Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SHONAN_MARU_2

Thoughts on using free XP to skip the Izumo or save it for the Missouri

22 comments in this topic

7 posts

Hello Commanders,

What are your thoughts on using free XP to skip the Izumo? or Should I just save it for the Missouri? I really find the Izumo Ugly and I don't wanna spend over 15 million credits on it. hahaha My initial plan was to use about 360K free XP to skip the Izumo, but now I'm leaning more towards saving it for the Missouri. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles

Well it depends on how bad you want Yamato. I think 249k xp is easier to get by playing than dumping that much hard earned free exp for a ship that you may or may not like in the end. Ship exp is easier to get than fxp. You can stack camo and flags with a little bit of premium time and do some mindless grinding in Izumo, this should not take more than 150 battles. That's my thought. 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

To be honest, the Izumo is a tough ship to play. Easier now than in the past, but still a tough ship.

The thing that makes the Izumo good is that it teaches you the Yamato playstyle and not to show your broadsides.

It may need a buff though, if you have the XP, id personally say skip the Izumo though as its painful and those credits if limited would be better spent on the Yamato.

7 posts

Thank you for your thoughts icy_phoenix and greifer, I appreciate the replies.

icy_phoenix, I was thinking about that and going the long way of grinding out about 360K XP with the Izumo, that's with the B and C hull. I've been using a premium account but I wish I saved up all those bonus flags and camos. LOL Thanks for your input though

greifer, yes, I was also thinking the same thing about learning from the Izumo, but I just thought that it would be ok to skip since, I've spent a lot of time and learned a lot from the NC (having a similar layout as the Yamato, and very squishy when broadside). 

I guess the grinding the Izumo is the sacrifice you have to make to get the Yamato. LOL

Thank you again Commanders! Have a good one and Cheers!

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

The thing with the Izumo even though it's an ugly duckling she does have good guns that are accurate is pretty tanky against AP & really needs Fire prevention to make the fires manageable. I managed to get a lot of really good games out of her and thought she was better than the Iowa. A lot also comes down to personal preference about the ship.

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles

Another thing to consider as well, did you enjoy Iowa? If not, then may be Missouri can wait, if you did then Missouri is a fantastic addition and might as well save for her.

7 posts
6,450 battles
43 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i'd actually say use that free XP on the KM BB or USN BB grind, the yamato is the worst proforming T10 as of now anyways

If you don't mind the dispersion and love secondary brawl, which you will seldom used, then might consider this recommendation. If you love snipping, Amagi is fun to play.

455 posts
8,038 battles

If credits are not an issue for you why not just buy izumo and try out a dozen games maybe?
Yes its hard to play because concealment is so bad and turns like a brick, especially when stock. You are better off speccing for concealment so that you can at least reach some cover without cruisers burning you down to half hp, as Fire prevention is kinda underwhelming in a non brawling BB.
Also the gun placement is interesting and the shell velocity is great. Its not really as bad as people make it out to be

7 posts

Hello Commanders! 

Thank you for all your input, I appreciate all your help. Okay let me try to reply to each one of you :Smile_honoring:

Bob778_, Thanks for sharing your encouraging experience with the Izumo, I would prefer really good games over looks, guess I'll just have to live with an ugly ship for some time. hahaha reminds me of my time with the Fuso.

icy_phoenix, I actually held back on buying the Iowa, I've researched her but I thought that she was a downgrade from the North Carolina having the same guns, bigger citadel, worse concealment and maneuverability, (according to her specs at least). I've had a few games with both the USN and IJN T9-T10 BB's in the Test Server, and I really enjoyed and had good games with the Yamato. Anyway with the Missouri I'm actually pretty close to being able to afford her, and I was thinking that it could help me out a lot with earning credits. 

drakon223, really? that's interesting, haven't heard anything bad about the Yamato. anyway I wouldn't need the free XP for both the USN and KM BB lines. I personally don't mind grinding those ships. its more of just my priority of which T10 ship I should get first, them being really expensive. and I really just hate how the Izumo looks. LOL

Fritz_Yuri, Thanks for your input, I actually just finished the Amagi grind. and yes she was a very fun ship, I didn't do much sniping with her but I loved brawling with her. kind of felt like the Bismarck but better accuracy. I guess I'm just more of an aggressive BB player. 

