You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
phutev

Yuugumo - F3 or 93 mod.3 ?

10 comments in this topic

64 posts
3,175 battles

I'm about half way on XP to the Shima now, so far have been happy enough with the F3 torpedoes but I haven't had the credits yet to try the longer range torpedoes.

The damage with F3 I feel is possibly overly inconsistent. The games where they touch seem to keep giving but others - where the enemy seemingly only sails away from you - prove to be pretty poor for damage.

Also with only 8km range you're forced to be creative to drop a sneaky smoke cleanser on smoke hogs that have some clue what they're doing, although the fact that they reach the smoke quickly is a nice trade off.

Having said that I would not go back to the 93 mod.2 - seemingly too easy to dodge with a longer cycle time, I suppose both problems that come back with the 93 mod 3.

So which one do you pick?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

with the amount of Radar ship in the game, it would be better to stick with 10km or 12km range torpedo

415 posts
10,918 battles

I found the F3 torps to be seriously lacking and didn't have much luck with them so I went back to the 10km ones ... as soon as I have enough commander XP to re-spec my captain I'm going to try the 12km torps with the Torpedo Acceleration skill so I have 9.6km 72 kts torps ...  which will either give me the best of both types or  possibly totally suck ... If anyone has already tried that pls let me know which.

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

I wont advise you to spec for torp acceleration as it reduce the buffer range against radar platform, your torps are plenty fast enough, the extra range is very helpful on reversing maniacs and help you reach things that might be behind the target

64 posts
3,175 battles

Seems like the prevailing opinion is for the longer range torpedoes for visibility risk reasons.

I guess it's down to play style, since I don't really find the visibility issue to be hugely problematic when using the F3's. Thinking about it I don't know if I would be really that far away from the enemy if the scenario was still game deciding.

I suppose if I ran the full gun build it would make sense.

505 posts
4,176 battles

take 93 mod.3 as its more.... lets just say that F3 is too situational and 93 mod 3 is more flexible for all situations and gameplay except aggresive gameplay

i recently clear yugumo and here is what i have to say
yugumo have amazing guns ( self defense term) incomparison to Shimakaze 
if you are caught against a fletcher and you only can shoot ur way out, just shoot have some confidence 
some players even in a fletcher vs a yugumo will run when taking damages
personally i don't win direct fights but i mostly get out of a situation with more damage traded because the flecther i fight usually run taking the damage making them unable to unleash all the firepower ( guns)
i have no comment against Russian or German DD and i apologise
P.S. when u see a shimakaze in a 1v1 situation with no support both side ... HUNT HER DOWN you will win  definately 

because you have same guns and yugumo have more range.... thats about it