You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

thoughts on the new RNBB T10 *finnished version

35 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

ok, so im pretty sure that you guys know that RNBB hype is coming up, so i want to talk a bit about the new T10 conqueror

frankly i dont know where did WG pull this design our of but in it's current form it's really frigging IMBA, so stats below

HULL

Hit Points 82900

Armored deck 19mm – 152mm                                                           Citadel Protection 45mm – 279mm

Torpedo Damage reduction 28%                                                        Maximum Speed 29.5 knots

Turning Radius 950 m                                                                        Rudder Shifting Time 10.4 seconds

Surface Detectability 19.1 km                                                             Aerial Detectability 15.7 km

Consumable 1 Damage Control Party

Consumable 2 Repair Party (UK Cruisers)

Consumable 3 Surveillance radar (US/UK Tier X)

alright, so as we can see in the above, she is lightly armored and has much lower hitpoints then all other 3 T10 BBs, she compensates that with the RNCL teabag magic heal which repars more or less 40% of it's HP in a few seconds, she also has radar for defending against DDs or RNCLs stalking them, which seems more or less balanced(not).

then we turn our attention to the rudder, she not only has the best turning radius of all the T10 BBs ,but a 10.4s rudder shift time, which means that she has basically a 8s rudder shift time, which is CA/CL level. but she has a really high detection range of 19.1 KM. she has a pretty decent speed for a T10 BB so there's not much to comment on there

the picture we are getting here, is a very versatile ship, that's designed to go after smaller ships with radar. so basically a bigger and more surivable version of the Missouri with RNCL heal, which sounds wonderful, if not a bit OP

then we come to the AA

134mm/50 RP10 Mark I

Layout                         Average DPS                                    Firing Range     

8x2                                     68                                               5.2 km

40mm Bofors Mark VII

Layout                         Average DPS                                    Firing Range

12x1                                 104                                                  3.5 km

40mm Bofors Mark VI

Layout                        Average DPS                                    Firing Range 

11x6                                 321                                                 3.5 km

40mm STAAG Mark V

Layout                       Average DPS                                    Firing Range

4x2                               102                                                 3.5 km

you can see that she has most of her AA concentrated in the 3.5km AA circle, but that is a massive amount of AA, 500+ raw AA DPS, so what that means that her AA is mostly for self defense or revenge AA. she does have some AA out at .2km but that is so low that it'd be almost unnoticeable to CVs of that tier, her AA is somewhat compareable to yamato's . montana has 3 high damage AA circles, GK has weaker AA but a lot of it is concentrated at long and mid ranges, so it's still very useful, but yamato. yamato has decent AA, but it's mostly concentrated in the short range turrets, which means that unless you spec your yamato to AA, you will only be shooting down planes from the range that TBs autodropps at... rip. conqueror shares some of the same fetures but her AA is powerful enough that as the enemy planes enters your inner circle they will be dropping like flies.

and now we get to the most intresting part of this ship, the guns

so as of now the conqueror has 2 kinds of guns, the 1st one is the

457mm/45 Mark II

Layout 4×2 AB-XY                                                    Reload Time 30 seconds                         180° Rotation Time 45 seconds

Sector of Fire AB±142° / XY±150°                           Firing Range 29.2 km                               Maximum H-Dispersion 234 m

σ 1.8                                                                       

457mm HE MarkII Damage 8200                        Muzzle Velocity 757 m/s               Chance of Fire 63%                                               

