You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Harpoon01

Choosing Tier 9 Ships

Choosing Tier 9 Ships  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Tier 9 Ships that i should choose

• For De Germany
    • Yu Gu Mo
    • In Bucky
    • Skip all the way to tier 10

29 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Guys, i have a problem in choosing which ship to choose first before reaching Tier 10 ships

bad news is all of them are surprisingly... not good

Yugumo = "Slightly" better Kagerou

FDG = just Bigger Bismarck

Ibuki = Mogami minus light 155mm guns plus repair

or simply just use money to skip my way to Tier 10 ships (which basically, beasts)

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Yugumo is worth it.. But FDG is for the people who loved playing bismarck.. Ibuki don't know never played it nor was interested in knowing about it..but sure Zao is worth the grind

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles
55 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Yugumo = "Slightly" better Kagerou

FDG = just Bigger Bismarck

Ibuki = Mogami minus light 155mm guns plus repair

Yugumo= I bought but not sail, but I think she similar to Kagero

FDG= damn good Na BB

Ibuki= I hate this CA so much, but if you play like Atago, Myoko, hmm some how she fine

534 posts

Zao is too tough to play,slow turrets reverse,bad arc and slow reload,cant even prevail 1v1 with Des Moines nor Moskva,ignore it if you disagree

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi

372 posts
10,107 battles
1 hour ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Zao is too tough to play,slow turrets reverse,bad arc and slow reload,cant even prevail 1v1 with Des Moines nor Moskva,ignore it if you disagree

The stupid...it hurts...

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

FDG, can still do a great secondary build (9.3 km from memory). It plays slightly different in that you can deal large damage and late game you get into secondary range or when you have the advantage.

Its still a beast, more so if you have all the upgrades.

415 posts
10,918 battles

Ibuki ... is horrible ... played mine 7 times... only 1 win and 2 kills total... gave up

FDG ... had some fun with ... but being German her shell dispersion is pretty bad

Yugumo ... still playing with to get captain skills where I want... but I'd say you were spot on when you said "slightly" better than Kagero

I would say go with whichever suits your playstyle the best ... I like BB's so I went with FDG so I could get GK and have all the T10 BB's

1,386 posts
8,246 battles

I'm going to say otherwise. IMO FdG is a rather bad ship. Her armor was not an upgrade from Bismarck, 300mm vertical was the thinnest among T9 battleships and even less than Fuso. Yeah she has the slope deck that prevents most citadel hits, but due to a thin main belt, large size and high freeboard, high tier BB can easily harvest normal penetration damage off FdG. The problem is worse than Bismarck not only due to thinner main belt, but also FdG has very crappy firing angle (IIRC 41°), which means if you want full salvo you can't make use of the autobounce mechanism so your paper main belt can be easily pierced. Also, she has a low gun count and rather bad dispersion. IMO skip this ship would be good if you can get used to T10 battleships' maneuverability and high tier meta. GK is a gud ship worth getting.

Ibuki is ok, despite being rather bad compared to her T9 counterparts. You still get IJN concealment and the classic 8"/50 3rd mod2 guns that has really decent HE and moderately good ballistics. And with T9 upgrade slot, you can stay in a safe range for spamming. It's an OK ship. If you want a really relaxing ship, you can skip her for Zao but Ibuki is IMO playable.

I don't play DD much but Yugumo seem to have her own advantage. At 5.5km she is the second best concealment in high tiers, just 100m short of Kagero. If you can use this advantage, you can easily troll every gun boat you meet. She is also much less hated than Shima, I sometimes don't bother shooting Yugumo as a BB, but will 100% shoot that god damn Shimakaze. Also she now has 12km torpedoes, which seems good.(IDK cuz I never played her)

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles
2 hours ago, Storm_Raiser said:

Ibuki ... is horrible ... played mine 7 times... only 1 win and 2 kills total... gave up

FDG ... had some fun with ... but being German her shell dispersion is pretty bad

Yugumo ... still playing with to get captain skills where I want... but I'd say you were spot on when you said "slightly" better than Kagero

I would say go with whichever suits your playstyle the best ... I like BB's so I went with FDG so I could get GK and have all the T10 BB's

Why does the player base hate the Ibuki?

Yeah I find her frustrating to play solo, however in div she is amazing!

Go Ibuki, Zao is amazing from what I've read, Ibuki gameplay is tricky but teaches you the fundamentals of Zao IMO.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
18 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Go Ibuki, Zao is amazing from what I've read, Ibuki gameplay is tricky but teaches you the fundamentals of Zao IMO.

wait, what?

in a div?

the last thing a ibuki want to be is in a div, the IJN CAs are only good as damage farmers, which means that if it's in a div, because competent div mates will take you potential damage away, literally EVERY T9 CA is better in a div then the ibuki

"fundimentals of zao 101": load HE, aim, fire, repeat

Edited by drakon233

372 posts
10,107 battles
4 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Not as hurt when boardside to des moines

Solution: Don't brawl a DES MOINES. DONE.

