Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Which do I buy Tirpitz or Prinz Eugen

Which do I buy Tirpitz or Prinz Eugen  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which do I buy Tirpitz or Prinz Eugen

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,231 battles

I'm kinda limited on my cashing ability, so I want to know which to choose between the Tirpitz and the Prinz Eugen. Normally, it would be a no brainer to pick the Tirpitz, especially with my 18 points KM BB Captain. However, Prinz Eugen is Waifu, and waifu needs my money. I already have the Admiral Graf Spee and soon the HSF Admiral Graf Spee (Cause Waifu reasons), so I don't really need another trainer that urgently.

So...

Battle Results vs Waifu, what do I pick

Related image Waifu Chan :D

1,484 posts

Well, Prinz Eugen is a cut & paste Admiral Hipper, available for free in the regular German cruiser lineup, the only difference is the paint job....

so to me, I fully recommend Tirpitz.

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Prinz Eugen is a slightly longer version of Hipper. Prinz is easy to statpad (wtr-pad) and prints credits like no tomorrow.

Go for Prinz. You have already played Bismarck, Tirpitz can wait. (Yeah she has torps which you get to use once ever 20 battle so why bother).

Oh, real life advice: keep your money safe from wifu.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,231 battles
7 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Oh, real life advice: keep your money safe from wifu.

But... But it's Waifu Chan :I

About the other responses, you don't get it. Prinz Eugen is waifu. And waifu is waifu

Super Tester
2,725 posts
30 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

About the other responses, you don't get it. Prinz Eugen is waifu. And waifu is waifu

No point of waiting then. Just throw your cash at WG & get waifu!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
56 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

@icy_phoenix I remember you mentioning the Prinz Eugen a few times before, so how would the Prinz Eugen compare to the Graf Spee in terms of gameplay

I'm confused now. Are you comparing a tier 8 heavy cruiser with a tier 6 mikasa pocket battleship? I think in terms of gameplay, you will see a lot of tier 10 matches with Eugen, which is not that bad. The meta at T10 and what you see mostly near T6 aren't same. Also, Eugen mostly play like kiting ship against higher caliber ships. Although Eugen bow is immune to german battleships up to T8, she will take a lot of damage from T9+ BBs in general. It is extremely hard to citadel Eugen with cruiser caliber guns. Unlike Spee. Spee is low tier ship, you capitalize on dumb enemy and farm damage most of the time. 

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,231 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I'm confused now. Are you comparing a tier 8 heavy cruiser with a tier 6 mikasa pocket battleship? I think in terms of gameplay, you will see a lot of tier 10 matches with Eugen, which is not that bad. The meta at T10 and what you see mostly near T6 aren't same. Also, Eugen mostly play like kiting ship against higher caliber ships. Although Eugen bow is immune to german battleships up to T8, she will take a lot of damage from T9+ BBs in general. It is extremely hard to citadel Eugen with cruiser caliber guns. Unlike Spee. Spee is low tier ship, you capitalize on dumb enemy and farm damage most of the time. 

When I play the Graf Spee, I snipe at broadside targets at the start with AP, then as the enemies spread out, I might rush an isolated CA and angle while turning enough to present all guns to fire and then turn back to a more angled position while getting closed. I then fire a salvo of torps to force them to turn and show broadside for my AP shells. Other tricks are using island as cover to surprise BBs with torps.

Are these tactics that I could use with the Prinz Eugen as they seem to have similar flaws and strengths. Armor that can do it's job when angled, good AP for broadside targets and torpedoes (6.0km ones, so forcing the opponent to turn broadside might be harder)

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Eugen cannot be overly aggressive because of no heal. Also, you can pen a lot of things with spee even when they are not fully broadside because of higher shell caliber, not same for Eugen. Target needs to be very broadside. You can easily do 10k AP salvo with Eugen but damage output drops drastically when targets angle or far away. 6km torps are sort of last resort. Don't rely on them.

The way you play spee is simply standard cruiser play. That should work with Eugen as well. However, high tiers are less forgiving. And you need to choose ammo type more carefully.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles
12 hours ago, FishyPower said:

I'm kinda limited on my cashing ability, so I want to know which to choose between the Tirpitz and the Prinz Eugen. Normally, it would be a no brainer to pick the Tirpitz, especially with my 18 points KM BB Captain. However, Prinz Eugen is Waifu, and waifu needs my money. I already have the Admiral Graf Spee and soon the HSF Admiral Graf Spee (Cause Waifu reasons), so I don't really need another trainer that urgently.

So...

Battle Results vs Waifu, what do I pick

Related image Waifu Chan :D

as the chinses say

"follow the path your libido takes you one"

^confusingcius said that

totally legit kappa

683 posts
7,335 battles

Never tried Eugen but hey Hipper isn't that bad, though she kinda struggling in tier 10 matches.

From my experience, Hipper not a easy ship to play. My advice is if you have bought Eugen, give yourself and her sometime, you will find a way to make her work.

I had an impulse buy for Warspite when I first join WOWs, so it's quite common some people here but a ship not for performance, but due to the love for the ship.

And I heard Eugen has a special camo to train captain faster?

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Seriously???? :etc_swear:

Do you really need to ask which one??

Tirpitz :Smile_medal:

I never understand this waifu/anime crap and why it's so popular

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Hipper's my favorite tier 8 cruiser and with the HE buff WG just gave the German line, she's gotten even stronger for me.

So personally I'd be going for the Prinz if you enjoy cruiser play. But if you enjoy bb play go the Tirpitz . Be aware that the secondaries on the german bb's are getting a big nerf hammer thrown at them. Which could well affect the Tirpitz as well. Less dmg and fire chances are almist halved.

Nb: I find the Hipper plays really well in tier x games as well once you've adjusted to her non stop play style. Lots of dodging and never be the priority target but I never had an issue in game with her, so I'd expect the same from the Prinz. 

Actually my only issue with recommending the Prinz is the extra cost for her second camo scheme ... Now that sucks big time... 

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles
2 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Do not buy either, one is about to get nerfed, the other is a just an all round piece of steaming turd that needs to go to the scrapyard

Honestly I never trust these Germans someday be nerf someday be buffed I wonder why 

they should be nerf British instead of German

I'm not vote both of them 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

30 posts
516 battles

Coming from a BB main, but I too prefer the Derpitz over Prince Potato. I don't think the nerf will change the Derpitz that much, especially since she just got buffed (longer range secondaries) recently. The nerf more or less returns her "power level" to where it used to be, and she's always been a solid ship.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,231 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Brendoonigan said:

Hipper's my favorite tier 8 cruiser and with the HE buff WG just gave the German line, she's gotten even stronger for me.

So personally I'd be going for the Prinz if you enjoy cruiser play. But if you enjoy bb play go the Tirpitz . Be aware that the secondaries on the german bb's are getting a big nerf hammer thrown at them. Which could well affect the Tirpitz as well. Less dmg and fire chances are almist halved.

Nb: I find the Hipper plays really well in tier x games as well once you've adjusted to her non stop play style. Lots of dodging and never be the priority target but I never had an issue in game with her, so I'd expect the same from the Prinz. 

Actually my only issue with recommending the Prinz is the extra cost for her second camo scheme ... Now that sucks big time... 

You can't nerf premium ships directly, only through game mechanics. Hence Minekaze and Kamikaze/Fujin

1,107 posts
7,840 battles
2 hours ago, FishyPower said:

You can't nerf premium ships directly, only through game mechanics. Hence Minekaze and Kamikaze/Fujin

I think WG nerf Arizona sigma like few patches ago

its now 1.8 if I remember it right

Sign in to follow this