You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
darkflame88

A warning to Kaga captains - your team will always report you

62 comments in this topic

157 posts
4,084 battles

This is a warning to all players who use Kaga, expect to be despised by nearly every other player on your team. No matter what you do you will be attacked verbally in the chat and reported for not protecting their ships. I understand there are those players out their that have no functional intelligence, and cannot seem to understand that Kaga has exceptionally horrible fighters, to the point where they are only really useful as decoys, but I accept that those players are just ignorant.

It doesn't matter if you make incredible strikes against the enemy BB's or even manage to sink an enemy Saipan, you will still be despised for not stopping an enemy Atlanta from burning your teams DD's to death or hated because your fighters weren't able to stop the two squadrons of tier 9 dive bombers from wrecking their tier 5 BB.

To that end, it is probably for the best to simply shut down the chat at the start of the match, and play how you want, as you'll be despised and reported by your team regardless.

Edited by darkflame88

26 posts
3,447 battles

Kaga is not a bad ship, judging from my experience. It IS a player that matters. Moving on.

24 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

...not stopping an enemy Atlanta from burning your teams DD's to death

Dude, no T7 aircraft carriers can mess with Atlanta w/ AA settings. Besides, it's normally CA & BB's job to deal with enemy atlanta. Why are you blaming CV for that?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles
2 minutes ago, Ingramaus said:

Too many people are used to the comfort of Saipan's presence.

Too true.  People dont realise that they are so completely different its not funny.   Sure you can bomb and torp everything in a Kaga....but you actually have to be talented enough to get your planes near a target.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles
4 minutes ago, Ingramaus said:

Too many people are used to the comfort of Saipan's presence.

Balance concerns aside, I still cringe and report my Saipan if he acts like a complete idiot.

I don't expect my CV do to everything, I expect him to at least make an effort to do his damn job.

157 posts
4,084 battles
3 minutes ago, W_M1 said:

Kaga is not a bad ship, judging from my experience. It IS a player that matters. Moving on.

Dude, no T7 aircraft carriers can mess with Atlanta w/ AA settings. Besides, it's normally CA & BB's job to deal with enemy atlanta. Why are you blaming CV for that?

I was the Kaga in that case, I was blamed for not killing the bloody thing. Because all our BB's were killed off by the enemy in 5 minutes

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles
10 minutes ago, W_M1 said:

... But he's implying that CV shouldn't be blamed for their incapacity to delete a hostile Atlanta

Edited by 9mm1n

112 posts
1,553 battles

Playing CV's is either a stomp, or a frustrating rage fest where you can't attack anything.

I would not recomend getting any sort of premium CV unless you are a total nutjob who gets pleasure from all the pain they bring XD

157 posts
4,084 battles
3 minutes ago, stratmania said:

Balance concerns aside, I still cringe and report my Saipan if he acts like a complete idiot.

I don't expect my CV do to everything, I expect him to at least make an effort to do his damn job.

Yes, and I get reported as a Kaga every time I either kill the enemy Saipan, or kill the enemy DD's but I can't kill the enemy CV's and DD's AND protect the rest of the fleet, my fighters are in no way that fast or powerful.

Edited by darkflame88

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles
6 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Yes, and I get reported as a Kaga every time I either kill the enemy Saipan, or kill the enemy DD's but I can't kill the enemy CV's and DD's AND protect the rest of the fleet, my fighters are in no way that fast or powerful.

As a Kaga, your job is to deal as much damage as you can, as quickly as you can.

Your fighters are terrible and are only meant for delaying/minor defense. If you fail to cover allied ships thats fine. If you fail to whack non-AAspec BBs or non DFAA cruisers that have mispositioned in some way or another I will of course report you. 

Also, a little tip: If the Saipan you face is halfway decent, you will not be able to snipe him properly.

Edited by stratmania

157 posts
4,084 battles
Just now, stratmania said:

As a Kaga, your job is to deal as much damage as you can, as quickly as you can.

Your fighters are terrible and are only meant for delaying/minor defense. If you fail to cover allied ships thats fine. If you fail to whack non-AAspec BBs or non DFAA cruisers I will of course report you. 