Adm_kunkka, Thank you for the encouragement and tips, that's good to know. I think my captain would fit right in, having both fire prevention and concealment. I'm just worried with the maneuverability, torpedo's are always my greatest enemy. haha

Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts and experiences to help me decide. 

Cheers and have a good one!

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
14 minutes ago, SHONAN_MARU_2 said:

Hello Commanders! 

Thank you for all your input, I appreciate all your help. Okay let me try to reply to each one of you :Smile_honoring:

Bob778_, Thanks for sharing your encouraging experience with the Izumo, I would prefer really good games over looks, guess I'll just have to live with an ugly ship for some time. hahaha reminds me of my time with the Fuso.

icy_phoenix, I actually held back on buying the Iowa, I've researched her but I thought that she was a downgrade from the North Carolina having the same guns, bigger citadel, worse concealment and maneuverability, (according to her specs at least). I've had a few games with both the USN and IJN T9-T10 BB's in the Test Server, and I really enjoyed and had good games with the Yamato. Anyway with the Missouri I'm actually pretty close to being able to afford her, and I was thinking that it could help me out a lot with earning credits. 

drakon223, really? that's interesting, haven't heard anything bad about the Yamato. anyway I wouldn't need the free XP for both the USN and KM BB lines. I personally don't mind grinding those ships. its more of just my priority of which T10 ship I should get first, them being really expensive. and I really just hate how the Izumo looks. LOL

Fritz_Yuri, Thanks for your input, I actually just finished the Amagi grind. and yes she was a very fun ship, I didn't do much sniping with her but I loved brawling with her. kind of felt like the Bismarck but better accuracy. I guess I'm just more of an aggressive BB player. 

Adm_kunkka, Thank you for the encouragement and tips, that's good to know. I think my captain would fit right in, having both fire prevention and concealment. I'm just worried with the maneuverability, torpedo's are always my greatest enemy. haha

Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts and experiences to help me decide. 

Cheers and have a good one!

Missouri is a T9 prem, you could earn back those free exp using that. 750k free exp, I can't even think about it :I

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles
1 hour ago, FishyPower said:

Missouri is a T9 prem, you could earn back those free exp using that. 750k free exp, I can't even think about it :I

Let's say you get 1k fxp per game (as you play for the day), its still 750 games! Thats a long time. It was easier for me cause I never really fxp anything. I even grinded horrible things like Fuso A hull, colorado, Amagi A hull, Izumo A and B etc. But getting Missouri was sort of liberating in a sense that I dont need to hold back on fxp anymore.

Beta Tester
630 posts
6,928 battles

I enjoyed the IJN BB line until I got to Izumo - then I decided I wasn't going any further up the line.  Izumo isn't particularly fun, and I don't really want a Yamato.  I'm slowly saving for a Missouri, have about 400k now.

The Amagi really is the gem of the IJN BB line, it's basically overpowered.  It's hard to have a bad game in it, even if you're uptiered to tier 10.

69 posts
8,918 battles
16 hours ago, SHONAN_MARU_2 said:

Hello Commanders,

What are your thoughts on using free XP to skip the Izumo? or Should I just save it for the Missouri? I really find the Izumo Ugly and I don't wanna spend over 15 million credits on it. hahaha My initial plan was to use about 360K free XP to skip the Izumo, but now I'm leaning more towards saving it for the Missouri. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

hi, before I purchased my Izumo, I also had same question, when lots of people say its bad, you start to think the same. But after I got it, I quite like it, its heavily armored, very different to nagato or fuso, complete differnet world as Amagi or kongo. as long as you angle properly, you wont get penetrated by others AP apart from yamato. Rather than using free xp to skip this ship, I would say free xp to its c hull to make it less sluggish.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Why don't save all these for RN BB Grind?