372 posts
10,107 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

wait, what?

in a div?

the last thing a ibuki want to be is in a div, the IJN CAs are only good as damage farmers, which means that if it's in a div, because competent div mates will take you potential damage away, literally EVERY T9 CA is better in a div then the ibuki

By that logic every cruiser that is not belfast, atlanta or T8-10 S and RU cruisers should not be in a div because they are only good as damage farmers.

2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

"fundimentals of zao 101": load HE, aim, fire, repeat

Yeah no, if you want to be a potato thats what you do. If you don't then there's a lot of other things you need to do.                             

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
7 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

By that logic every cruiser that is not belfast, atlanta or T8-10 S and RU cruisers should not be in a div because they are only good as damage farmers.

Yeah no, if you want to be a potato thats what you do. If you don't then there's a lot of other things you need to do.                             

You seriously dont have a sense of humour do you , he is saying it in a funny way.

Like really , you are downright serious like a professional gamer do his job , relax , we come to this game to enjoy and spend quality time. It is definitely not work time

1,386 posts
8,246 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Ibuki has little to no teamwork capabilities and is inferior to all other T9 CA/CL.

Baltimore has slightly worse ballistics but has far higher RoF, far better AP, same concealment, better AA, and most importantly, radar.

Saint Louis has better ballistics, better survivability, longer range, and great RoF and better AP.

Roon, better survivability, better RoF, better AP, HE is kinda OK, better ballistics, longer range, better AA.

Neptune, far far better RoF, torps that are actually useful, far superior AA, smoke, slightly worse concealment, and arguably better survivability.

Dimitri, better ballistics, longer range, better survivability, better RoF, better AP, more AA, and a radar that sometimes comes in useful.

Ibuki doesn't seem to have an advantage other than high alpha damage from her HE but that's with a very bad RoF.(standard reload for T9 8" is 10 seconds but Ibuki has a freaking 15 seconds) and the torps that almost never comes into use unless you want to get deleted broadside. Oh her concealment is good, but her serious lack of firepower makes utilizing this advantage not so easy.

Edited by _Halcyon

64 posts
3,175 battles

When I first started playing Yuugumo it actually seemed inferior to the Kagero.

In the Kagero you have slightly but considerably better agility. In the Yuugumo I started off with the engine acceleration modification but ended up taking that off for the rudder shift mod. I didn't find the guides saying that 3 secs rudder shift she'll be right mate was actually right at all. It's a damn shame but essential if you want to be there to kill DD's and maintain plain sight survivability.

Partly you need to know that the bar of acceptable goes from 'It's alright if you didn't kill that Fletcher/Gearing' to 'Actually, you must deal with the Fletcher until her boiler goes cold'.

If it weren't for the guns, torp selection or that tier 9 build slot that you get to use then it would be dead inferior.

As for killing Fletcher's, with the right mix of moves they're pretty easily harassed but I'm still working on reliably holding them back solo, which is unfortunate but sometimes the scenario. Outside of that I don't find the Yuugumo has many problems dealing with other DD's.

So in summary, if you like the Kagero the Yuugumo is an acceptable progression.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles
2 hours ago, _Halcyon said:

Ibuki has little to no teamwork capabilities and is inferior to all other T9 CA/CL.

Baltimore has slightly worse ballistics but has far higher RoF, far better AP, same concealment, better AA, and most importantly, radar.

Saint Louis has better ballistics, better survivability, longer range, and great RoF and better AP.

Roon, better survivability, better RoF, better AP, HE is kinda OK, better ballistics, longer range, better AA.

Neptune, far far better RoF, torps that are actually useful, far superior AA, smoke, slightly worse concealment, and arguably better survivability.

Dimitri, better ballistics, longer range, better survivability, better RoF, better AP, more AA, and a radar that sometimes comes in useful.

Ibuki doesn't seem to have an advantage other than high alpha damage from her HE but that's with a very bad RoF.(standard reload for T9 8" is 10 seconds but Ibuki has a freaking 15 seconds) and the torps that almost never comes into use unless you want to get deleted broadside. Oh her concealment is good, but her serious lack of firepower makes utilizing this advantage not so easy.

ibuki is bad? i sail donskoi and i think its crap

huge, clumsy and easy meat for T10 bb

or im playing mine wrong as i always go up try radar cap help my team dd

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

Well I can understand everyones arguments for and (mostly) against the Ibuki.

Maybe it's cause I don't have any other CAs outside IJN, but I do love the Ibuki.

Love ninja-knifing enemy Cruisers in her. (Got her down to around 10km spotted).

Then once the mid-game starts flamewerfing enemy BBs...

As for in divs, do hope that was sarcasm, being in a div is always better IMO:Smile-_tongue: