Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Incoming Fire Alert

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
221 posts
4,002 battles

Let say I fired at enemy ship without locking on it first. If the enemy captain has the IFA skill. Will this shot trigger it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
341
Member
1,313 posts
5,972 battles

no, this skill require target-lock to trigger

 

when you locked enemy but fire way behind like... 100% miss, locked enemy still get a warning.

even if you fire at unlock target to fool IFA skill, there'll be huge dispersion penalty.

(I did try, but system still 'force' to lock target closet to center cross-hair anyway.)

Edited by PGM991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[1-ATF]
Beta Tester
907 posts
4,415 battles
19 hours ago, PGM991 said:

no, this skill require target-lock to trigger

 

when you locked enemy but fire way behind like... 100% miss, locked enemy still get a warning.

even if you fire at unlock target to fool IFA skill, there'll be huge dispersion penalty.

(I did try, but system still 'force' to lock target closet to center cross-hair anyway.)

 

If you really want, pretty X right before you fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,795
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,180 battles
3 hours ago, FishyPower said:

 

If you really want, pretty X right before you fire

 

Doesn't make any difference. IFA only triggers if shell travel time is longer than certain amount (target has to be pretty far away). The moment you press X and shoot, if your shell travel time satisfies, the IFA bulb will be turned on, which is the whole point of the skill. You can then press X to deselect, it wont matter.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[LUOMU]
Super Tester
1,417 posts
10,317 battles

I think if you try to blind shot a RN CL inside his smoke, he can still get INCOMING alert.

But the best trick is to division a Minotaur, so he can totally jam the alert with rapid fire.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,319 posts
12,784 battles
8 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

Doesn't make any difference. IFA only triggers if shell travel time is longer than certain amount (target has to be pretty far away). The moment you press X and shoot, if your shell travel time satisfies, the IFA bulb will be turned on, which is the whole point of the skill. You can then press X to deselect, it wont matter.

should be more than 6 second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[LYNMF]
Member
191 posts
11,511 battles

Was it applied to any primary armament shells flying at your direction? Regardless of whether the shooter locked to you or to allied ship near you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,795
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,180 battles
11 hours ago, Exiled_Gundam said:

Was it applied to any primary armament shells flying at your direction? Regardless of whether the shooter locked to you or to allied ship near you?

 

@PGM991 already answered that above

On 6/28/2017 at 10:55 PM, PGM991 said:

no, this skill require target-lock to trigger

 

when you locked enemy but fire way behind like... 100% miss, locked enemy still get a warning.

even if you fire at unlock target to fool IFA skill, there'll be huge dispersion penalty.

(I did try, but system still 'force' to lock target closet to center cross-hair anyway.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×