Also, a little tip: If the Saipan you face is halfway decent, you will not be able to snipe him properly.

Exactly, I use my fighters to delay enemy fighters, so my TB's can get to the enemy, Kaga is meant for killing Tier V-Vi BB's and the occasional DD, that said, I have managed to take out or severely damage nearly half the saipan's I have gone up against, but most of the people I play with seem to think that the CV is there sole to protect them from attack. I can't be held responsible if the enemy Atlanta sits directly in the center of the enemy fleet, and covers  the lower tier BB's with a wall of AA.

381 posts
9,957 battles

I never report a CV just because he couldn't save everyone from all possible strikes and from my experience most people understand that as well. To get reported in a CV by teammates one must have made huge mistakes in macromanagement that cost his team the whole game.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Great timing!

I came out of this battle to open this thread..

7OjkhV1.jpg?1

Edit: I wonder how many reports this kaga made for himself?

Edited by AntifoulAwl

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
1 hour ago, darkflame88 said:

This is a warning to all players who use Kaga, expect to be despised by nearly every other player on your team. No matter what you do you will be attacked verbally in the chat and reported for not protecting their ships. I understand there are those players out their that have no functional intelligence, and cannot seem to understand that Kaga has exceptionally horrible fighters, to the point where they are only really useful as decoys, but I accept that those players are just ignorant.

It doesn't matter if you make incredible strikes against the enemy BB's or even manage to sink an enemy Saipan, you will still be despised for not stopping an enemy Atlanta from burning your teams DD's to death or hated because your fighters weren't able to stop the two squadrons of tier 9 dive bombers from wrecking their tier 5 BB.

To that end, it is probably for the best to simply shut down the chat at the start of the match, and play how you want, as you'll be despised and reported by your team regardless.

or, it might be because you simply dont do all that well in a kaga? have you thought about that possibility?

157 posts
4,084 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

or, it might be because you simply dont do all that well in a kaga? have you thought about that possibility?

Yes, and I know I'm not the be all and end all, but just because I only rank in the middle of my team in most cases doesn't mean I should be told that I should be raped and murdered, which is something I have been told in the past.

157 posts
4,084 battles
11 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Great timing!

I came out of this battle to open this thread..

7OjkhV1.jpg?1

Edit: I wonder how many reports this kaga made for himself?

What kind of carriers and CA;s were you up against, because if there was an atlanta or other AA based CA, the Kaga's planes probably got slaughtered.

Edited by darkflame88

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
Just now, darkflame88 said:

What kind of carriers and CA;s were you up against, because if there was an atlanta or other AA based CA, the Kaga's planes probably got slaughtered.

but the indi did quite well, so i'd say it's more of a case of the "moron kaga" symptom, and there is 0 excuse for a CV getting bottom of the team, he has AT LEAST 10 minutes to deal damage to the enemy team, more then enough time to get him into the middle of the team unless he got sniped like a skrub

157 posts
4,084 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

but the indi did quite well, so i'd say it's more of a case of the "moron kaga" symptom, and there is 0 excuse for a CV getting bottom of the team, he has AT LEAST 10 minutes to deal damage to the enemy team, more then enough time to get him into the middle of the team unless he got sniped like a skrub

True, and yet he may have been sniped before even getting his planes near the enemy, or he went afk, or got dropped or it could even be a bot. it's strange because I've never seen any t7 carrier get less than 10 shoot downs with two CV's on a team.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

If the enemy team is not foolish enough to spread out to 3 or 4 groups you have next to no chance at all wether it be 5 or 10 or even 15 min.

Kaga ft is so weak that being a meatshield is a lost cause, kaga is heavily dependant on line up to work properly.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

If the enemy team is not foolish enough to spread out to 3 or 4 groups you have next to no chance at all wether it be 5 or 10 or even 15 min.

Kaga ft is so weak that being a meatshield is a lost cause, kaga is heavily dependant on line up to work properly.

there are ALWAYs other options to strike at, i have almost never seen a team that didnt have a few CAs or DDs overextend in a CV match, it's up to the CV to take the opportunity and strike at him