Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

WOWs's matchmaking sucks,and compensate mechanism should be introduced

19 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles

It is not uncommon for players to meet noob teammates and suffer continuous lost rounds(my record was 18)

Where's wrong with the matchmaking?It only consider the Tier of the ships,rather than players skills,so it's not rare to see rounds like this

201705291495993366592b0c16410d3.thumb.png.a91259735563ee9c4b410c5d9d018468.png

It's frustrating,besides, having a noob team isn't the player's fault,the matchmaking system should take the blame.

BTW though the problem is objective and anyone spotted it has the right to point that out,no matter he is a supertester or a noob,my K/D is 0.71,though not high but at least not too bad.Besides,I sometimes can carry,for instance:

111111.thumb.PNG.cc21d413c77817f9e023df60833bb1b9.PNG

(Actually in this round we got a narrow escape from lose,our KAGA has no plane and AKATSUKI dying,we win by point)

I put it forward just to prove I'm not simply venting my emotion,this problem really EXISTS.

BTW as for the noob teammates themselves,they may also get frustrated if they keep losing,especially newbies.Everyone starts from newbies,and must practice a lot to become skillful.However,if they get frustrated by continuous losses owing to the matchmaking system that consider nothing apart from Tiers,how can they keep fighting?And how can this game attract more new players,to get 30k players in the server so adding a new mode will not dilute players?

Therefore,it's better to matchmake by win rate,and give players who suffer continuous losses(6 rounds or more)some comfort(such as +30% exp or + 10000 credits next round,no matter win or lose)

Edited by Kim_JongMion

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
2 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

It is like telling Obama about his Medical Care being suck then Complain about the compesation

The biggest problem of matchmaking is,it only consider the Tier and type of ships,regardless of the players skills,so it's not uncommon to see a team of skillful players beating another team of noobs.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
Just now, stratmania said:

Difference being that he did not lose 18 games in a row. Bob is a good player...

But sometimes,the matchmaking IS that weird,otherwise I won't come here and complain.There're other annoying stuffs in the matchmaking such as unbalanced AA power in CV rounds:one 013 Lexington ,3 CLEVELAND and 1 ATLANTA in one team while the other team is FT-based SHOKAKU and virtually no AA ships,and I'm in the latter unfortunately....I've wrote a ticket about this issue.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
4 minutes ago, stratmania said:

Difference being that he did not lose 18 games in a row. Bob is a good player...

All in all,the current matchmaking system which only based on the ship's tier HAS its problems

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
7 minutes ago, stratmania said:

Well bro if the matchmaking system has its problem,it will eventually break out(Murphy's law),just like there is the possibility of opening 2 supercontainers in a row,and I've met that too!(the first is 1000 doubloon and the second is defensive AA fire modification,collected in a row)

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Why u set your profile private?

If u show it to us, maybe we can gib u advice

and think about every game u play

were u perfect all the time? If not, stop complaining

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
30 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

I feel bad with your team in those 18 games, it's must be hard carrying someone like you

I don't think so,look.(BTW it's a point win,our KAGA has no plane,we could have lose)

And I forgot to screenshot the kraken-lose

111111.thumb.PNG.2410b99dfda05e743840d671b67ce9f6.PNG

I have to say everything could happen........Odds are with me when I open supercontainers,but not with me when I play PVP........

Edited by Kim_JongMion

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
18 minutes ago, yukionfire said:

Why u set your profile private?

If u show it to us, maybe we can gib u advice

and think about every game u play

were u perfect all the time? If not, stop complaining

Logically wrong.Whether I played good or bad doesn't matter whether I can point out the objective defect in matchmaking mechanism,because the problem just EXISTS,no matter pointed out by a supertester or a noob,just like the unbalanced AA in CV rounds the other player mentioned,isn't it,my friend?

My K/D is 0.71,I know it's not high but at least not too bad.

Edited by Kim_JongMion

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

One match...

Try showing your stats

It is pretty amusing

I can get 50% higher from that in tier 10 battle with tier 8 ship of the worst type of ship in the game

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
11 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

One match...

Try showing your stats

It is pretty amusing

I can get 50% higher from that in tier 10 battle with tier 8 ship of the worst type of ship in the game

It's off-the-point,the core issue is,whether this only-tier-based matchmaking mechanism has defect,such as unbalanced player skill,unbalanced AA power in CV rounds.The problem is objective and anyone spotted it has the right to point that out,no matter he is a supertester,alphatester or a noob,so whether I post it or not doesn't matter.

44.PNG.abb2df92ba534ece01929c336828bdcc.PNG

55.thumb.PNG.76c9a617f90a866e4ed21f300e3ddb51.PNG

Statistics also has its problem,for instance,damage upon spotting have nothing to do with exp calculation,andabout average damage caused,CV and BB players tends to cause more,as BBs has more HP to damage.However,causing 10000HP damage to DD is much harder than causing 10000HP to BB.

Edited by Kim_JongMion

1,493 posts

I cannot understand why you hide your stats, if you are as good as you say you are, then why hide your stats? It would help people understand where you are coming from, so they could answer your questions you posed...

I don't care if my stats are considered bad, I have fun & that's it.... But I wouldn't go hiding my stats... Unless there is something fishy with your account?

as for the MM, its not going to be changed, so we have to live with it, & alter our play style according to the enemy... If there's too many high tier stuff then go after the smaller ships, if there's too many planes, the hang around the AA ships & protect them from surface ships...

if all of the above fails, you can hide in a corner, or get sunk..

Ordrazz

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
18 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I cannot understand why you hide your stats, if you are as good as you say you are, then why hide your stats? It would help people understand where you are coming from, so they could answer your questions you posed...

I don't care if my stats are considered bad, I have fun & that's it.... But I wouldn't go hiding my stats... Unless there is something fishy with your account?

as for the MM, its not going to be changed, so we have to live with it, & alter our play style according to the enemy... If there's too many high tier stuff then go after the smaller ships, if there's too many planes, the hang around the AA ships & protect them from surface ships...

if all of the above fails, you can hide in a corner, or get sunk..

Ordrazz

Well my friend,whether I'm skillful or noob doesn't matter the essence of this problem:

1.The matchmaking only consider Tier,which has its problem,like the post I quoted,such as imbalanced AA in CV rounds.(Actually I've wrote a ticket about imbalanced AA problem,and WG says they noticed this problem and is working on make a change)

2.Continuous loss is frustrating,no matter to whom.Though I may lose continuously in high Tier rooms,I can put my level 16 captain on premium DD Smith,level 15 captain on Tachibana and bully newbies(I'm sure I can keep winning).But as for the newbies who newly entered this game,if they wanna win more,they have to practice more;but if they keep losing,they'll lose heart and may stop playing,if there's no comfort measures.This server needs more new players,for there's only about 10k players in the most active hours,and if WOWs wanna add new mod,there should be 20-30k people(You can consult this (Floor 10).

So this is the importance to change matchmaking system and add comfort mechanism.

Thanks for reading.

Kim Jong Mion

97 posts
13,773 battles

The matchmaker needs to consider radars.

Just had yet another game where the enemy had 3 radars and we had zero. The teams were otherwise reasonably equal (using matchmaking monitor).

The enemy team was able to hold down all 3 caps and there was nothing our DDs or team could do about it. They also had a GK which could hold down C with hydro in the end.

So this is what you get. We lost 900-0, i.e. we went negative because we couldn't cap.

image.png.6bda346f1341c9af34978d8ed7e7f3db.png

Sign in to follow this