Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
brano_2

world of carriers?

8 comments in this topic

6 posts
306 battles

finally made it to tier 5, bit of a struggle considering im to tight to pay for gold, but honestly its just a bit to overpriced WOT's is fair and makes it seem a little more enticing and i have spent a pretty penny on that game. 

now that im tier 5 it seems 90% of battles have 2 carriers... this is a real turn off for me, 1 is a pain in the a$$ let alone 2 and i was wondering what everyone else thinks. below are my views from a new player perspective and some possible ideas to nerf/even the playing fields.

matchups are overwhelmed by carriers numbers like 15 carriers, 6 battleships, 4 cruisers, 6 destroyers. makes me think carriers  are easy money.

90% matches are carrier x2 ////////maybe lock this so its 1 carrier per match.

my last match before this rant, 2 carriers wiping a whole team with torp strikes x3 each made for a mess of 3-5 torps each plane then x 6 planes. killing any ship they targeted and 2 times 2 at once. this even had the players on their side complaining because they didn't get to barely shoot anything.

they are fast, hard to find, and the closer you get the more frequent they strike you. not only that they can spot almost everyone on the map within 2 mins of match start.///////// slow em down, make them as spottable as BB's. reduce spotting range unless they have a spotter plane out, add range to torp bombers depoyment (they are dropped point blank and even most DD's don't get a chance to avoid unless they know its coming. or even enlarge or have a cool down (pilot fatigue) after a few sorties, where they have to rest or they fly with a handicap making them easyier to kill with AA or 50% less acurate.

almost every match ends with carriers on top 1200+ xp.

AA does almost nothing to higher tier making any mods to counter a last option. ////////////// make AA more accurate or damage inflicting so strikes on heavier ships will cost.

i dunno but honestly me and my friends are new but its quickly becoming painful playing a game to just sail round dodging torps until your overwhelmed in the end. 1 friend has given up so far and im close to force quitting if 2 carriers are in a match because its just to painful spending a match watching AA fail and trying to dodge the cris cross of torps point blank on your bow.

id like to see what other players think, are carriers to O.P

or 2x carrier to much?

is it fine and its just a noob problem? if so solutions other than hide in the corner until hopefully someone kills 1 off.

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,191 battles

Tier 5 CVs are special:ZUIHO's plane is Tier 6(Same as Ryujo,the Tier 6 IJN CV);Bogue's FT,though Tier 5,is more powerful than IJN's Tier 6 FT.

Well that's acceptable because there's no manual drop until Tier 6(But then you'll have access to defensive AA)

Just take catapult FT(if you have),and pay attention to minimap.If you see a torp bomber,get alerted and ready to bow on(head towards) it in order to avoid torp.

6 posts
306 battles

yea i have no problems with keeping an eye out and turning into torps planes as they come in, its the 3 torp planes in 3 different directions there is no dodging,

its a see how little you can be hit by which it seems 3 good hits is enough to put a BB at the bottom. up until 5 we weren't seeing 2 carriers and it was good.

actually fun to have that third sense watching and dodging sneaky planes while in a fight, but once tier 4-5 (our current tier) its become not a dodging game but a hide behind main fleet in hope someone else wears the brunt

of the 8-16 torps criss cross pattern. then x2 for each carrier by the time ships spot each other half the fleet is wounded or dead. 

159 posts
5,692 battles

If you're getting hit by three different torpedo squadrons then the two carriers are actually coordinating which is impressive - I've not often encountered that in games. Personally I don't have a problem with two carriers per team. especially when someone choses to go in a strike setup in Bogue, you need to have that second carrier so your team at least gets one squadron of fighters. If you aren't a fan of aircraft attacks then play the US cruiser line and wait till you get to tier 6, then carriers will avoid you like the plague, or be foolish enough to send a few squadrons your way so you can wipe them out.

162 posts
3,324 battles

If you can shoot down their planes they become nothing more than fat pinatas to be whacked and farmed for damage
Especially in t5-6 when their hangar size is relatively limited

8 posts
1,469 battles

I think you just need to learn some evasive Technics. Here is some tips, when you see a torpedo squadron coming for you, turn the front of ur ship to face the incoming planes. ur tier 5 so they do not have manual drop which is a blessing. Just point the nose of ur ship to the attacking wave and if they drop u can dodge pretty easily. If not they will waste time re circling and this gives ur AA guns more time to work them down. It also helps if u piroity target the squadron for ur AA gunners. Just hold down control and click on the incoming squad. This will boost ur AA effectiveness abit.

If you see planes coming from 2 different directions, pick one side and focus on dodging it. When in a pincer attack, there usually no way of getting through unscathed unless ur really lucky. Hope this helps. And no, Aircraft Carriers do NOT need further nerfing. Good day.

Edited by Patton160

Sign in to follow this