You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Salt Season is up for Rank Battles

85 comments in this topic

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

*Hint Hint*

Since Tier VI Random Battles starting in July, there goes my Popcorn :Smile_popcorn:

And we all know who's getting saltier just to take another Jolly Roger Flag again! :cap_book:

l4xkDJo.gif 

Post your best rant here, no Angery rant allowed

PSA: Langley, Bogue, Independence, Ranger, Saratoga (Lexington), Yorktown (Essex) and Midway are getting the Beta Loadouts back as well as adding Armor Piercing Bombs. REJOICE! :cap_like:, Rain those AP Bombs at those whiny BBabies

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

112 posts
1,553 battles

BETA LOADOUTS :O What does this mean:?

I wasn't here for beta, could some wonderful person please inform me of what this might mean for these ships :3?

As for ships, I'll probably take my Ernast Gaede out this ranked. It has some intersting quirks that make it fun to play and extremly tankey for a destroyer :3 I havn't quite got the same feeling from my Perth however :/

1,842 posts
8,112 battles
9 minutes ago, Dire_Venom said:

BETA LOADOUTS :O What does this mean:?

I wasn't here for beta, could some wonderful person please inform me of what this might mean for these ships :3?

As for ships, I'll probably take my Ernast Gaede out this ranked. It has some intersting quirks that make it fun to play and extremly tankey for a destroyer :3 I havn't quite got the same feeling from my Perth however :/

[Slight Off Topic]

Independence - Midway has this Carrier Loadouts since Close Beta, seems like they want to get rid of the BB Population

So back in the topic, Ernst Gaede is good against DDs because she has Hydrocaust search

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles

Image result for oh boi spongebob

Where do we start... I've got way too much salt to dump. It all began with me and my Anshan. In respect for the game, my teammates and the opponents I may meet, I decided to mount some flags and signals. So looking into my collection of flags, I wondered what I should use. My beta tester flag? Nah, too common, the CNY flag with the big Chinese character for "Fortune" written on it? Nah, I'm a skillful player, I don't need no fortune. I'd take some fortune cookies though, those things are delicious. And I spied the "Taiwan Navy Flag". Oh boi was I excited, I was gonna be unique, putting in effort to pick out a Taiwan Navy Flag for my PLAN Anshan. I then decided to load up some signals cause I wanted to give my best in the ranked battles. So I loaded up "Papa Papa" "Zulu Hotel" "Equal Speed Charlie London" "India Bravo Terrathree" "Zulu" "India Delta" "Mike Yankee Soxisix" and lastly, the ultra rare flag "Juliet Charlie". Now I was confident to go into battle and right before I clicked the "Battle" button, I remembered I didn't have the right torpedo, so I went back and selected the "533mm 53-38". Now I usually mount prem consummerable, but I know that this will be a "Gentleman's War" so I went in and removed all the premium consumables. Lastly, as this is a fight of skills, so I recruited a brand new captain to ensure I wasn't gonna be a little cheat, fighting with unnecessary buffs.

And I clicked it. I clicked the "Battle" button

Upon loading into the battle, I saw a Farragut. I was about to say hi to him and maybe coordinate a plan with him, then I saw it. I saw the "Jolly Roger" flag. He is getting hijacked by pirates! So as per the "Gentleman's Code", I fired a salvo off into the distance as a salute and sunk his boat to ensure it doesn't fall into the enemies' hand. Just as I was choking back tears over the loss of a fellow brother, telling myself I did what I had to do. The chat box lit up. All sorts of messages came pouring in from all my teammates. Those barbarians, absolutely barbaric calling me rude things that I shall not repeat, with the mildest ones being "Noob" and "Retard" I was tempted to teach them a lesson about the "Gentleman's Code" but I knew I had to do more in light of unfortunate events. So I popped my speed boost and charged out into the unknown, looking to devastate the enemy.

