You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Need tips for BBs

19 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

the answer to the age old qustion of "how to i kill a HE spamming CA/CL at his max range" the answer is: you dont, it's very ineffective and only works if he is really stupid, what you should do, is to either

disengage and find a better target

get behind cover

ask a DD for smoke

or to just run away,

but if you feel confident that you can hit him consistently from long ranges then by all means do it

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

At range, use alt to find how far he is. Pair with minimap direction to estimate where he maintain course or going further or nearer. Readjust accordingly. If he is WASDing like a boss, give up

455 posts
8,038 battles

Only ever shoot at long distance cruiser if he is unaware he is being shot at

If he is spamming from max range, hold your fire and get into concealment

Hiding means you're not being useful for the team but he's being even more useless since he is too far to be of use anytime soon

1,493 posts

The best tip I can give, is to hold down ctrl while you are aiming through the binoculars,   because it will show you the distance of the enemy Target,  and also the time it will take for your shells  to get there  in  however many seconds.
 it will help you aim to wherever you want to hit,  like citadel etc,  because it will help you guess when the citadel area will be at the Point when your shells arrive.

you are aiming at a Battleship,  then you aim for about 6 on your binoculars measurements,  then when you hold ctrl,  it will tell you how many seconds it will take for the shells to get there,  so if it's going to take 11 seconds for instance,  you may want to increase the number to about 10 or so on the binoculars measurements...

of course when shooting at cruisers or Destroyers,  you have to allow extra time for the shells to travel,  because the targets are so fast,  so on the binocular measurement,  you might need 12  for cruisers,  and 15 or more for destroyers.  holding down ctrl is the key.
 also remember when to aim,  you must take into account  Shell dispersion...

& also some ships shells are faster than others... Practice makes perfect

and also with the evil god RNGesus,  remember to swear very loudly.

I hope this helps,  it helped me

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

372 posts
10,104 battles
2 hours ago, FishyPower said:

At range, use alt to find how far he is. Pair with minimap direction to estimate where he maintain course or going further or nearer. Readjust accordingly. If he is WASDing like a boss, give up

Or you can just use alternative battle interface and spare the trouble of pressing alt...

If he's wasding then you can try to predict how he turns and aim accordingly, that takes a fair amount of skill though.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
2 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

wait what? You need to hold a key to show shell travel time and distance?
Isnt that always enabled or did I change some setting

It is always enabled if you turned on the alternative battle interface setting.

In fact my first piece of advice to newish players would be to turn it on immediately.

Unless you find there is too much clutter on the screen, or your system will lag too much if you use it, there is no real reason not to turn it on in my opinion.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

YANKEE!
OSCAR!
LIMA!
OSCAR!

and you will get like this kek

GK and GK

probably I usually play BBs like tanker push fast and win fast (and potential damage is as much as I play full fireproof)

do not show broadside for BBs or CAs 

use bow to take damage

if you are fine you will be fire

shot-17.06.17_16.00.12-0618-crop.jpg

shot-17.06.29_20.58.46-0604-crop.jpg

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Answer is NO. You cannot hit anything at max range. No point in wasting a salvo. Find a new target who is closer. Let them spam. You are not going to die from max range spam.

1,126 posts

shoot enemy that doesn't shoot at you.

if there's CA/CL that shoot and you try to shoot back, he'll see you salvo and mostly able to dodge it.

hell, some player will count down your reload time and show full broadside for all gun while you reloading, and turn angle when your finish reload.

so frustrated if you met that kind of CA

so, ignore/angle at enemy that spam at you and pick enemy that busy engaging your teammate instead

that will increase chance of hitting him.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Firstly, use AP.

Secondly control speed and direction so you don't get in range of HE spam CL/As.

Your most reliable damage will come from hitting other BBs who aren't angled.

Know your optimum range. IJN Fuso has a range of 21km, however her optimum is more around the 16km.

By all means you can shoot at max range, but it will reveal you and isn't reliable damage due to dispersion.

If you are playing a BB with a lot of guns, at range or when you are unsure if you'll hit, use creeping barrage. Hold LMB and it will fire one turret at a time. This can be helpful to gauge the perfect aim if the enemy doesn't change course or speed and can also help to ensure some damage at longer ranged targets.

Goodluck

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
9 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

Or you can just use alternative battle interface and spare the trouble of pressing alt...

If he's wasding then you can try to predict how he turns and aim accordingly, that takes a fair amount of skill though.

At range, basic WASD plays hell with aimming. Only if they commit to a turn, then you can predict your shots. As for alt, I prefer using the alt button so it keeps me awake with one more simple thing to do

372 posts
10,104 battles
1 hour ago, FishyPower said:

At range, basic WASD plays hell with aimming. Only if they commit to a turn, then you can predict your shots. As for alt, I prefer using the alt button so it keeps me awake with one more simple thing to do

As I said above you need skill to predict how they will turn when you shoot.