457mm AP MarkII Damage 14900                      Muzzle Velocity 762 m/s               Penetration@                5/10/15/20 km 742/640/553/481

this gun, as seen from review viedos is very accurate and powerful, it isnt like the yamato's 460MM guns which can lolpenn 32mm BB bow, but she can lolpenn everything at 30mm, what is at 30mm you might ask, the answer is, every CA deck at T10, one of the biggest pains of playing a high tier BBs with 406/410/420MM gun is fighing a hindy/ moskov/ H-IV/ current DM, becasue your shell WILL bounce on their deck if they get into a good position to fight you(read, bowtanking when island hugging), but with conqueror, the 457mm guns garentee that your shells will not bounce on kiteing/bow camping CAs, combine that with the amazing accuracy, and you get a very specialized CA/CL hunter, able to gunn down smaller ships running away with ease and at the same time repairing the bulk of the damage it receives because lol teabag heal

but this turret has been disabled for some reason so i wont go too deep into it

and finally we get to the last gun, which seems to be the replacement for the 457MMs, which is the reason im putting this thread out

419mm/45 MarkII

Layout 4×3 AB-XY                                                        Reload Time 30 seconds                                     180° Rotation Time 45 seconds            

Sector of Fire AB±142° / XY±150°                                Firing Range 29.2 km                                          Maximum H-Dispersion 352 m

σ 1.8

419mm HE Mark II

Damage 7200                                   Muzzle Velocity 792 m/s                             Chance of Fire 48%

419mm AP MarkII

Damage 13000                               Muzzle Velocity 747 m/s                               Penetration @ 5/10/15 km 695/609/535

ok, so we have the classic 4*3 AB-XY turret layout, standard T10 ROF and turret traverse. and they we have this HE abomination, the HE is stupid, the GK has 38% fire chance  on it's HE, the montana gets 36%, yamato get's 35% and out of no where we get this napalm coated magnesium fission HE that can go all the way up to 53%, U wut WG, the montana and GK are already very good fire starters, i tried matches where i exclusively fired HE at enemys, in the 5 times i tried that tactic, i've gotten 3 witherers, 2 arsonists and a grand total of 21 reports. now, think a BB with a entier 10% more fire chance, with 30km range and has heal, and you start to see the problem, and to ADD more stupidness to the gun, this HE has the same damn penn values as germans, 1/4 MM, which means that if you use IFHE, you get a whooping 110MM penn with HE, to put it into context, the minotaur's citadel belt (101mm) can get overmatched by this HE with IFHE never mind, this HE can citadel minotaurs WITHOUT IFHE. and let's not forget that the AP is just as stupidly good, this AP has a very low fuse time, which means that this thing has RNCL like property of not overpenning smaller ships, oh and it get's usn CA autobounce angles, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

having a BB with RNCL heal is OP, but it can be balanced with other trates like low damage output or armor, having a BB with radar is OK~ish, look at the missouri, it dosnt over proform at the tier too much, so it's proven to be more or less OK, having a HE shell that has almost 50% HE is not OK, it's stupid and encourages unskilled play, putting all of the above mentioned into the ship is like saying "hey guys this is the new saipan(belfast/whatever OP ship there is) of T10, have fun fighting it because literally EVERY ship class will have a HELL of a time just trying to kill that one single ship, DDs risk getting radared and getting massive chunks of HP getting blown off in single salvos by it no matter which gun it uses, CAs stacking DOT dosnt go jack becasue lol RNCL heal 40% in 5s lololololololol and the fact that they will either get 1. overmatched to kingdom come or 2. get out DOTed by the stupid ammout and quality of HE or 3. get normalpenned by the low fuse time USN autobounce angle 419MM AP

so to recap, you now have a ship, with RNCL heal, the best HE by far in game in both turret configurations, either a overmatch low fuse time USN autobounce 457MM which screws over EVERY SINGLE CA IN GAME WITH AMAZING DISPERION, or a 48% base fire chance HE 3*4 1/4 caliber HE spamming skilless abomniation that can still screw CAs over with ease because LOL 12 419MM shells with low fuse time and USN auto bounce angels, enough self defence AA to put a minotaur to shame, RADAR and 29KM range+ enough agility to make the hindenburg cry

jesus christ just typing that out puts a bad taste in my mouth. this ship is stupidly OP even in the hands of 30KM HE spamming bluelineing morons, or rather, this ship is designed to let skilless noobs preform like a unicum and to let unicums single-handled slaughter a entire flank, which buffoon in WG decided that putting RNCL heal+radar+rudder+AA+fuse time and USN autobounce  on a SINGLE BB with the same firepower as a montana was a good idea?????? the instent this ship comes out she will make EVERY other T10 surface capital ship obsolete, why take zao/ hindy/ moskov when conqueror spams HE better? why play DM/ moskov/ minotaur when you have just as good radar on a much more capable ship?, why take yamato/ GK/ montana when literally EVERY THING ABOUT THE CONQUEROR IS BETTER?

