You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OdinAU

"Special" upgrades

31 comments in this topic

[R-A-N]
15 posts
3,175 battles

Super containers are pretty hard to come by so when you do get one you want to at least get something you can use from them right? they would probably be fine if it wasnt for those "special upgrades" the only way they are special is the same way [content removed] except whats one too many is one of the "rewards" lets face it, every single "upgrade" is inferior to your other choices for upgrades.....WG even knows themselves theyre shit, they sell for 625,000 silver LOL. lets just look at that for a second here, say you open a credit container, you get 50,000 credits and sometimes flags ect that means you would need to open 12-13 credit containers to get what these "special upgrades" sell for...but the odds of getting a super container is maybe 1/60 if youre lucky...so where does that leave you? i hate to complain but these upgrades really do ruin what is a really cool system, am i alone in feeling like this? why not make it so the upgrades can also have a captian skill attached to it? or just remove them entirely i dont know, i just wanted to rant after getting 3 of these stupid things.

Derogatory comments. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

294 posts
2,997 battles

Nope, I'm pretty much with you on this. Super Containers are rare enough. They should have cool stuff that can't be bought for credits like free xp, free port slots, premium stuff only. SCz, with their present low drop rate, shouldn't be spouting crap upgrades which you might not need at all. Right now getting an SC is like playing lottery twice. One for getting the container itself and second to actually get something decent out of it. This is why I rely on events more than on luck. At-least I'm darn sure of getting something good for putting hard work into it.

Edited by LonerPrime

683 posts
7,358 battles

Or make the special upgrades really worth it. For instance, why would I trade AA range for longer duration of DFAA? Wouldn't that reduce my effectiveness as anti air support to my teammates?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I know what you're saying but for me.. I use the speed boost upgrade and the smoke upgrade.. Planning to use Anti AA on baltimore but thing is yeah getting them in Super Container and getting same thing over and over again it is frustrating.. u might use them but how many? Idk i'd even take a 1 mil credits but upgrades which sell for 650k?? come on.. 

Like who is gonna use spotter module? these days I've not seen ships staying behind all the way 23kms and shoot.. everyone(with brain ofc) is using fighters on BBs..

Now there is Hydro module.. I can use it on RN CLs, German DDs, German BBs.. because they are worth it.. But one in 100 or 1000 containers? really?

Radar module is worth it as well... 

I don't make the point straight but thing is there are useful upgrades but make them a separate choice... I'd like credits, Free XP, even port slots.. but please don't mix them with other things it is just frustrating and not exactly worth because you have the spotter upgrade with them..

1,491 posts

Dear daxtacy,

while I understand your post about the super containers, the rarity of them, & when they do show up, the rewards can be sometimes disappointing,  I do not see it as appropriate to make references to people with disabilities.

as a new poster, I can understand that you may not know all the rules, on this whole forum, we do not make references to illnesses, diseases or disabled people, as it is inappropriate to use the above as a description about your post topics, as it hurts the people who may have suffered, or know others who may have suffered from the above....

please edit your post.

Ordrazz

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Btw, assuming that I want to swap those "special module" upgrades for another one, is there any other way to keep those modules other than spending doubloons?

This is my only real issue with it since those modules are hard to come by. I have a feeling that WG is forcing us to either cough up doubloons just to keep it after demounting, or spending an "eternity" fetching another one from bad SC or ranked rewards.

Alpha Tester
392 posts
5 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

I don't agree.Smoke generator upgrade is really useful to UK ships and Perth.

Besides my supercontainer rate is about 1/20-1/25

Not everyone plays RN CLs or Perth.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Smoke upgrade on RNCL.. are you serious?

Yes, he is dead serious of being [content removed]

The smoke upgrade increase the Duration of smoke generator but decrease the duration of smoke itself

Insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

455 posts
8,038 battles
On 25/06/2017 at 7:15 AM, Kim_JongMion said:

I don't agree.Smoke generator upgrade is really useful to UK ships and Perth.

Besides my supercontainer rate is about 1/20-1/25

What kind of black magic do you use to get that consistently lucky?

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
28 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Well luck is balanced.......Though I get more supercontainers,but I always suffer continuous lose despite it's not my fault......My record was 18 continuous lose and one of them is kraken-lose........

As for what I've got from supercontainers:

1000 doubloon*3,

50 ocean soul*2,

100 dragon flag*2,

hydro search upgrade*1,

defensive AA upgrade*2,

spotting aircraft upgrade*1,

smoke generator upgrade*3,

5,000,000 credits*1,

50000 Free exp*1

But one of my friend is the luckiest person I've ever met,he got an ATLANTA from a supercontainer.......

