Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dire_Venom

Advice for dealing with tier 8s as a Tier 6?

10 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,553 battles

Hi all, my last 10 matches in tier 6 BBs (Mostly been playing Dunkerque) have all resulted in me being bottom tier in a tier 8 match -_-

What tactics can I deploy to have some meger effect on the outcome of the battle:? My BB AP bounces and shatters on tier 8 broadside BB's and my dispersion makes for some frustrating shots that all end up missing.

Is there anyway I can raise my damage output:? Firing HE at destroyers sometimes I would get decent hits, other times I would get a full pen HE shell on them but only do 720 damage O_o. I can hold my own at tier 5-7 games, but tier 8's just outclass me so bad and can pen any part of my ship -_-

I aren't normally very salty, but while playing tier 6 in prep for ranked it's been very frustrating going against mostly tier 8 teams :/ I only feel like a liability to them team and target practice :,( Also the first time I've intentionally quit a match with my ship still afloat.

Edited by Dire_Venom

112 posts
1,553 battles
36 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

which T6 BB?

Mostly been playing the Dunkerque. It's been a surprisingly fun ship, for my first 20 battles I had a 75% win rate in it :3 Then came the hords of tier 8 ships -_-

While I can deal with most tier 6 and some tier 7 ships very well, I just completely melt vs North C's even when I stay at 16-18kms (but then all my shells shatter or miss). 

Thanks!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I'd suggest you go watch eurobeat's video for the dunkirk, spamming HE at BBs while using W and S also works because of your high fire chance and shell speed, but simply put the dunkek just dont really preform at t8 and there isnt much you can do about it

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
31 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

Mostly been playing the Dunkerque. It's been a surprisingly fun ship, for my first 20 battles I had a 75% win rate in it :3 Then came the hords of tier 8 ships -_-

While I can deal with most tier 6 and some tier 7 ships very well, I just completely melt vs North C's even when I stay at 16-18kms (but then all my shells shatter or miss). 

Thanks!

Pick your target. Don't fight a T8 that is focused on you. Look for those guys that show they broadside and rekt their citadels. If it comes down to a one on one with T8, angle and jiggle while either firing HE in hopes of fire or AP if you can aim well.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

the dunkirk's AP has the same penn as the new mexico's but the guns are so innaccruate at range and bounce so easily you'd have a better time just burning other BBs

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

not surprise Dunkerque cannot fight in tier 8 room

her bow is weaker than 400mm or above to ricochet AP shell

or you throw HE to some ship and make them rekt  

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

well, those frenchy ship suffer from inaccuracy and bad sigma

Your gun is small calliber, and can not reliably penetrate other ships

your bow overmatched by 15inch, let alone 16inch gun. 

I dont own her, but from those 2 qualities alone I dont think I can play her like regular battleship.

Play it like oversized cruiser might be a good idea

1,490 posts

I hunt ships other than tier 8s in my Dunkerque, or go for the smaller ships, HE is the best, but you can also sneak citadels in & I often try being a bait ship, trying to get enemy ships to chase me, so I can drag them away from their objectives, & bring them closer to my fleet, because they think I'm a big juicy target, an easy kill...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

It's the cheapest T6 premium. That's what you get for buying Chinese built products!

You have lower gun caliber, weakest armor and lowest BB damage. But you have good reload and good fire chance with good speed. Hide your weaknesses, fortify your strengths. And running away is always a great tactic. Even French navy knew it. See all the secondaries on her stern.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this