Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
benlisquare

Destroyers are fun

20 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Which nation have better DD?

JP if you can chai snipe.

US if you want to brawl.

Yes... yes, that's what we wanted you to think.

However it is time to reveal the truly best destroyers of ww2!

GhzusVv.gif

3gi1fue.png

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Yes... yes, that's what we wanted you to think.

However it is time to reveal the truly best destroyers of ww2!

Of course Tovarish. Ivan Ivansky Ivanov of Volgograd division has discovered secret Soviet warship blueprint found on the napkin of Great Venerable Commissar, Azmat Sokolov.

Blueprint shows that Soviet Navy had design for great strong destroyer, with 46cm cannons, and can travel at 60 knots.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Personally US. 

However in the current state I think that both sides' DD are over-nerfed.

IJN's DD's gun are Unusable - 45 seconds traverse, yeah good luck to have a duel with anything other than torpedo. It's got really nasty torpedo range though. When you got to high tier, Fear their Torpedo. Very Very Very dangerous. :B

US DD suffer from the ridiculously low torpedo range up to Tier 7~8. You will only have 5.5~6km of Torpedo range starting from T4 to T7. However if you got that close chances are you are very likely to get hit and die after one torpedo run. You will get spotted at about 7 km, so good luck going in completely defenseless for like 2 km before your torpedo get's effective. However they are very good at destroyers duels due to their Excellent gun. :honoring:

Personally I would like to see IJN's gun traverse buff to about 30-35 seconds and a slight buff their ROF.

US DD needs a Torpedo range buff from T5. I think 6~6.5km would make their life easier. Their gun is good at it's state.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,893 battles

Imo JP DDs have better torps while American DDs have better guns.

Not too sure bout the later tiers as I've only played till T6 for Japanese DDs and the American DDs are based on what I observed. 

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

IJN for Destroyers.  Your primary damage dealers are torps and the US ones are crap.  However the IJN guns are... decorative...I guess.  US ones actually work, but it's still a peashooter compared to cruisers or battleships.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

IJN for Destroyers.  Your primary damage dealers are torps and the US ones are crap.  However the IJN guns are... decorative...I guess.  US ones actually work, but it's still a peashooter compared to cruisers or battleships.

USN DDs are great at mauling other DDs.

Sometimes I laugh at USN DDs who are too absorbed at lining up their torps to launch at my USN DD while I just pummel them with my guns. A few seconds later they're already dead and their fish is easily dodged.

Current IJN DDs should get the hell away as soon as they encounter a USN DD. It can not win a gun duel.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

^ this.....

anyways, I just eat any ship for breakfast with torps..........and I just gun duel with USN DD's......I win all the time, only be sunk with incoming torps that I could not notice, or being one-shotted to death by a BB...

:honoring:

Edited by GeneralPaps

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

USN DDs are great at mauling other DDs.

Sometimes I laugh at USN DDs who are too absorbed at lining up their torps to launch at my USN DD while I just pummel them with my guns. A few seconds later they're already dead and their fish is easily dodged.

Current IJN DDs should get the hell away as soon as they encounter a USN DD. It can not win a gun duel.

However they suck at attacking other ships (except CV, if you can see it he's a dead meat for anyone). Problem is their torpedo range is sooooooooo low that you got to hope Stalin Active protection system is on your side, or else you are pretty much some juicy dinner for CL and BBs.

I think the devs are experimenting stuff with balancing, as right now it look too extreme for both side's DD (Gun on IJN DD and Torpedo range of US DD).

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

However they suck at attacking other ships (except CV, if you can see it he's a dead meat for anyone). Problem is their torpedo range is sooooooooo low that you got to hope Stalin Active protection system is on your side, or else you are pretty much some juicy dinner for CL and BBs.

I think the devs are experimenting stuff with balancing, as right now it look too extreme for both side's DD (Gun on IJN DD and Torpedo range of US DD).

Not really. There are ample opportunities to catch a capital ship unawares, either using geography or team mates to draw enemy fire, making close range torp runs not as suicidal as many people think it is. I even do it using IJN DDs because of the simple fact that it's less likely to be foiled by torp safe maneuvers. True, IJN DDs have more options, but USN torps are far from useless.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I'm starting to love Destroyers kek~ in a way I get to dump all of my torps on both sides to the enemy :D

I don't even have to use my main guns, I just use them to lock on my target kek~

Edited by ragster

Sign in to follow this