Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Quasinerdo

CoOp AI needs adjusting

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

Hi,

I want to use the CoOp games as a means of practicing strategy as well as learning the interface (eg carrier). I'd like WG to change it so that the AI directs the toughest and biggest ships into the far corner of the map or behind islands where they can't engage the enemy. Friendly destroyers should be torpedoing allies (where AI controlled to fill the team) and must definitely never move quickly to uncap the enemy team. No AI ships should ever provide support fire to a team mate.

I believe these changes would help simulate the random battles and assist players in preparing for PVP on the SEA server :). If the player base change their style in time perhaps the AI could be modified to reflect that.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

if you have participated in the Beta Weekends before, you'll notice a drastic change of AI.....it became more........superior...

(like for example, before, ships with torps will only launch them from afar, and too stupid enough to hit you.....now? if you are a bit close enough and you are having a tunnel vision on using your main guns, AI is a sniveling ***tard and will launch torps at close range)

:honoring:

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

You forget. Best knowledge comes with experience. After getting stomped 100 times by A.T you may be able to hold out and stomp others. If your on during the weekend (Aussie time) and I'm online feel free to DP with me and I'll turn you into a CV pro ;)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Coop mode is meant to be battle friendly to new players.

If you're asking for more challenge from coop mode, then go for random battle instead.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

And then there's this one bot in the map that drives his boat in reverse and gets stuck on the end of the map, it's really lulz :D

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

The AI in CoOp mode currently is the same with the mindset of plebs (especially those BB that are cowering in the rear, and those people who are complaining about torps)...

if you plebs are complaning about the OP'ness of torps, and how to deal with cowering ***b BB's, I suggest you plebs play on this mode, and not on the Random Battles, at least less incompetent players for MM to match up, and at least it won't end up on my team...-_-

:honoring:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

And then there's this one bot in the map that drives his boat in reverse and gets stuck on the end of the map, it's really lulz :D

I think of that as "Oh look, free exp for me" or what Knogu-chan will say "Zenhomon , FIRE !"

Beta Tester
1 post
391 battles

Also, AI ships seem to not be able to see you. I've been hit by torpedoes launched by friendly AI ships, which completely boggles my mind

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Also, AI ships seem to not be able to see you. I've been hit by torpedoes launched by friendly AI ships, which completely boggles my mind

Funny, I get that in randoms, mind boggled.

Sign in to follow this