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
32 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Trowing enough manure at the wall and some of it will stick.

He must be always "trying his luck".

For reference, the TYL options yields 3-4 SCs per 100 openings with my average luck.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
4 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

Yes, he is dead serious of being [content removed]

The smoke upgrade increase the Duration of smoke generator but decrease the duration of smoke itself

Insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

But the extra 2 second is really useful when you don't have enough time to slow down.The extra 2 second allows you to cover yourself in smoke starting at a higher speed

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

For reference, the TYL options yields 3-4 SCs per 100 openings with my average luck.

You got it.And I've experimented with 30 containers and get a piece of experience:If you open "Try your luck"continuously(in a row),if the first is supercontainer,the next is highly likely to be supercontainer too;But if the first is nothing,the second is highly likely to be nothing too.

372 posts
10,098 battles
On 2017. 6. 26. at 11:58 AM, Kim_JongMion said:

But the extra 2 second is really useful when you don't have enough time to slow down.The extra 2 second allows you to cover yourself in smoke starting at a higher speed

If [Content removed] you don't need that extra 2 seconds.

General Insult, Post edited, User warned

~Fridaynight_FEVER

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I want to give 250 flags back to SC

smoke gen - ARE YOU CRAZY???
DFAA - HECK???

damage control - useless

spotting aircraft - itisok.jpg (I use for Warspite)

Engine boooooost - great for running 3 mins

Hydro - I'll use for Moskva or Hinden or Z-52 (I'm preparing)

radar - come on DD pls cap and surprise! 30/56 sec lololol (RIP DD)

I would say something useful for things and 70% are useless for things

example

Gearing smoke emission/duration is 30/130 sec slot 2 use AA (troll CV kek) 7.2km or aiming whatever Gearing use if Gearing use smoke gen action +9 sec but Gearing will lose duration time from 130 to 114.4 (waste time very much) smoke gen only except Perth in fact action time 90 sec up to 117 sec

DFAA who care? no one stay near AA boat just add more 20% active time

damage control no one care if you repaired just shoot them!!!!!!!

[LNA]
1,661 posts
10,447 battles
12 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

"we removed the 250 flag containers due to complaints"

complaints by who, WG's marketing division?

Inflation was what i last heard , and i mean economy inflation that make every single salary man brain go poof

112 posts
1,553 battles

One of the few containers I got gave me 250 dragon flags :3 Why on earth would they remove that:? It made my skill grind much easier.

Soon after I came back to the game I got 4 Supercontainers, and for the past 3 months of TYL i havn't got a single one. Yah.....

455 posts
8,038 battles
59 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

I've been using TYL almost exclusively since the SC changes and got one single SC since

That's about 1 in ~200 containers

Ofc it was a useless mod too

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
3 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

I want to give 250 flags back to SC

smoke gen - ARE YOU CRAZY???
DFAA - HECK???

damage control - useless

spotting aircraft - itisok.jpg (I use for Warspite)

Engine boooooost - great for running 3 mins

Hydro - I'll use for Moskva or Hinden or Z-52 (I'm preparing)

radar - come on DD pls cap and surprise! 30/56 sec lololol (RIP DD)

I would say something useful for things and 70% are useless for things

example

Gearing smoke emission/duration is 30/130 sec slot 2 use AA (troll CV kek) 7.2km or aiming whatever Gearing use if Gearing use smoke gen action +9 sec but Gearing will lose duration time from 130 to 114.4 (waste time very much) smoke gen only except Perth in fact action time 90 sec up to 117 sec

DFAA who care? no one stay near AA boat just add more 20% active time

damage control no one care if you repaired just shoot them!!!!!!!

DFAA for 013 CV

683 posts
7,358 battles
4 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Well luck is balanced.......Though I get more supercontainers,but I always suffer continuous lose despite it's not my fault......My record was 18 continuous lose and one of them is kraken-lose........

As for what I've got from supercontainers:

1000 doubloon*3,

50 ocean soul*2,

100 dragon flag*2,

hydro search upgrade*1,

defensive AA upgrade*2,

spotting aircraft upgrade*1,

smoke generator upgrade*3,

5,000,000 credits*1,

50000 Free exp*1

But one of my friend is the luckiest person I've ever met,he got an ATLANTA from a supercontainer.......

I want those Dragon flags!!!!