You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thyaliad

Curious question about PvE scenarios

13 comments in this topic

1,348 posts
8,872 battles

So after trying the scenarios, I noticed that all the enemies are either IJN or KM ships or both, while all friendly AI ships are USN with the sole exception of the Schors in that convoy rescue mission.

The question is why though. Are USN ships not fun to fight against? What about the other VMF ships and the RN and MN?

Is there some strange anti-Axis thing going on or is it some AI programming thing?

Personally I would like to go up against a larger variety of ships. I am a bit tired of shooting Kumas and Furutakas in almost every scenario.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

I wonder that to.

However , Axist is the loser IRL here so it is way easier to portrait without someone scolding you than choosing US or Soviet or GB whose fanbois will wreck you in a chat outbreak.

Personally though , i dont like it , scenrarios should be keep as realism as much as possible as long as they are balance. It is fun to role play.

These missions could have based on real life naval mission from the view of one side , its objective , whats really happen and with a uniform ( single) opposition or add in an alternative what if so that these missions branch into different path for following up missions and end with different rewards for a single very large campaign.

Ex : the IJN suprise attacks on Pearl Harbour  , you can either tilt toward retreating or more yolo action

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I think you'll find that the missions are similar to events that happened in WW2 and the German and Japanese were deemed to have been the aggressors of the time. As such it'll be easier for them to create new scenarios with them as the opposition without to much thought going into it. However as it seems to be an unmitigated success you can expect a lot more variety and effort put into them. 

Imagine battle of midway! Battle of Surigao straits, or defend Task force Z against wave after wave of planes! even a fictional scenario like the Tirpitz's great escape from the fjords (dd's and cruisers only to protect the Tirpitz from air attacks and the british fleet!) the options are unlimited. Change the tier and have a battle of Jutland with tier 3 ships! How about a tier X one based on Operation ten go! 

It's early days and I'm expecting to see big advances in them in the months ahead.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

It's just the first season of scenario, I'm expecting something more exciting and reflect historical events better.

And I totally agree with you on being frustrated shooting Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba and Myoko all the time, I can even remember their armor layout and how to citadel them in my dreams, sooooooooooooo many of them… And IJN HE has high alpha and fire chance, very disgusting. Ouch IJN CA burning me.jpg

1,348 posts
8,872 battles

Yeah I guess this first iteration was just a trial run so they didn't put much thought into it. It just seems weird to me that all 4 scenarios use 2 nations as enemies, when WoWs has many other nations. Was wondering what the underlying reason was. Well, I am looking forward to future scenarios having enemies from different nations.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I believe WG will make harder scenarios one day, where team is 100% needed. Right now, 7 semi-skillful individuals can get a win. 

Lets see how the dunkirk scenario goes. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles
18 hours ago, _Halcyon said:

It's just the first season of scenario, I'm expecting something more exciting and reflect historical events better.

And I totally agree with you on being frustrated shooting Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba and Myoko all the time, I can even remember their armor layout and how to citadel them in my dreams, sooooooooooooo many of them… And IJN HE has high alpha and fire chance, very disgusting. Ouch IJN CA burning me.jpg

Then join us, play them and watch the world burn...  :etc_red_button: :Smile_playing:

Or you know, use amazing AP and shell arcs and live in citadel heaven.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Then join us, play them and watch the world burn...  :etc_red_button: :Smile_playing:

Or you know, use amazing AP and shell arcs and live in citadel heaven.

I already have over 200 games in Zao and already tired of IJN CA gameplay…

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles
6 hours ago, _Halcyon said:

I already have over 200 games in Zao and already tired of IJN CA gameplay…

Dam, sorry to hear mate.

I must admit I'm a bit the same, on Ibuki and been able to get Zao for months, just 'meh'

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
4 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Dam, sorry to hear mate.

I must admit I'm a bit the same, on Ibuki and been able to get Zao for months, just 'meh'

there's a reason the clan he founded is called [ZAO]

1,386 posts
8,244 battles
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

there's a reason the clan he founded is called [ZAO]

It's now the hidden headquarters of PETI, people for the ethical treatment of Izumo. And playing Zao is not treating Izumo ethically. (I'm just frustrated with all those reports I received for division triple Zao with [ZAO] tag)

-2ab40097f3183cd4.jpg

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

you should do a triple MK div and make a clan called IFHE, it will trigger people to no ends

clan [WAIFU] when

\

And farm reports :D