You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainJohnBlood

Why are Asian servers full of non communicative players?

95 comments in this topic

26 posts

OK before I get a bunch of rude replies let me say this - I have been playing a lot of FPS type games for around 15 years and I have played America's Army , Battlefield , Medal of Honor , Counterstrike etc etc over many years and I have also been a clan leader of around 150 players - lots from Asia - Japan / S Korea / Singapore / Indonesia / New Zealand / Australia and then European and USA players. I am Australian.

In my time with other online games I have always found players very communicative and wanting to discuss strategy or giving commands so that in a team we follow a plan.

Unless I play on servers with some very strange happenings but I am so sick of starting a Random round by saying " OK team where do we go what's the plan" and the I get NO ANSWER.....

I try again and still no answer - so in 9 out of 10 games I usually just follow a bunch of people who have no game plan and see what happens 

It's become such a bad trend I am seriously considering giving up playing this game - there is something fundamentally wrong with this game when a team of 12 players have no communication and just play like a bunch of noobs or heroes in both cases the result is same ...zero...

I am keen to hear of others experiences because I cannot be the only person that notices this day in day out....Either WOW has something wrong with the communication by allowing players to message in their own language and that means the English speaking players are not able to communicate with players whose text is no being deciphered on the game chat .... and if this is the case then it's actually a massive negative to the "team gameplay" these online games are so famous for...

Edited by CaptainJohnBlood

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

there's no point in coordinating in this game unless it's "smoking the team", "im going to radar" "need AA" or stuff like that, having a "batle plan" dosnt work outside of competitive or high end rank matches

26 posts

Mate running a massive Battleship with 2 -3 destroyers randomly running around and laying smoke for their own use pretty much sums up the gameplay I am experiencing.

When I use my destroyer after I spot ships I always try and keep an eye on the main Battleships in my team to see if I can lay smoke in their path because they will bring the damage down to a level that my torpedoes are now going to finish the job... to me no plan means less chance to win... it doesnt have to be a ranked battle to teach people these game skills in fact it's in the Random and bot matches is where they should be learning their craft.

455 posts
8,038 battles

Yeah its kind of pointless to talk to random people because they wont be listening to your advice/request anyway. Unless you find someone you know or you are in a division, quick messages using f-keys is enough

455 posts
8,038 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

Mate running a massive Battleship with 2 -3 destroyers randomly running around and laying smoke for their own use pretty much sums up the gameplay I am experiencing.

When I use my destroyer after I spot ships I always try and keep an eye on the main Battleships in my team to see if I can lay smoke in their path because they will bring the damage down to a level that my torpedoes are now going to finish the job... to me no plan means less chance to win... it doesnt have to be a ranked battle to teach people these game skills in fact it's in the Random and bot matches is where they should be learning their craft.

Yeah you expect too much from random players lol. I've found EU players are more cooperative and play more as a team than ASIA. DDs even smoke you up when you need to fall back without saying a single word. But here everyone is a selfish lil tart who'd rather let the BB spot while they he spam from their own smoke.....30 m away

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

as we say here, "random battles" are just as their name suggests, random, everyone on the team has their own agenda skillset, language ect ect, and they neither know how good you are or trust you, why would they listen to you? unless you are in a well know clan and or a famous player

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
2 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Yeah you expect too much from random players lol. I've found EU players are more cooperative and play more as a team than ASIA. DDs even smoke you up when you need to fall back without saying a single word. But here everyone is a selfish lil tart who'd rather let the BB spot while they he spam from their own smoke.....30 m away

EU meta is more of "what is PTFO?", you saw how triggered jingles got here when he kept meeting smk HE spam divs at low tiers

and besides, didnt sub octavian say a while back that asia was the "most teamplay server"? NA, EU and RN should be worse

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

remember that asia is composed of many different languages so language barrier is a big prob here. also asia's gameplay is more of instinct gameplay, when a dd cap and when allies are in pinch, he will instinctively help and pop smoke, BB will help with push when a ca is trying to advance and etc but still there will be people that will do however they see fit and some without logical reason  

26 posts
23 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

as we say here, "random battles" are just as their name suggests, random, everyone on the team has their own agenda skillset, language ect ect, and they neither know how good you are or trust you, why would they listen to you? unless you are in a well know clan and or a famous player

Really ? a "well known or famous" player is going to awaken the dark dormant communicative senses of players I am playing with?? Really ??

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

it happens, but not in every match, it's just that more people are inclined to listen to what you have to say if the advice/ order/ whatever are given by a "respected member of the community"

159 posts
5,676 battles

I've stopped asking what the plan is long ago in radom battles. Sometimes you encounter someone in game who is offering a few tactics and usually if i'm close to them I'll work with them. The best solution is to find a clan or just have a whole bunch of friends so you can always division. Even if only three of you are actually coordinating it can make a big difference to the battle. Add me in game, I'll be happy to try something more strategic with you.

