been involved in any fighting at all.

Time passes... DD randomly dies, "S4pp3R killed ..."

Are you kidding me!?!?

The DD didn't use repair and died from flooding and now surely I'm pink.

First TK for me since just after I started playing (~1 month after release).

So here I come bot matches until I can get rid of it.

Anyone know how to find out how many matches to go? (I'm assuming I'll be pink, I'll be honest I rage-quitted straight after I died)

1,126 posts

don't launch torpedo when there's teammate in front of you 'no-matter-what'

-don't expect him to read your mind.

-don't expect him to look behind his back to check for ally torpedo.

-if there's was no choice, do every way you can to warn him, click on his ship on mini-map shout 'watch out, my torp'

Edited by PGM991

165 posts
2,035 battles

actually, it's fun to see our self get flood or fire damage from friendly fire.

just let our ship lose 20-30% HP, and your teammate become pink :cap_haloween:

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Preface: I know there are threads like this every so often, this one was just unbelievable.

It's ok it's only like 1/2 to 1/3rd of his HP and he can't have used his repair yet, not having been involved in any fighting at all.

You R unbelievable.

Its ok.. That guy purposely do that to make you pink..which I d react the same way he did :)

283 posts
3,583 battles

The battle results should tell you in the detailed statistics section and it says how many battles, the above I think are being a hit unfair, the players should have used at least some common sense, not your fault hen was stupid enough to run straight into a set of torpedoes that he should have seen from miles away since your are on the same team. and to add insult to injury, he didn't even use his dmg ctrl, not your fault. His fault. Low tier players actually need to read these forums and take advice before they enter battle:cap_old:

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

The number of games is under details. Usually five or so. Take your cv out as well for easy non friendly hitting times

1,493 posts
3 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

now i am going to wait for the Conqueror......

I thought you were waiting for Graf Zeppelin & Enterprise?

Edited by Ordrazz

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,737 battles

What surprised me is that HSF Harekaze count as allies for the purposes of team killing.

In most games they seem to tool around like lemmings looking for a cliff to jump off or pop smoke to help hide the enemy.

Then when my Neptune is engaged in a 6km duel with a Bismarck around the tip of an island, a Harekaze that was hiding doing nothing suddenly decides to throw itself on the 8 torpedoes I sent down a single line!

6 pink games to clear my name:cap_yes:   

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

First TK for me since just after I started playing (~1 month after release).

i've been pink once and i've been playing since OBT, i have never managed to TK anyone with torps (apart from a kiev that i misjudged the speed of when the RU DDs were newly released), the solution to "not" TKing allies is simple, dont torp with allies in the way, and never torp in a CA unless you are at the very front of the fleet, people say "oh they see the torps coming from miles away, so it's totally not my fault" but you were the one who launched them from his back and you'll need to pay the consequences,

1,105 posts
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I thought you were waiting for Graf Zeppelin & Enterprise?

after it got T8 Graf plane and T7 E? after i heard about conqueror i changed my mind....

anti DD >> Check... radar

anti CA >> Check.... burn? got repair party

anti BB >> Check..... well... dat flame

anti CV? well..... 10 sec rudder shift time....De Javu... de javu... who need AA? (well, its AA is killer too)

with +50%Burn chance.... its not fire mage (Zao) or Pyromancer (Henry4)   ITS Amaterasu (naruto ref)! dat black fire burn for seven days :V

now i dont give sheet about henry anymore.....

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Just to clarify guys, I wasn't so much behind him than on his flank. *Shrugs*

Thought he was far enough away, not kidding if his play was 0.1% different in any way, wouldn't have had it happen, he copped the closest torp possible and barely on the nose.

There were a few other factors I didn't mention:

- He had smoked for himself on cap so figured he'd at least stay there for a bit.

- 90% Sure he had speed boost on.

- he actually had to head towards guaranteed death (enemy fleet moving in) to be hit by my torp.

- I did ping.

- Even a tiny variation in direction or speed would have resulted in a miss.

I'm surprised that folks have mentioned the not using repair party thing isn't just a one time thing, that was what surprised me the most.

Thanks for the replies

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Didn't record, generally only record ranked or Scenarios :-/

I don't have the game setting one enabled, I use shadowplay.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

What did everyone tell you about not using torps if friendly ships have possibility to catch up with those? Specially at low tiers. It doesn't matter if friendly deliberately rushes to the torps. The warning sound from behind will surely distract him which you don't want. That's why we are often fed up with IJN CA players at high tiers. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

What did everyone tell you about not using torps if friendly ships have possibility to catch up with those? Specially at low tiers. It doesn't matter if friendly deliberately rushes to the torps. The warning sound from behind will surely distract him which you don't want. That's why we are often fed up with IJN CA players at high tiers. 

You know that this is my first TK in almost 2 years, I play mostly IJN CAs.

You also clearly didn't read my subsequent posts as you have just jumped on the 'OP must be wrong' band wagon.

So here it is simply:

- I gauged where allied DD was. And knew it to be an extremely slim chance he would even be in the area.

- I gauged where the enemy Aoba and fleet were and knew we'd have to cap and run.

- I then fired one volley of torps.

- he ran straight for them towards 2/3rds of the enemy team.

- he barely gets hit in the nose by the outside torp with 0 change in direction or speed after accelerating out of his smoke. This was after over a grid square of movement on his part and ignoring pings.

- he then doesn't use repair out of what I'm guessing now is some sort of attempt to screw me over.

I'm sorry but if I fired torps near him, no dramas I'll accept fault. But there was a multitude of things said player could have done to avoid the TK and I would argue he did so many thing to be TK'd that this is on him.

Will I change the way I play based on this? No.

Do I expect others to play like me? No.

Am I bitching about it being a TK? No.

What I am saying is that in this situation I was gobsmacked that it ended up being a TK from flooding, considering he would have definitely had repair. Obviously now I realise that players do this and I won't be surprised in future.

I accept I killed him, I'm just surprised that it required a perfect storm and a refusal to use repair to cause it.

Please get off your high horses folks, IMO TKs are sometimes the fault of the receiving end.

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles
13 hours ago, PGM991 said:

don't launch torpedo when there's teammate in front of you 'no-matter-what'

-don't expect him to read your mind.

-don't expect him to look behind his back to check for ally torpedo.

-if there's was no choice, do every way you can to warn him, click on his ship on mini-map shout 'watch out, my torp'

I do not think you can click on his ship on the mini-map you can only click an area.

1,126 posts
22 minutes ago, EvilJade said:

I do not think you can click on his ship on the mini-map you can only click an area.

that's right

I mean just highlight area in mini-map where his ship is are easier than type his name/shipname in a chat,

point cross-hair at him and f3 also misunderstood.

Edited by PGM991

Sign in to follow this