Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Voidhawk

Suggestion - Make the Perth a bit more competitive

1 comment in this topic

[-FBE-]
9 posts

Hey all,

A suggestion aimed at the Dev's in relation to the Perth

I love the darn thing to bits and I play it well, but its lacking and it's starting to really irk me considering some of the newer Premium ships being released are quite competitive right off the shelf.. yes, good readers, you know which ships I'm referring to

Since at present, the Perth is the only Aussie cruiser available, perhaps its time to make it a little bit better and more competitive in relation to other cruisers of the same tier/line rather then letting it remain as a "collectors" ship (or only for the most hardcore captain). I understand that the smoke generator is pretty decent, but remember, its a selfish bubble; it's diametre is quite small unless a certain skill is taken to make it a bit more "team friendly", so the Perth needs something to help it be a bit more of a team player and not a ship that simply takes up a port slot

As such, my suggestions are these:

1) Increase the range of the rifles from 12.6km to something like 15km; despite the fact that the mark 23 rifles Perth and her sisters were equipped with actually had a range of about 23km (interestingly, in WoWs, the Perth is using mark 21 rifles... I can't seem to find any references to the modified Leanders (or even the Leander's for that matter) using mark 21 rifles but I'll let that slide for now), so she at least fills a fire support role for brawlers

2) Allow one of the consumables slots (perhaps the hydroacoustic slot as at present it's rubbish for what the Perth's current strengths are; medium range fire support) the ability to chose between repair party or whichever is currently in that slot, similar to other RN cruisers. My reasoning is this: the Perth (being a modified Leander light cruiser) had two stacks due to having two engine spaces occupied by 2x admiralty boilders and 2x parsons turbines which allowed the Perth (and her sisters) to operate even if one engine room was incapacitated

3) Give the AA guns a slight buff. I'm not suggesting for it to be something dramatic, but rather something that at least enables Perth's AA to shoot down one or two planes while they buzz around Perth's head (basically, so Perth's AA is not a complete joke and she is sunk without any effort on behalf of a CV captain)

I think these will probably make the Perth a little more competitive without it being too over the top

Sign in to follow this