26 posts
39 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

I've stopped asking what the plan is long ago in radom battles. Sometimes you encounter someone in game who is offering a few tactics and usually if i'm close to them I'll work with them. The best solution is to find a clan or just have a whole bunch of friends so you can always division. Even if only three of you are actually coordinating it can make a big difference to the battle. Add me in game, I'll be happy to try something more strategic with you.

Happy to anytime , you are so right if 3 players just work a strategy it can make quite a difference - on the flip side I did see 3 clan members go to A and get absolutely smashed in less than 5 minutes leaving us all in C and B exposed to being flanked , which obviously happened and we lost. 

218 posts
3,788 battles

If there's a voice to text function in the game, I'll be more chatty. It's difficult to type a sentence when you're busy dodging shells and torps.

]Also, instead of F2-F12 quick button chat, we should use a pop up GUI. example, point the cursor at friendly DD, right click, a circular menu will appear with option like "please provide smoke cover", "request air cover" etc.

Super Tester
1,310 posts
1 minute ago, Puteralanun said:

If there's a voice to text function in the game, I'll be more chatty. It's difficult to type a sentence when you're busy dodging shells and torps.

]Also, instead of F2-F12 quick button chat, we should use a pop up GUI. example, point the cursor at friendly DD, right click, a circular menu will appear with option like "please provide smoke cover", "request air cover" etc.

actually

we CAN map those F command to our mouse

for example. i use mouse with back-forward button in the side (general cheap gaming mouse)

i map F3 into my mouse back button.

so i can just hover my mouse to something that i want then press that back button.

also community has been sugested the radial command (like in dota?) implemented into the game.

and dev said in some Q/A that they are considering to implement this into the game. we'll we just have to wait then. the dev is busy afterall.

250 posts
13,136 battles

Ok first, welcome to Asia server.
I'll elaborate the reasons why Asia server plebies tend to have no communication AT ALL.
- Language barrier people in Asia countries have this problems for long time. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa, Thai, Vietnam, Hindu, Arab and so many more, many of players lack of capability to proper communicate with English. this render you blindfold to any upcoming communications and no points to talk because they won't understand
- ASIA Nature this has to do with nature of real life of people in Asia countries.
They do thing on their own and will not listen to you because they will never trust any word you says.
They ignored chat under assumption of "My game, My play, I don't need anyone to tell me what to do".
They play cowardly because nature of Asian that they struggle to survive and live by any mean and they don't care others because they look for themselves only. aka competitive environment lead to selfish behavior.
- Lack of understanding So many players in Asia server generally do not know the core of this game "This is team game not individuals competition" that's mean people have no idea how to play team game and "Communication" is a key of team game. So, expect them to ignore any means of communications because they will not understand. F-key spam at least give them idea what to do (as if they care at all), just spam F-key until they respond.

Game itself has nothing to do with people passiveness and lack of communications. keep fighting bro :) 

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Asians tend to prefer to speak in their native language. The only Asians who seem to prefer speaking English are Singaporeans, at least from my experience, mostly because they were raised in an English speaking environment. Not so much for other Asian countries. Unfortunately there's really not much of an SG playerbase in WoWS, otherwise there would be regular cybercafe challenges there.

4 posts
1,407 battles

Some matches I am open to conversations, some matches I am too focused on the mini-map to see the chat, and some matches I really wish I knew what character was displayed in the chat rather than the mystery square.

For Domination and Epicenter matches I will chime in with where I am headed; in Standard Battles I generally ignore the chat and focus on the mini-map instead. But I still wish I knew what the mystery squares were saying in the chat thread.

1,105 posts
2 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

lol, i am playing CV and still spam chat.... a lot of typo is happen.

and YEAH, WHERE IS MY RADIAL COMMAND??

5 hours ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

Unless I play on servers with some very strange happenings but I am so sick of starting a Random round by saying " OK team where do we go what's the plan" and the I get NO ANSWER.....

there we go buddy, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO COMMANDING EM! dont ask what plan to do.

and dont forget to play CV :V

sometimes there is a player who listen and doing teamwork..... but not everyone. and the bots.....

THE BOTS IS EXIST :V 

AND THEY ARE REAL! [submit x file theme here]

1,333 posts
8,817 battles

Well like others have said, there is the language barrier. Not everyone in Asia knows English, and those who do may not be confident or competent enough to use it. Apart from Anzac and Singapore, most Asians do not speak English as their first language.

I find the F-keys are good enough for the most part. You can try suggesting where to go at the start of the battle but don't be surprised if half the team don't listen to you because chances they did not understand a word you just said.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

What is this.... we always communicate, we use neural link. No need to write or speak at all. Our minds are always in sync.

Jokes aside, its true what some other people already said. You don't need that much communication for this game. Its not easy to write at the same time you are playing (doing extreme WASD or Unltra Super Late Braking). Believe it or not, you have to analyze your team member's movement and predict what they are going to do, and plan  accordingly. Or play some ship class which is less reliant on team, like US DD, long range cruisers, etc.

However, I suggest you keep trying even though you get no response, at high tiers, you will get a good response.