CaptainJohnBlood

Why attain X G.KURFURST when all you do is lose credits ?

73 comments in this topic

26 posts

Sorry to say but to achieve the X G. KURFURST is now with mixed emotions because all I do is lose credits.

For instance before I even start a game I lose :

135,000 IN SERVICE CREDITS

19,500 IN AMMUNITION SUPPLY 

7,500 IN CAMOUFLAGE AUTO-SUPPLY

That is a GRAND TOTAL of 162,000 CREDITS before I even shoot a shell.......

Sorry but I am not getting this game because I play 2 rounds and I lose sometimes over 200,000 in credits .... Unless I am playing on a different planet to everyone else then getting this ship has been a total nightmare and not worth keeping.

What do others think ?

Edited by CaptainJohnBlood

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

It is to force you to play lower tier to earn credits or buy their premium offers.

Either way , tier X is for pure enjoyment , not grinding so losing credits are not a main concern.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Sounds like you are not running a prem account.

WG has intended T10 to be a credit sink unless the player is "highly skilled" if no credit bonuses are used on said T10 ships.

683 posts
7,332 battles

First of all, congratulations for getting GK :) it's a nice ship.

Actually, all high tier ships (9, 10) are actually have high maintenance cost in which earning credits is not easy anymore. As far as I know it's meant to populate the lower tiers as players will have to go back to their good old low.mid.tier ships.which.they are comfortable with.

To overcome  the high repair cost of tier x, you either do extremely well in them, or you will need premium time and premium camo combined, and thus making players much higher chance of striking balance, and even learn a bunch of credits.

26 posts

I agree its quite an achievement getting a Tier X Battleship but where are the rewards WOW ?

My last battle in Random was pretty much a even result on my credits - if I did worse then I just lose them hand and fist.

Yes I agree its making me playing my destroyer and lower class ships to get my credits back but come on after playing long hours to achieve this ship it feels like I have been robbed.

Here is a screenshot from my recent battle.

shot-17_06.24_03_11.46-0358.thumb.jpg.ae790d19971332c31957160b974c90af.jpg

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The high maintenance cost is to prevent overpopulation on tier 10

Which makes a lot of sense

They dont want all experienced player ended up at tier 10 only, or 9

And make all lower tier just as stepping stone

Edited by Harpoon01

26 posts

I don't think people are getting my point - even if I play Random battles my starting point is that I am 160,000 credits behind so unless I have a good game every round ( and I am human I will have bad rounds ) its not much fun playing this Battleship

191 posts
10,626 battles

Just get the premium camo as well. Did that to my Yamato and I only making loss if sunk without getting any ribbons (*cough*detonation*cough*) and lost the game

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles
28 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Simply dont use tier 10 or 9 as Credit grinding

It just wont work

Tell that to all the idiots playing T10 with prem camo. 

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
13 minutes ago, stratmania said:

Tell that to all the idiots playing T10 with prem camo. 

Pre camo just bring it down to tier 8 level of earn /loss, u still lose credits big time if you screw up or use lots of pre consumables 

381 posts
9,957 battles

I play a t10 ship because I like its features, not because of its maintenance cost. I never thought about potential credit loss for once. If you have premium account (no other bonuses) it is fairly easy to earn a 80k+ net profit at t10 which is pretty reasonable imo. WG have to keep the lower tier populated as well.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

I don't think people are getting my point - even if I play Random battles my starting point is that I am 160,000 credits behind so unless I have a good game every round ( and I am human I will have bad rounds ) its not much fun playing this Battleship

WG needs to make money hence the expensive cost, prem camo and prem account

you want to keep on playing this tier and dont wanna lose credit? buy prem camo and prem account even that you need to perform well in a match

treat it as your trophy ship, go in play have some fun and dont bother how much credit you lose..if this bothers you dont play this tier

this game is free to play so you must understand WG in some ways need to make money

372 posts
10,097 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

Yes Ralph I was doing that , but just to get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of the ship first before I play Randoms.

Then why the hell did you post that picture?

1,333 posts
8,823 battles

Repair costs at the high tiers are expensive on purpose. It is to encourage you to buy Premium time and Premium ships.

Also it is part of their plan to ensure players keep on playing the lower tiers, so there are always players around for newbies to get into a match with.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

that is the point, WG dont want overpopulation at T10 and the way they clear the crop is by having high maintance costs that forces a player to either A: farm in a low tier(prem), B use premium account, C buy prem camp, or D, gid gud and preform well enough to break even

496 posts
4,163 battles

the game have a system to prevent players from literally play top tiers continuously , they need more players from the top tier to player mid tiers so there is atleast some population that knows about top tier

well missouri is cash grinder xD
its pretty much asking me why i keep playing tier 10
my zao games are like 50% of them actually losing money
you can make and grind money in top tier but lets just say its hell trying because you can get LOLPEN at the start and rip 200+k credits without doing anything(happens)

So best place to grind money is literally mid tiers cuz they garentee profit anyways if every1 can play tier 10 after they reach there well there will be no1 in mid tiers cuz each tier higher the ships becomes better

unless u want to lock urself in tier 4 safe MM zone but still u get to fight tier 5 ocasionally

435 posts
6,169 battles

Once again backwards logic from WG or more to the point, accounting logic.

Too many players give-up with high tier 10 costs. WG should be keeping players involved in the game at all levels including tier 10 and if it was more accommodating players would grind more ships, thus populating lower tiers.  

At the moment WG is trying to oppress tier 10  to channel us into lower tiers instead of rewarding us so we can promote more ships. WG just needs to believe!

OP, you not alone, even Shimakaze torps cost 1000 credits each or 15000 per salvo. With my G.Kurfurst I could only maintain a credit balance but a skill I had to acquirer and only when I was crème de la crème.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

85 posts
18 hours ago, CaptainJohnBlood said:

Sorry to say but to achieve the X G. KURFURST is now with mixed emotions because all I do is lose credits.

For instance before I even start a game I lose :

135,000 IN SERVICE CREDITS

19,500 IN AMMUNITION SUPPLY 

7,500 IN CAMOUFLAGE AUTO-SUPPLY

That is a GRAND TOTAL of 162,000 CREDITS before I even shoot a shell.......

Sorry but I am not getting this game because I play 2 rounds and I lose sometimes over 200,000 in credits .... Unless I am playing on a different planet to everyone else then getting this ship has been a total nightmare and not worth keeping.

What do others think ?

I have Yamato with Prem Account and Top Level Camo which reduces servicing cost, have always earnt more credits than paid during Random Battles