You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

what tier, indeed what ship would you consider fun?

43 comments in this topic

1,486 posts

Greetings,

I would like to put the question out there, what tier, or what ship would you consider fun?

I see whining about different tiers & different ships in ranked, or random, or PVE, complaining about OP THIS, NERFED that, bad players, or good players, dumb DDs, or dumb BB or cruisers, noob CV, but there never is any real consensus, on what ship constitutes a good experience?

everyone loves to hang crap on a particular ship, or particular play style or player, but they offer no real insight, into other alternatives.

each ship, premium or not, is balanced a particular way, & if viewed in a NON BIASED VIEWPOINT, they each have both strengths & weaknesses... Which to a certain point, the MM takes into account ...

so, not counting skills of the player, enemy or ally, what is the best ship, that you consider  THAT YOU HAVE REAL FUN in, more often than not while constantly playing each time???

doesn't matter about power, gun caliber, or armour, maneuverability or any other stats, or nation..... What IS the best ship that you tend to want to play, that you gravitate to,day after day?

This is not a ego question here, in this thread no ship is more superior or considered OP than the next ship...

I want to know the most popular FUN ship that everyone has fun in... We each have favorite ships. Then fun ships.. I want to know THAT ship... The fun ship that everyone continues to play

My best ship I like is the Imperator Nikolai, & my FUN ship, is the Konig...

Your turn...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

112 posts
1,553 battles

Personaly, the ships I have the most fun with are the weird quirky basteds few people drive :3 

I love playing:

-(T2) Mikasa (only in matches with 90% mikasas though :3)

-(T5) Ohmaha 

-(T6) Perth, Dunkerque, Earnest Gaede

-(T7) Colorado (My first taste of big gunz :3)

-(T8) Bismark (Cause 10.6km secondries of course :3)

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Kamikaze and Iwaki.

In fact, these two account for about 80% off all my battles lately.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Anything 7 and under generally, 8 and up is the unfinished part of the game with a mountain of salt waiting for you even if you win, and theres a wide selection of them no less.

39 posts
12,809 battles

Hey Ordrazz!

It's hard to choose, but in terms of sheer fun, I suppose the "Louisville Slugger" (St Louis) and the "Bird of Flames" (Phoenix) are standouts for me. 

Edited by Shanghai_Slim

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

For me:

T1 - Black Swan - Such sexy name.

T2 - V25 - Fun little boat.

T3 - Konig Albert - I just love white boats. Bogatyr - Pretty fun to poke new players.

T4 - Clemson - 19 points captain kinda fun, Karlsruhe - My best T4 cruiser and pretty fun to annoy people with supposedly worst ship, Kaiser - Hell ya, she can take on anything.

T5 - Kamikaze - Its fun dumping random torpedoes and hitting absolutely nothing.

T6 - Shinonome, Farragut - Fun DDs ofcourse, Dunkerque, New Mexico - Fun BBs, one hits hard, one chases around everyone, Leander - Most fun T6 CL for sure.

T7 - Sims - whats not to like, Fiji - I do have fun in OP ships. 

T8 - Benson - Dream DD? Kutuzov - Its really fun to see the world burn.

T9 - Fletcher - Don't need to explain at all.

TX - Montana!!!! My Love.

If I had to pick one from all of them, it would surely be a Kutuzov.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

T1- orlens

T2 unikaze

T3 saint lo

T4 nikolai/ clemson

T5 grem/ kamikaze/ koing

T6 fuso/ budy/ cleve/ leander

T7 belfast/ atlanta/ scharnhorst/ schors

T8 MK/ NC/ loyang

T9 roon/ balti/ fletcher

T10 montana/ gk/ DM/ minotaur/ hindy

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

(IJN player here)

Tiers 1-4 - everything.

Tier 5 - Kongo, sometimes Minekaze/Kamikaze R

Tier 6 - Fuso, Fubuki, sometimes Aoba.

Tier 7 - Myoko

Tier 8 - Atago

Tier 9 - Ibuki

30 posts
516 battles

Some of my favorites recently have been the Kongo and the Scharnhorst. I used to really like the St Louis too, but I've come to appreciate the Tenryu more the more I play the game. Marblehead also used to be really fun until T5 stopped being fun.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,066 battles

My recent favorites would be New Mex, Colorado. Also having fun with the Emile Bertin. Got to light those fires! :cap_like:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

I cant say I prefer any tier in particular.   I own everything from 1-9   I do stick to the mid tiers mainly because progression to T10 doesn't really interest me.   High tiers have never been exciting or dynamic and that is why its not appealing.

159 posts
5,676 battles

I like playing mid tiers, too much salt in games tier 8 and up. Dunkerque, is great at tier VI, so is the Admiral Graf Spee, because despite what everybody says, I like to brawl with other cruisers in it. My favourite by far though is Scharnhorst, because it is just so fun in close quarters, at point blank range it doesn't matter that the guns are only 283mm

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,303 battles

T2, T3 - Probably none 
T4 - Wyoming (She punishes hard on ppl who show them broadside, period and in this tier, heh) 
T5 - Murmansk (Back before T5 MM is shafted, she is a very good premium, worth the money)
T6 - Fuso  (I'm not a BB player but she clicks together with me, especially her 12 guns)
T7 - Belfast (U are there to ruin a DD's day)
     - Scharnhorst (I adjust her style to suit a jack of all trades. Somewhat works and I really had alot of fun in it)
T8 - Kutuzov (It's fun to farm salty BB tears with fire while u burn them from 17KM, even T10 BB is also a victim to it)
T9 - Fletcher (Hands down the best DD of her tiers, doesn't seems out of places even being thrown to T10)
T10 - Gearing (I used to hate her but after taking awhile to adjust to her playstyle, she is my favourite. U can punish anyone easily with that torp range)