(disclaimer: all stats may change from what has been written down since the ships is just as WIP as this article. and all of the leeks are taken from https://sea-group.org/?p=2987&lang=en  and dont belong to me)

Edited by drakon233

126 posts
8,246 battles

Conqueror---conquering the helpless BB and CA on open seas since 2017

With the acccccurate guns it can hunt the stupid DD and RN CL in smoke and send them back to dock in seconds

Although it has less HP and less torp reduction...its still OP

(Anyway RIP for Des Moines,another BB that can pen u till the dead end)

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
43 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

frankly i dont know where did WG pull this design our of but 

As long as its just Drawings, there wont be short of it in RN archive if they managed to get access 

Even Swedish have Drawing of Planned Aircraft carrier design and battleship design

IMG_4945.thumb.JPG.dc6eb693a053de8e274bcbbc94b65b5a.JPG

As long they granted access, they might found ridiculus design lying around

AFAIK there is mention by Norman Freidman of 70.000 ton British battleship design, it never have official name

Ship building usualy involve in 4 phase, Concept design phase, Contract design phase, Preliminary design phase, Detailed design phase.

there prob wont be  shortage of concept design drawing, the un-named, un-known, and being totaly utterly ridiculus

Edited by humusz

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
7 minutes ago, humusz said:

As long as its just Drawings, there wont be short of it in RN archive if they managed to get access 

Even Swedish have Drawing of Planned Aircraft carrier design and battleship design

IMG_4945.thumb.JPG.dc6eb693a053de8e274bcbbc94b65b5a.JPG

As long they granted access, they might found ridiculus design lying around

AFAIK there is mention by Norman Freidman of 70.000 ton British battleship design, it never have official name

Ship building usualy involve in 4 phase, Concept design phase, Contract design phase, Preliminary design phase, Detailed design phase.

there prob wont be  shortage of concept design drawing, the un-named, un-known, and being totaly utterly ridiculus

yeah, no kidding bout that, i remember these really crazy designs by this american senator  and another by a  japanese ship designer with somthing like a dozen 406/410 turrets, really crazy stuff

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

The tier 10 is a Colorado on steroid from what i see , amazing heal , light armour + big gun.

Hope it dont eat as much lol pen like Lolorado

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
5 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

The tier 10 is a Colorado on steroid from what i see , amazing heal , light armour + big gun.

Hope it dont eat as much lol pen like Lolorado

i'll finnish the post tonight but then you'll see why this ship is going to be stupidly OP in it's current configuration

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
7 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i'll finnish the post tonight but then you'll see why this ship is going to be stupidly OP in it's current configuration

Frequently faced those used by ST , and everymatch they are in the team that has them win , and win quite easily.

And when i see a match that has test ship in a fishing division , its game over :Smile_sceptic:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Are you Telling me, British Battleships are the best [Anti-DD] BB? with Their Great Braking Turning Radius and Radar? Great [Un-overpen-able] Shells? Powerful HE?

i can see Yuro will Drift with these a lot

[Content Removed]

I think we took this "Britannia Rule the Waves" a bit too far

Profanity , Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
On 7/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, Harpoon01 said:

Are you Telling me, British Battleships are the best [Anti-DD] BB? with Their Great Braking Turning Radius and Radar? Great [Un-overpen-able] Shells? Powerful HE?

i can see Yuro will Drift with these a lot

[Content Removed]

