You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

29 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

Would Wargaming by any chance ever make a new port concept where instead of viewing each ship individually, you can park selected ships of your overall fleet on a map, and then the camera pans to the ship, whichever it is, when you selected it in the carousel?

Would be cool to have a Pearl Habour port and line up all my battleships there.

But the devs are probably fixing other important stuff (please balance CV airwings properly!) :Smile_ohmy:

Any other good ideas for Ports? Everybody pls throw in your two cents.

Also, if features for weather (sunny, rainy) time of the day (e.g night, day, sunset) in port could also be added to the existing ports, that would also be nice.

Right now I think the St. Petersburg port is the most beautiful.

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

I'd like to propose Scapa Flow as a port. In which the entire High Sea Fleet sinks slowly in grace at the distance.

SMS_Bayern_sinking.jpg

btw as a German Crusier captain I must suggest Kiel and Wilhelmhaven

Kiel-aerial-recon1.jpg

Edited by 9mm1n

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,931 battles

Scarpa Flow would be nice.......

But lets face it, you could make a case for most major Harbour Cities.....

I can certainly see the distinctive ones, such as Rio, Sydney, Hong Kong, New York, Singapore etc. being valid. Got something distinctive to stick in the background? There you go.

However, while backgrounds are awesome, I think I'd prefer if rather than have a half dozen guys making new harbours, I'd prefer them working on new non-premium ship lines such as British Destroyers, Russian Battleships, British Aircraft Carriers, Empire Fleet Cruisers, Dutch ships, French Destroyers and Battleships, The entire Italian Lineup, etc.

Lets face it, Ports are a lot of fun, but new ships is where the bread and butter is....

Of course, if they then had Premium Ports........thats a different story. Though, I'm not sure how that would work. What would the difference between a premium port and a regular one be?

415 posts
10,918 battles

I would like to be able to set a different port for each ship ... English ships on the Thames, US ships in Hawaii, IJN ships in Zipangu, Soviet ship in St Petersburg etc 

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

Those front line ports would be nice

Japan - Rabaul, Truk, Singapore

US - Espiritu Santo, and maybe that mobile drydock,  USS Artisan

RN - Scapa flow, Malta, Alexandria

Kreigsmarine - all Kreigsmarine Germany, France and Norway naval base 

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles
On 6/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, FinbarAu said:

Of course, if they then had Premium Ports........thats a different story. Though, I'm not sure how that would work. What would the difference between a premium port and a regular one be?

You have to have a premium account to use a premium port. Probably has features not included on regular ports like how in Dry Dock, the camera pans to a different part of the port as you select ships of different classes.

Hawaii used to be a premium port too, but I didn't see any unique thing in it. Maybe except the fact you are in a Pearl Harbor-esque port.

Edited by EJL

1,490 posts

I want a port where I can see my mothballed rarely used sunken fleet in the background.... & a scrapper's pier where I can see my sold ships getting scrapped.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Ironbottom Sound with full of wreck around and remain of my ship in it the the eternal rest, and add some tragedy bmg too maximum my saltiness :Smile_hiding:

Or bloody Bikini Atoll with the nuke in background:Smile_teethhappy:

157 posts
4,084 battles
On 6/30/2017 at 11:10 AM, Thorhorsemen said:

Fleet Base West aka HMAS Stirling on Garden Island. It was a WWII base and is infested with Tiger snakes.

I would have thought that as a Western Australian you would have preferred Cockburn Sound.

[_AUS_]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,731 battles
On ‎1‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, darkflame88 said:

I would have thought that as a Western Australian you would have preferred Cockburn Sound.

Garden Island is the western boundary of Cockburn Sound, so I can have both.