Ah hah! I spotted a Warspite off in the distance. So I did the unthinkable, I fired my guns. I needed to more damage than usual, so I had no choice. Normally, I try to stealth torp DDs to fulfill my anti-DD role. I was rusty, but I managed to get some hits. Non-penetrations, but I'm sure I had rattled it's crew. Gave them PTSD and knocked them out of the battle. Just as I was about to rush forward and do my "Close range torpedo combat" one of the nicer players pinged something that I presume equals to swear words and typed into the chat box "I slow". So I took initiative and abandoned my torpedo run to go help out my teammate like the team player I am. All the things I do. So I started pushing him with my boat, ignoring the damage I was getting. You gotta make sacrifices you know. The guy was spamming the swear word ping and so I told him "The thank you button is F4, and you're welcome ^^"

Then I turned pink.

So I went to white chat to thank command for recognizing my contributions to the team. Then I realized that a Fubuki was straying off without support. I pinged his location on the map and alerted him through the chat. "Fubuki, stop! You got no support, the team is heading off to the other flank!" Suddenly, a received a lot of "Thank you" messages in the chat along with some swearing that I once again will not repeat as they are coarse and rude. By now, we leading in points but down to me and the Fubuki who was on low health. The enemy left with a Bayern and a AS Independence and was capturing a capture point so I decided to take one for the team. "Fubuki, camp. Don't die" This was my last words and I headed forward to kill the Bayern that was on 5k hitpoints. I used my engine boost again so I could close the distance faster. The Bayern had his turrets pointed the other way, so I knew I could make a torpedo run and kill him. At 7.0km, his secondary guns open fired at me. But I am skilled and so I started to maneuver to dodge the secondary fire. With the help of the engine boost, I close to 3+ km with about half of my health and then I spotted the enemy Independence. It was right past the Bayern, about 10km away. So I decided that since it was right past the Bayern, I was gonna get close and run past the Bayern at close range to save time and to guarantee my torpedoes will all hit the Bayern and kill him. So I brushed pasted the Bayern with precision at 0.1km and fired my torps. I typed "You ain't gonna dodge this and guess what? I live" To my horror. The torpedoes were duds! "Made in China goods :Smile-angry:" To my horror, the Bayern that should have been dead was still chipping away at my 1k+ hp. So I decided that I had to make the best out of it and started to fire my guns. I took about 3k damage off the Bayern before I was killed by his main guns at 200hp. I was about the apologize to the team for not carrying hard enough and at this moment, the Fubuki killed the Bayern with a salvo of HE rounds! Hell yeah, my sacrifice was worth it. Eventually, we won the battle and I got a lot of reports from my team and well as some complements from the enemy team. I didn't pay much attention to the reports as I knew it was a price that a unicum has to pay. Looking at the team results, I saw I was at the bottom of the list and I told myself "Someone has to do the background work, or we wouldn't have succeeded"

Still, the penalty to my credits and experience was a bit much, thus I making me decide to share my story and rant a little. I know that you have to make sacrifices for the great good, but I am still a human with emotions that I need to vent.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

best rant? you mean i have to choose?

I can accept any salt of any quality.

And if you wouldn't mind sharing your discord voice comm during ranked for me to mine it from you. :Smile_trollface:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

i'll prob "stream" the first night the ranked season on discord VC, if there's anyone who wants to try their luck at mining the salt there i wouldn't mind

[LBAS]
164 posts
3,932 battles

I have been grinding up my Farragut, Fubuki and Arizona captains in preparation for the rank battles. First year in the game, so I'm looking forward to this.

Of course, I've only been playing 3 months, so this is going to be hilarious when people go off on me for making mistakes.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

i'll prob "stream" the first night the ranked season on discord VC, if there's anyone who wants to try their luck at mining the salt there i wouldn't mind

Looking forward to it.