I think we took this "Britannia Rule the Waves" a bit too far

this is literally a T11 ship if they implement the 419mm guns as the ship is now, the 457mm guns are already powerful enough as it is with all the perks this ship has, and they are making it better, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Updated
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

283 posts
3,566 battles

And then you read the disclaimer, note wip, LOL this puts a spanner in the works! chances are, wg hasn't even overviewed it yet like you have and will probably change the AP fuse times and have mn cl armour scheme so I wouldn't jinx it, but good overview, my compliments

edit:

Update

457mm guns were disabled (whether it will be removed or become an upgrade remains unknown). Conqueror now uses 4x3x419mm main guns, and its dispersion is reverted to keep in line with other British BBs. However, her firing range and firing arc remain unchanged. - courtesy of sea group

Edited by ellofiend

1,105 posts

AWW SWEET..... i thought French CA is the real glass canon, ez damage but ez die....

NOW LOOK! we have Conqueror here, like its name... dat sheep is da real PvE Boss.....

with 19km detection, it will fear any CA/DD or even BB..... high AA.....

basically this ship is counter for everything! this ship will suite my style :V

alright its time to scuttled the Algerie and got the CONQUEROR!

#Wait4Conqueror

goodbye bro, i wonnt play until this Boss Sheep is comeout....

question : do this ship have catapult fighter/spotter?

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Tbh, if you think just by being in WIP that means you can ignore OP ships, you are dead wrong. WG has been deviating from their past stances and balance is becoming a joke. In the past, you get things special to themselves be it pros or cons, now, new content must be something no one can resist getting.

So by monitoring ships that are WIP and highlighting things like this, it makes WG more wary because I'm sure not only are the supertesters thinking along similar lines, by adding our voices to it, it gives WG much more pressure to balance ships.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

IMO the RN CL heal is not a big deal. Conqueror has 32mm deck, meaning that IFHE 6" and 8" HE can penetrate the weather deck. Anyone who play high tier RN CL will notice that your first heal is magic but the rest doesn't seem that good. It's due to the heal only heals 60% of penetrating damage. (Penetrate: the shell hits the armor model, piercing through, and explodes inside a hit module that is not citadel)

I would expect cruisers to easily drain Conqueror of reserve HP pool.

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,722 battles
14 hours ago, drakon233 said:

yeah, no kidding bout that, i remember these really crazy designs by this american senator  and another by a  japanese ship designer with somthing like a dozen 406/410 turrets, really crazy stuff

Wait till you see the premium RN Carrier "Project Habakkuk":cap_haloween:

Beware the frozen heart!

1,386 posts
8,224 battles
14 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Dis one? Thy "500,000 ton buttersheep" with 100x twin 41cm/45 3rd and 200x casemate 14cm/50 3rd and 200x 61cm torp tube, capable of 35knots(or 40? Can't remember clearly)

3A6AE340EB6166C9ECA68481F71B7407.jpg

Edited by _Halcyon

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
1 hour ago, _Halcyon said:

Dis one? Thy "500,000 ton buttersheep" with 100x twin 41cm/45 3rd and 200x casemate 14cm/50 3rd and 200x 61cm torp tube, capable of 35knots(or 40? Can't remember clearly)

3A6AE340EB6166C9ECA68481F71B7407.jpg

ah yeah, that's the one, and the USN design was er... dilly? dil- something design

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
On 7/4/2017 at 4:31 PM, drakon233 said:

and let's not forget that the AP is just as stupidly good, this AP has a very low fuse time, which means that this thing has RNCL like property of not overpenning smaller ships, oh and it get's usn CA autobounce angles, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Brit's AP got USN CA SHS autobounce angle

While USN BB SHS get standard autobounce angle

Such hogwash, travesty of a historical accuracy......REEEEE----(wait.... who cares about historical accuracy??)

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
On 7/4/2017 at 5:25 PM, drakon233 said:

for me the concept unsinkable Carrier made of Iceberg

totaly ridiculus, it feel cool but totaly stupid at the same time