You can just buy an Alabama to play around with if you like USN BB. I mean sure it earn a bit less and and slower, but it's extremely fun to play and basically is the same ship without Radar.

IMO Missouri is really just for the people who finished the entire game's grind. Don't waste on it - you can get a Iowa with MUCH less than 750K XP.

158 posts
4,154 battles

Spenind that much Fxp just to skip to Yamato might be a bit of a waste, as the KM t10 is more powerful. That said, if WG puts the Nelson Class into the RN line, you might find that Izumo is a good learning experience, as they have the same turret positions. Though that is probably a long way down the track.

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles

Only problem for me with izumo is she feels like a brick in the water. Apart from that she is quite good. The dispersion is trollish but if you shoot enough you will eventually hit. Also you need to play izumo to get a feeling for Yamato. Jumping to Yamato straight from amagi may not lead to the best experience. Amagi is fast with lots of guns and laser arc, while Yamato is very sluggish with floaty shells and you mostly have 6 guns. They are more similar to izumo in character.

7 posts

Hello Commanders,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and being so helpful,

Hi icy_phoenix, the Izumo's handling/maneuverability with her size is what worries me, especially in times when you have to avoid torpedo's or disengage. so does that mean that the playstyle with the Izumo is mostly sniping from the back? I really hope not, because that would be a terrible grind for me. 

Moggytwo, maybe things have changed for the Izumo? updates/buffs? I'm really hoping her performance makes up for her looks haha. I do agree with the Amagi being a very good ship, most of the time I don't even notice that I'm up tiered, till a Yamato gets a good salvo on me even when I'm angled. LOL

Hello lordphilippe, Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience, it's so tempting to use some free XP for the Hull's, but costing 104K free XP. I'm now very hesitant to spend free XP on it, being very close to the 750K for the Missouri. I think I will just use up my camo's with XP bonus to get the hull's quicker, I still have around 100 total.

Alvin1020, hmmm... RN BB line, you're getting me excited haha, I was just trying out the Warspite on the test server and it was fun and accurate for a T6. I was really tempted on the Alabama, having really enjoyed the North Carolina. but with that price I could just buy doubloons instead and convert enough free XP to buy the Missouri and still have doubloons left. anyway I can actually get the Iowa anytime, it's just a matter of priority for me which T10 BB to go for first, with the limited credits I have. I appreciate your advice though and thank you.

darkflame88, Thank you for your thoughts, It was just very tempting to use free XP to get the Yamato, being so close and having enough credits. personally I really don't like how the Izumo looks that it bothered me LOL and I didn't wanna grind again for credits needed for the Yamato. but Thanks to all of the feedback I got here, I think I'll just save my free XP for the Missouri. anyway I'm really curious about the KM T10, I really like the Bismarck and Scharnhorst but I was frustrated with the T6-T7 KM BB's.

Commanders, Thank you again for the feedback and good advice, 

Cheers and have a great day!

[MEGA]
4,679 posts
18,030 battles
2 hours ago, SHONAN_MARU_2 said:

Hello Commanders,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and being so helpful,

happy to help anyone who dont come ranting his head off as the first thing he does in the forums

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
On 6/25/2017 at 2:00 AM, icy_phoenix said:

Let's say you get 1k fxp per game (as you play for the day), its still 750 games! Thats a long time. It was easier for me cause I never really fxp anything. I even grinded horrible things like Fuso A hull, colorado, Amagi A hull, Izumo A and B etc. But getting Missouri was sort of liberating in a sense that I dont need to hold back on fxp anymore.

True, I game a lot and tbh, 750 is still at least 2 months for me

980 posts
12,782 battles

Highly recommend Missouri for credits. However, the Missouri is pretty average in terms of game play. 

Personally I'm not that excited for Yamato. 

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles

Izumo and Yamato follow same type of gameplay. They are both huge and sluggish. Only good thing about yamato is, wherever you point, the shells will land exactly there, unlike izumo. Aside from that, both mostly fight with 6 guns for the most part of the battle, both have worst anti air for their tier, both gets burnt to death pretty regularly. Once you push up, there is no turning back unless all reds are dead.

Sign in to follow this