PM'ing discord a/c at that day would be nice. :cap_book:

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

Since this is a tier 6 Ranked, my salt cupboard right now is bare. :Smile_hiding:

We'll see when it starts tomorrow. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Some napkin expected value math:

From rank 12 to rank 1, you need a total of 51 stars since there will be no free stars anywhere in this season. Which means, you need 51 more wins than losses to rank out. Assuming the worst that you will not ever lose a game with top exp, the math is 2*WR-100, that is the number of expected stars per 100 game. And here is the table for certain WR:

Win Rate 2*WR-100 (Stars per 100 games) Expect to rank out in:
51 2 2550 Games
52.5 5 1020 Games
55 10 510 Games
60 20 255 Games
65 30 170 Games

Of course, staying at the top will really help out, but that is not something we can really count on, especially for those in the low-50s. Ensure you have enough salt reserve for the next 30 days.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

372 posts
10,107 battles
53 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

But super league is tier 8 right ?

No one's gonna play superleague...

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
2 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

No one's gonna play superleague...

oh there will be CN or JP unicums who sync drop for keks, but not too many

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

im salty now

bit of back story for the screenshots im posting below.

so the match is hotspot domination, i was playing my montana expecting to have a nice decent game, i was ever so wrong

the first thing that happened in that match was... a DC, yep, i loaded in about 3 minets after the match started, since the DDs on both teams decided to have a smoke camp bitch fest in B, so since i spawned close to it i decided to move close to them to support them(look ma, im a CA) i got almost to the edge of the B cap when out of no where a Z46 pops out of the smoke (i did some advanced torpedobeats and dodged his torps earliier so i know he isnt a threat), and i went [Content removed] on his ass, and the result... well see for yourself

shot-17_06.27_21_21.28-0862.thumb.jpg.1a8b1ef4c8ccc5f4100003da9116f84c.jpg

off to a great start, hue

then i looked a bit farther away, and lo and behold there's a broadsideing missouri sailing backwards at 13km, oh well too bad they made the citadel underwater now or iholy sweet mother or rng what the hell was that

shot-17_06.27_21_21.57-0569.thumb.jpg.85723cb9749add4c5971af886c0aa384.jpg

"we have buffed iowa/missouri/montana's citadel to make them more idiot proof hurr durrr"

(but you cant buff brains)

right, so after that i sailed off to C, while i was on my way to the outer side of the islands i took a few potshots at their minotaur(citadel +1), morgami(there's a reason that mogamis are best food for BB') and then proceeded to brawl with their GK at the out side of A, as i was brawling i realized, that not only was our [Content removed]  the last DD alive, he was going  up the one line shadowing the GK i was already killing when we had 0 caps. ok, so we have no caps, that's bad, and i know their gearing is inside of A, so i swung back around to A and DSed him(he was really stupid), but got killed too in the process, i dont regret it since my HP was too low to kill any of their remaining DDs.

shot-17_06.27_21_34.36-0128.thumb.jpg.7cf460bec290e3196226042453580cd7.jpg

now i do admit i have made some mistakes during the match which costed me a lot of my HP, but i can very legitly say i have done everything i can for the team, there's just one thing i dont understand

shot-17_06.27_21_38.44-0581.thumb.jpg.5376904953562c226839f44f46615bef.jpg

Why in the world do I have to get straddled with a shit team like this? I killed their z46 at the very beginning of the battle, practally dsed their missouri, brawled their gk , killed their mogami, heavily damaged their hipper, dsed their gearing and they still somehow managed to throw the match like this? If they want to throw so much cant they fugging throw themselves off a cliff and be done with it? Do they have any idea how painful it is when you lose a match where you have not only scored 200k damage, but also dsed the enemy team's only 2 dds. Bullied half the enemy's cas and crippled 2 high battleships? This isnt even at the level of back pain from carrying too hard anymore, this is the entire team becoming a collective tumor which has embedded itself in my spine and is slowing killing me from the inside, the best part of this whole match was when I saw that our shima went all the way to godforsaken a1 on the mini-mapto chase after fairies because obviously he has the mental capacity of a [Content removed]  and has [Content removed]  to show for it

[Content removed] 

rant over.

Discussion/Linking Illegal/Inappropriate, Post edited, User already warned

~Fridaynight_FEVER