You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GRADAN31

Which Crosshair are you using?

27 comments in this topic

260 posts
4,649 battles

I have been using dynamic crosshair for quite some time already, and I am still finding it a bit difficult to use compared to static. I changed from static because:

1. A "fixed" scale regardless of zoom. (scale with respect to landscape is the same)

2. A challenge for myself.

Still practising and finding the feeling (use the force), because I don't have time to do the calculation (see spoilers) on-the-fly. So what crosshair are you using?

Spoiler

64 posts
3,175 battles

Yeah I changed to the Type 7 when it became available. The angular lines are definitely good utility, but given enough battles you tend to pick up a feel for picking up the opponent's movement and relative position anyway and it starts mattering less.

260 posts
4,649 battles
14 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Static type 7, sort of looks like spider web. It helps you with ships sailing away or towards you in an angle. You just match the angular line and shoot.

Just now, phutev said:

Yeah I changed to the Type 7 when it became available. The angular lines are definitely good utility, but given enough battles you tend to pick up a feel for picking up the opponent's movement and relative position anyway and it starts mattering less.

I tried this before I switched to dynamic, and I got more confused by it instead (not enough battle to practice is also another problem).

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I go for 7, easier to aim when using spotter aircraft, and at longer distances against angled ships.

440 posts
3,379 battles

I used to pick the spider web one, but then I found the dynamic one to be more comfortable to use 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

At the end, it is the same as torp prediction, you don't solely rely on crosshair scales anymore. You do a lot of prediction stuffs.

But for dynamic, I don't like that fact that it changes based on what ship you use. Its like I have to adapt everytime I change ship. Thats a lot of trouble for me.

Edited by icy_phoenix

496 posts
4,166 battles

static type 9
the dots help especially sniping

im sniping literally on my zao but well what can u do when people can shoot faster than u anyways :\ 
but yea i use static type 9  the dots help me aim and there are alot of lines for me to refer for distance, angle etc etc especially ships taht are moving away

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I got better after I learned to use the dynamic crosshair. Quite dangerous when the dynamic crosshair has spider web.

Can hit destroyer from 8km with cruiser and battleships, as long as with correct prediction of enemy's path.

1,125 posts

I try change cross hairs several times but it's throw off my aim since scale number on each cross-hair is different

so... I stick with dynamic cross-hair that I used to it most.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
18 hours ago, _Halcyon said:

Am I the only one preferring the static type 6?

Nope, I also use the type 6, I find all I need to aim well is a horizontal line and a centre point.  Everything else is just unnecessary.

[ATLAS]
50 posts
10,437 battles

Type 8 static, the spider webs really help when shooting with spotter plane,

260 posts
4,649 battles

I noticed a lot of dynamic users like me from this post, and spider web also.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:56 PM, icy_phoenix said:

At the end, it is the same as torp prediction, you don't solely rely on crosshair scales anymore. You do a lot of prediction stuffs.

But for dynamic, I don't like that fact that it changes based on what ship you use. Its like I have to adapt everytime I change ship. Thats a lot of trouble for me.

I did not really notice that it changes for every ship, I thought it was fixed at 21.6knots.

23 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Don't use crosshair just draw lines on your screen for MLG accuracy

Haha!:cap_like:

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Dynamic crosshair all the way.

It's easier to communicate the targeting numbers when in a group - firing at one ship, declaring "firing at X with lead of 5", allows for a team to better concentrate accurate fire against a target.

What needs to happen is a Dynamic Crosshair with angled lines, rather than just the horizontal line only.

Tee