Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blackgesus

NA/Asia unified accounts

21 comments in this topic

3 posts

Hows it going. Not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i cant find the answer to my question anywhere.

I play WOT on the NA server and as soon as WOWS is ready i want to play it on the Asia server. Will i be able to have a unified account between 2 different servers? Just keen to keep my gold and premium together. Cheers 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Hows it going. Not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i cant find the answer to my question anywhere.

I play WOT on the NA server and as soon as WOWS is ready i want to play it on the Asia server. Will i be able to have a unified account between 2 different servers? Just keen to keep my gold and premium together. Cheers 

why worry it will all be wiped before it goes live anyway .

[FORCE]
Beta Tester
3 posts
1,527 battles

Not likely as Asia would lose 70% of its player base :p

Actually I may disagree with you there. Trying to play WoT on NA servers while in SEA causes almost prohibitive ping. So, while the skill level may be raised (slightly, there are idiots there too believe it or not) the ping would cause many to play like potatoes again. I personally want them to implement international account transferring because I, and many players like me, like to travel and if one day I move permanently to the States, all my progress (and money spent) on this server will be lost.

6 posts
208 battles

Actually I may disagree with you there. Trying to play WoT on NA servers while in SEA causes almost prohibitive ping. So, while the skill level may be raised (slightly, there are idiots there too believe it or not) the ping would cause many to play like potatoes again. I personally want them to implement international account transferring because I, and many players like me, like to travel and if one day I move permanently to the States, all my progress (and money spent) on this server will be lost.

I noticed a ~200ms drop between NA and ASIA... Also, Muricans care about their stats... ... a lot

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Server roaming is a nice idea. In fact, Warthunder already have that implemented for a very long long time now and it worked really good.

Basically, your account is shared on all servers and you can pick any to play on. This greatly address the population problem that might plague matchmaking system.

Ofcourse, that would work well only if you can deal with latency. In Warthunder they have a pretty good compensation system on their server that gives players smooth gameplay even with ~300 ping and 10% packet loss rate. Unfortunately, Wargaming haven't quite nailed that system yet, hence whenever my net lag or get some frequent packet loss, it's almost impossible for me to play. I don't see it going to be implemented any time soon, not for this game and it's brothers.

EDIT: I think they have that function for most region servers (NA East/West; various RU clusters; EU not sure), but apparently SEA doesn't get any of that (I think they should have AUS/NZ cluster, but I guess population might still be a problem).

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Senior Moderator, Alpha Tester, Already in Alpha Testers
116 posts
141 battles

you can only have unified accounts on the same regional server. I have an NA warplanes account as ASIA doesnt have one yet (and may not ever) so I run two sets of premium, but the NA tanks/planes accounts are linked.

64 posts
274 battles

you can only have unified accounts on the same regional server. I have an NA warplanes account as ASIA doesnt have one yet (and may not ever) so I run two sets of premium, but the NA tanks/planes accounts are linked.

you know how much trouble it is to make 2 separate accounts?! Its a real pain in the A** not to mention having to download the game clients for the two because they are in two different countries its a nightmare i can guarantee that if the accounts/servers were all "universal" it wouldn't be like this what happen to the one-size-fits-all principle huh?

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

you know how much trouble it is to make 2 separate accounts?! Its a real pain in the A** not to mention having to download the game clients for the two because they are in two different countries its a nightmare i can guarantee that if the accounts/servers were all "universal" it wouldn't be like this what happen to the one-size-fits-all principle huh?

Link it to the same email account, give it the same password, hassle free. The only issue is downloading the regional client, and there will probably be mods for that in the future.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Link it to the same email account, give it the same password, hassle free.

Not recommended, due to how the database between regions for test servers and such is handled. I had lots of issues with my NA/ASIA alpha and ST accounts for WoWs, and for my WoT CT account as well until I separated the email addresses for NA and ASIA. First wave NA alpha testers got screwed bad because they had to register on RU, and most of them used the same email address as their NA accounts and that caused a lot of problems too which took months to resolve.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

They pulled the plug for server roaming due to "cyber bullying" 

It was an official post somewhere. 

Sounds like WG. I wonder what the actual reasoning is. It must be pretty awful for them to think theyre better off giving us a series of lame excuses.

8 posts

Nope, you don't have to download and install a different client for each server. You just have to edit an xml file in the Games/World_of_Warships/scripts folder. But I guess, you have to create a different email username account for each server to avoid conflicts.

KNcJl7o.png

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

My NA WoWp is not and never has been unified to my WoT account ASIA.....easy answer is NO....

Alpha Tester
982 posts

why worry it will all be wiped before it goes live anyway .

There are no more wipes. This has been stated hundreds of times.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think they have canceled the roaming so no hope ... i had great expectation to this feature too ... but too bad it will never come

but if you want to move from NA to SEA ... you have to wait for the "Move to SEA" event again ... that how I Move my NA WoT to SEA WoT and all my xp, gold and credits are tranfered too and they wipe my profile on NA clean

Sign in to follow this