You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Advanced stupid

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

You thought you've seen it all. You thought you've seen the dumbest things possible on WOWS.

Presenting you Fletcher: Advanced Stupid

Ever had a game, where it gets really close, and it left on a 1v1? The match in question was down to a Fletcher and a Taiho. The Fletcher was on 1k health and the enemy has 3 dive bombers with some fighters left. You thought it was gonna be an easy game, cause simply capping and smoking would give us a victory? Surprise! This Fletcher goes off to hunt the CV. The CV spots the Fletcher with it's fighters and send its dive bombers off to kill the Fletcher. Lucky guy gets one hit and drops the Fletcher to 177 hp. You'd think the Fletcher would fall back to cap or at least hide right? No. This genius proceeds to continue spamming his guns and charging closer to the Taiho. Guess what was the result. He got wiped out by the Taiho's secondary guns while doing 2k damage through a fire...

Advanced Stupid

Edited by FishyPower

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Some people wouldn't even bother looking at the remaining time or points. That may explain:

• Why people at more than 3/4 health keep running away despite the fact that they are just less than a minute away from defeat.
  • Why people who are the last person alive in the team choose to fight a losing fight when they should have won by the timeout.

Speaking of the fletcher, trying to hunt that Taiho wouldn't be that bad of a decision (though admittedly questionable) if the team is losing and it is only 10 minutes in the game, since that fletcher would have been hunted down and killed anyway.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Some people wouldn't even bother looking at the remaining time or points. That may explain:

• Why people at more than 3/4 health keep running away despite the fact that they are just less than a minute away from defeat.
  • Why people who are the last person alive in the team choose to fight a losing fight when they should have won by the timeout.

Speaking of the fletcher, trying to hunt that Taiho wouldn't be that bad of a decision (though admittedly questionable) if the team is losing and it is only 10 minutes in the game, since that fletcher would have been hunted down and killed anyway.

It was 1 on 1, 5mins left and he could have capped. 3 dead players were also spamming in chat "Cap" and similar messages. The guy responded, "Don't worry, I got this" and started firing at the CV once he spotted the CV. Due to gun caliber, he couldn't pen the CV until he lit a fire that the CV put out...

98 posts
230 battles

Dang, I bet that half the playerbase does not utilise the full potential of their brains. If they're decent people in real life, it's fine. But if they do stuff in real life like they do ingame I really have nothing to say.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Last season of ranked, 2v2 left, I got picked off, 1v2...

We have both caps, we are ahead in points. They are capping one point, won't get to the other in time

Allied BB keeps fighting instead of running, we lose. All he had to do was stay alive for 2 minutes and he even had an island to cover his turn and run...

:cap_wander:

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Those situations happen. Lets hope its an experience that the player learns from and listens to advice. If he had sunk the Taiho, im sure he would have received compliments. But to be honest, id have suggested as per the OP, cap, and sit in smoke (USDD smoke OP) and have the team receive a victory.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Remind me when i meet Taihou in tier 7 Hatsuharu (bad decision) but her armour is too though to crack and there was no torp booster back then

End up requesting Fire support from my team BB

17 posts
7,860 battles

I can be this guy.. give me a boat with torps, and i have the survival instincts o adepressed lemming on meth with a shot gun... And its not that i dont know better. But id struggle to not attack in that situation.

So he could be like me n just suck with dd's and cruisers... Or already outta smoke. 

1,490 posts

Rambo warrior DD mentality... This is the proof....LOL

If more DDs were team players, rather than single Rambos intent on prize kills only, then games like this wouldn't be lost..

Here's a video that fits this just perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2jxvqR9CX4

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

OP sounds familiar,try being in a 2v2 near the end of the match with 3 caps up for grabs.The reds have a CV and DD,the greens have a DD and a BB,and the greens could win by capping.

Guess which green ship decided to chase down the CV and get sunk by its planes ( and that was after trying for 5 minutes to actually sink the CV!),while the other green ship is racing back and forwards to try and outcap the enemy DD.

I was not amused ( I was in the green ship that was trying to cap)!

Edited by BanditSE1977

203 posts
11,788 battles
14 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

We call these as IJN Fletchers. They are pretty common. IJN Fletcher and IJN Benson.

They failed with torps against CV so now they come for guns just to fail it as welll. :cap_like:

On a serious note you don't go hunt for a CV at high tiers, the amount of time it took for you to catch him and sink him is just too long

Especially for DD where their damage comes from torps and fire damage and the CV ain't gonna let you get even 10 kms close to him.
CV can kite as well you know.

1,126 posts

instead of branding someone stupid why not try figure it out about 'why he did that'

what if he already out of smoke?

in that case capping will reveal his position to CV, and he have no mean to hide, he'll eventually die by DB anyway

not cap and hide also mean lose on point

but if he manage to kill CV, than it's win.

it's a gamble and he happen to lose, that's all.

372 posts
10,097 battles
9 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

instead of branding someone stupid why not try figure it out about 'why he did that'

in that case capping will reveal his position to CV, and he have no mean to hide, he'll eventually die by DB anyway

Going after a high tier IJN cv in a fletcher is even harder than trying to kill a BB with just your guns, IJN cvs are literally invulnerable to 127 mm shells.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
15 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

Because more often than not a player sees a CV and gets stars in their eyes and visions of glory and single mindedly go after it at the expense of anything else.And end up sunk and in the cases mentioned on this page lose the game for their team.

4 posts
1,407 battles

I dunno, there is something about playing a Destroyer that brings out the stupid in me. I frustratingly realize it after I have played stupid in the game. That Wow!, had I just hid and capped, totally would have won. But..., that CV, alone, by itself, taunting me with it's secondary batteries..., oh I can totally take it! And then!...

F!

Stupid me. Grrrrr.

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

Why is it the last person who is responsible for the loss? Are you saying that if someone carries a team, then dies last, it is their fault the team lost?

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
3 hours ago, keskparane said:

Why is it the last person who is responsible for the loss? Are you saying that if someone carries a team, then dies last, it is their fault the team lost?

Yes. If you get killed by secondary fire FROM A GODDAMN CV

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
6 hours ago, keskparane said:

If it is already a losing game, then it is not so much of the last member's fault entirely. But if the last member throws the winning game (the case in this thread) then of course he is guilty. What are you even trying to argue about here?

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

You're right. If events played out as per this thread then guilty as charged.

However I do get a bit tired of reading threads like this when more often than not the person posts a replay and you can see it happened differently.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles
58 minutes ago, keskparane said:

You're right. If events played out as per this thread then guilty as charged.

However I do get a bit tired of reading threads like this when more often than not the person posts a replay and you can see it happened differently.

Trust me on this one, I don't keep replays cause potato computer and hundreds of replays taking up space in the C Drive kills my games, but what happened was exactly what I described. I don't call out people for the sake of it, but this really got me frustrated